Eilif

What was your first LEGO set?

I cannot remember as children we always had Lego around. Though I do remember a Shell petrol station and police headquarters as being amongst my first real sets. Though for Christmas around 1980 I remember being given two of the classic space moon base sets which saw me buy many more and is still probably my favourite theme.

A photo of me at Christmas 1976 playing with the Lego I got as a present.

20121215223519_04.jpg

Well, that would depend. If you're talking the normal LEGO system, such as a City, Star Wars, or Creator set, that would be 4501, the Mos Eisley Cantina. However, if DUPLO was included, it would be a Bob the Builder set that included the yellow guy and a Bob DUPLO fig.

My earliest recollection says this one, but I probably had others before that.

6882-1.jpg

Edited by Humdrum

Can't remember which was _the_ first but it would have been one of these:

686-1.jpg

649-1.jpg

652-1.jpg

And I still have all the pieces and the instructions.

6748-1.jpg

Something like this one was my first lego set. I can't remember if this was the exact set though. =)

Edited by Khosa

6034-1.jpg

I was my most awesome possesion. Also the first appereance of the glow in the dark ghost

Same here. One of my most prized sets, though more for the knght than for the ghost.

Same here. One of my most prized sets, though more for the knght than for the ghost.

Not only was it an affordable set, it came with a horse, the (exciting) new GITD ghost, a grey bird, a shield and the new armour & helmet! A lot to love as a kid. Except the little hole behind the arch.

The first set I got was 6332 Command Post Central, gave me many hours of joy, and is a little disheartening when I look online and see constant negative reviews about this and other sets I had as a child from this period, and I have been thinking lately about using the green bay windows to make a police station in a similar fashion (though not with white walls, and definitely not black, way too dark). The white panels and the criminal's torso have aged badly, but the other bricks seem in fairly good condition still.

1698.jpg

My memory is a little hazy but I'm pretty sure it was this one -

picture%2054.jpg

I was only about four or five at the time and my older brother had some fairly basic Lego which I played with - but this was the first set I remember being for me. I thought it was the best thing ever. A short while later I got a motor to go with it and then a few other bits and pieces such as a level crossing and extra track. Happy days.

I think my brother still has all the Lego we had as kids - including the Lego town and space stuff I got when I was older. I should try and get it back off him.

Edited by Jules35

I can't remember which one was actual the 1st one, but I got those 3 in short period of time and they was my 1st lego sets:

6017-1.jpg

6502-1.jpg

6940-1.jpg

Got them all till today - with boxes and instructions :)

99% of bricks are mint condition :)

But minifigures...

Space guys are missing :( Knights and race guy are in terrible condition :( but I got plan to restore them (new prints, cleaning, fix broken parts etc.)

6034-1.jpg

I was my most awesome possesion. Also the first appereance of the glow in the dark ghost

Ha, I got this set too :) HAd so much fun with it as a child.

Edited by Kalais

I honestly don't remember for sure, but when I was little I had a ton of those little sets with the one-sheet instructions. I remember having Basil the Bat lord, a scuba diver with a raft, etc. Those are the only ones I specifically remember. For Christmas that year, my Great-Grandma had gotten a ton of those little sets (and a few bigger ones) for really cheap, so she gave them to me for Christmas. Ironically, I was very disappointed that LEGO was all I got.

My sister had a few Dragon Masters sets, but I don't know which ones. I remember I also had some castle thing, but I don't remember what it was.

The first set that I remember getting was... Probably the Raptor Attack from Jurassic Park III. I know I had some before that, but that is the first real set that I specifically remember building.

My memory is terrible, sorry!

My first Lego set was the 135 Universal Building Set that my father got for me while he was in Chicago in 1975. And the majority of those bricks still serve as infrastructure in many of my creations today.

If my sisters sets count, it would be 6402 Sidewalk Cafe, 6410 Cabana beach, and a few of the buckets. The blue one especially

6402-1.jpg

-Ricecracker

WOW! major flashback in my brain , i can't remember which was my first lego set but i definitely had one of those in the beginning !

dscn0723.jpg

Ah, #886.... And, it was one of the first sets I repurchased after my dark ages ended. I'd love to run across a sealed box for an affordable price. Someday, I'll compose a proggy, atmospheric and chromatic jazz tune and call it "Space Buggy". That's another dream of mine.

Edited by notaromantic

I am not sure if this was my first but i got it a couple of weeks before my second birthday, courtesy of my newly born baby sister... Not sure if we still have all the fabuland, but I am about to fight her for our combined lego stash3659-1.jpg

I don't exactly know, if it really was my first set, but it was definitly my first big one -and till today one of my favourite overall sets: It's the 1986 King's Castle (but whre was the king;-)

post-118658-0-72033800-1416177080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fletcher Floyd

I started out with Fabuland, I think 3639 "Paddy Wagon" might have been the first. First proper LEGO set was I think the 6010 Supply Wagon, though the 6080 King's Castle was the first big set.

Edited by Count Bricktooth

Actually the memory of my Lego beginnings is somewhat dim. There seems to be LEGO around for as long as I can remember, it was just there already. We had Duplo and regular Lego alredy as small kids. It must have started with sets like this one:

420-1.jpg

The following two are sets that I can remember as birthday or christmas gifts, and they were for a long time my favourites:

712-1.jpg

314-1.jpg

However, I was more often just building anything with all the bricks we had, not assembling the sets as they were intended.

My other "first set" is the Technic hauler 8264 from 2009. It brought me out of the dark ages.