Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Help a fellow Lego Fan...

Hey guys... I post sometimes in the Castle+Pirate and a few other topics... but I am definately a regular visitor and reader at this site...

My biggest hobby is music though, and I am in a band called Moments of Brilliance. We currently won a province-wide contest in Manitoba to be on a CD of local bands put out by a popular rock Radio station(Power 97).

Now, Our Lady Peace(A huge band in Canada and US) are playing at the MTS Center(a 15000+ Arena) in Winnipeg, and one of the bands that was on the CD will get to open, but it requires the most votes.

By going to this link, you simply have to click on the VOTE button, and then vote for MOMENTS OF BRILLIANCE. You don't have to listen to anything or sign up for anything its that simple, and it would help us alot... because every vote counts and even if we come in 2nd we may still get to play.

Thnx for even reading this and MANY thnx if you Vote.

http://www.power97.com/station/vote_powerball.aspx

I chanced a listen to a radio station one quiet afternoon, and my ears were sent into a fiesta of orgasmic delight. Moments of Brilliance was the band I heard. I say, we should all help out this fellow Lego fan by voting for his excellent band. So if you enjoy the new-fangled musical selections of todays youth, go to www.power97.com and give Moments of Brilliance a vote!

Sincerely,

The Right Honourable Brigadier General Lord Harworth Pennyfegger XIX of the 328th United Flight Brigade, 4th Duke of Dorchester, Kincardineshire; PhD BSE CRT BA MA RAT CFL - Self-proclaimed King of the Jelly people.

Okie, voted for your band Sting ;)

Good luck on the contest !!!!! Help him out guys !!!!

Btw, where can I hear some of your CD/music ????

Thank you for the help! (Although it has come to our attention that one of the obviously more technically knowledgable bands is using a auto "deletecookies and vote constantly" program or something, which is thus giving them a massive and unfair lead)

We are pretty young and basically have a poppunk/rock sound... http://www.purevolume.com/momentsofbrilliance is where u can go to check out songs!

Again, THANK YOU. means alot

Hey Sting, just downloaded you 3 songs and I have to say its really good :oD

"Promise" and "maybe a dream" are my real favorites !!! Awsome stuff there !!! Let me know if there is more available online ;)

Keep up the great work !!!

I must concur with Wise Master Yoda, they are great (Though I only downloaded the top two, still great) have a Alkaline Trio/Blink 182 feel to it...not quite Pop, though not quite punk...

And I already voted for you ^^

Wow thnx guys.

I think I had the ignorant impression that most of the people here were older... yet I am 18, and my other friend who is utterly obsessed with Lego is also 18...

Im sure there many people my age obsessed with lego...

Thnx again!

:) How come you joined in Febuary but your only just saying hello......

By the way great songs....

It is true, Languages, that I have never officially said hello before. I got the membership a while ago because I always had things to say as I was reading threads, but by the time I was done I just was like "wow, someone already said it".

So i Just read threads for awhile and than I decided I had to start posting my own 2 cents, even if someone had said it. I just had to expand on things, and I just kinda flowed into posting.

This is a great community and I thank you all again for your vote.

Well, you got my vote anyway.. even though the results don't look too good for you at the moment :/

19% - Floor Thirteen

1% - Girl Friday

78% - Lives of Many

2% - Moments of Brilliance

0% - The Perpetrators

I hope it helped anyway! :)

Jon.

well those kind of online votes are just ridiculous anyway, anybody can cheat so easely. The differences between those groups seem to indicate lives of many got a really good proxy :|

You guys are totally right... I think they have some Autoprocess thing running that voted for them for a few days straight...

Most of the bands have an even number of fans, so it would have been a close race.

But like Jipay said, its so easy to cheat so of course one of the bands with the best tech will do it!

I still appreciate the votes though guys!!!