Sign in to follow this  
General Armendariz

Which pirate captain do you like now?

Vote!  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which pirate captain do you like now?

• Roger/Red Beard
    • Iron Hook
    • Brick Beard
    • Captain Pete (Creator Set)

I like Red Beard because he has been around the longest making him experienced. He also doesnt look like hes to rich and faggy like Brick Beard. He doesnt look hobo like iron hook and he has the largest crew of them all so hes like invincible.

I like Captain Brickbeard the most, but only because I wasn't around when the other minifigures were released, and because the prints look much better than the others IMO.

for me,the best is Captain Roger Red Beard :wink: but new Roger is good,too.I like it

Edited by Jarri

None of them must be good with swords, they have all lost an eye, hand and leg, either swordmanship or sailing.

A very good point, I think they are all hobbling disaster zones!

I will go for BrickBeard, just because I have the modern pirates. I have to say when I was a kid the original captain looked very good (and of course the whole line was a revolution in MiniFig design), but I never got any Pirate sets -so I have no nostalgia for them really.

i always loved Captain Roger design because is really cool...i always thought Ironhook is a loser with broken clothes and a small ship that can be defeated easily. Once i saw Brickbeard i thought "is cooler than Roger"

Brickbeard is cooler than Roger because has more expressive and realistic face, has golden hook and golden epaulettes and smart clothes.

Yeah, i voted Brickbeard

Brickbeard looks the coolest. I really like the new pirates line-great minifigures.

Parden a humbel piret for saying this but at quik glanc you chould alnost say thay were all the same guy going throw good times and bad times. But I'll have to go with Redbeard sinc he was mu ferst capten. Pluse I have all three now and thave all shard a tabel. That was an argument and fistfite to remamber. New and old rends getting to know each other. :pir-tongue:

Wouldn't silver or chrome be a more appropriate colour for a hook?

Chrome or sprayed silver (like the Crownie helmets) would rub off or chip too easily for a "friction" piece. Pearl "popsicle" silver (Crownie spear/sword) would be suitable, as the plastic itself is coloured. Personally I prefer the old dark grey hook from Adventurers to the light grey or pearl gold ones, as it looks more menacing. A black hook would be cool.

I like Brick Beard because he is an updated, and in my opinion better, version of Red Beard. Maybe this guy should be added to the poll? http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=pi102

I belive he is the only other minifig to wear the hat and I personally like the torso.

Alright, he's in! :pir-laugh:

I've called him Captain Pete, as it seems to fit in my opinion, but the name's up for dicussion :pir-wink:

Alright, he's in! :pir-laugh:

I've called him Captain Pete, as it seems to fit in my opinion, but the name's up for dicussion :pir-wink:

Works for me!! doubt he'll get any votes though.

Captain Pete FTW! :pir_laugh2: Hehe, just kidding.

Of course it's Brickbeard! He is more detailed, more realistic, and has a more mean pirate smile! Plus the gold hook and epaulets! :thumbup:

Who the heck is Iron Hook? :pir-look: I have never heard of him before, and I can't find a picture of him. :pir-blush:

I voted for Redbeard. I still have my original one from my childhood. I would like Brickbeard more but I'm not fond of the gold hook.

Iron Hook came in the Renegade Runner set.

Works for me :pir-wink:

Captain Roger is the Classic that spawned Brickbeared and looks happyer so I'll have to go with Cpt.Roger. :pir-classic:

Iron Hook is this guy: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=pi022

he was in the second part of the line

Ah. Thanks. But how do we know that's his name?

Pete wasn't the only other pirate to were the hat, theres this guy: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=7450 in Perilous Pitfall

Well, if we include Pete into the poll, I think we should include him too. :pir-wink:

Who's got ideas for a name? :pir-sweet: