Sign in to follow this  
General Armendariz

Buy 2009 LEGO Pirates from S@H or Toys R Us

The guy I spoke too also said the US sales were FAR above expectancy. Go Lego go!

I love hearing things like this! Great sign of things to come.

I presume this will be so for the rest of Europe as well though.

I´m not so sure on that. I have both the swedish and the german catalog, and some of the release dates were totally different! For exemple, 2 of the Indy sets were not in the swedish catalog at all. One of them came to Sweden in the summer, we are still waiting for the other one. :pir-hmpf_bad:

So the release date can vary a lot between some countries

I don’t put to much faith in release dates any more so much stuff arrive totally at random (normally before the proper date) at my local Lego store for me to think about them. It’s great to hear that sales were above expectations as it means more years of pirates.

i feel sorry for the Europeans because they will not get the sets as early as we might.

Thank you for your sympathy, I was just out of Europe in Russia. :pir-look: Hmm, very interesting, the series "Pirats", on the contrary all enjoyed in the U.S.? :imperialguard_commander1: Here we have in Russia were all dissatisfied series, saying something like "Normal, re revival, although I obviously think the series" Pirats "2009 is very good. :pir-classic: It turns out that the reverse is very loved series. This at least shows that not wasted a series revived. :thumbup:

thanks Zorro for the information ^^ now I can plan my next purchases^^

Edited by Guss

Oups... used the wrong word (I'm tired sorry ^^ )... sorry I'm going to correct it

The guy I spoke too also said the US sales were FAR above expectancy. Go Lego go!

In THAT CASE...

TLG would be making a big mistake keeping us waiting for more months.

I don't know whether this happens for anyone else but I find after time the initial hype will go and I'll think about using Pirate savings for Summer releases

They say January but it seems to me every year that I've looked there are quite a few products that are out before Christmas, I asume one reason could be that some children are given money so Lego gives them something new to spend it on.

It seems odd to me that lego release their new sets in January. You'd think a toy company would want all of their hot new products out in time for Christmas.

That's a VERY good point! :jollyroger::pir-sad:

All this "Being released two weeks before Christmas" lark is all good but Lego is pushing it a bit aint they? I mean if we wait till then to buy, and there not realesed...How will you do your shopping! :pir_wacko:

All this "Being released two weeks before Christmas" lark is all good but Lego is pushing it a bit aint they? I mean if we wait till then to buy, and there not realesed...How will you do your shopping! :pir_wacko:

ALSO a very good point! :jollyroger::pir-oh:

If this is true, this is a very bad move from LEGO. I wouldn't be surprised if the sales in Europe would be way less than expected by TLG, but then again, they're overpricing things here and make us wait. So it's no wonder our money goes elsewhere. It's allmost like LEGO doesn't care and will leave the European market or something.

After calling to the Belgian Lego Customers services department I found out that TLC will release both IMPULSE packs in January and the rest of the sets in March (BeNeLux)! I presume this will be so for the rest of Europe as well though.

My customer told me that the Impuls sets are going to be released in Germany in February and the normal sets in May. But regarding the found of pirate sets in NOVEMBER I think that LEGO is equilibrating the release difference of the 2008 Castle sets (January Europe, August USA).

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I've not noticed anyone talk about this yet. But I've seen a lot of people look at the Toys R Us website for the new pirates and get disappointed. I have a link to proove they are on sale now:

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw...254197&sr=1

I also haven't noticed that small pirate set other than the 4 ones we've seen commonly. Doesn't really catch my attention, but atleast now we know.

EDIT: I clicked on one picture, and in the related items saw one of the new City farming sets. Too bad I don't have a credit card. :pir-tongue:

Edited by bub166

Well I found this out Yesterday, and Posted it somewhere. But Still Thanks for the Thread. :) Sure someone will find it useful. :pir-classic:

Thanks. :pir-tongue: I hadn't yet found it, but I mostly lurk in the more popular threads. For some reason, I can't find that thread about the ship.. Oh well.

I checked the .au (Australian) website, and not only is there no information on 2009 LEGO pirates, but there is no information on any of their products. :pir_bawling: www.toysrus.com.au is without doubt the worst website ever. :pir-angry:

Perhaps it's because the 2009 sets have a different Australian release date. They might not be released there until months after.