Eilif

What was your first LEGO set?

I had 590, 709 and 316, all from 1978, but I know I had older sets than those...

712 and 492 were 1977...

254-1, 363-1, 659-1 and 367-1 from 1975...

1974 sets I had were 689-1, 612-2, 690-1, 691-1, 810, 812-1, 813, 658-1, 200-1, 614-1, 125-2, 145-1 and 752-2...

I had Basic Set 1 and Duplo 508 from 1973...

One of those had to be it.

Holy crap I had a lot of sets, but I knew that.

So many of those old sets were carried over for years... It's hard to say which one it was for certain.

...this topic just gave me HUGE deja vu... Like HUGE. I'm practically dizzy... I think I may have been here before and posted in this thread under a different name.

*huh*:oh:*huh*:wacko:

Edited by rollermonkey

I would guess a basic brick bucket however I remember getting a M-Tron set for my 6th birthday.

My earliest memory of having "toys" to play with was Lego. I can remember getting them for Christmas, and I specifically remember opening the Space Cruiser, set 487, and absolutely loving it.

I can remember building the set itself, and I also remember using some of the pieces to make the "Argo" spaceship from the old cartoon "Star Blazers". In fact, I still have that same Argo built, to this day! It sat in my parents basement for a couple decades.

I had several sets before getting my Space sets. I don't remember getting them, but I do remember playing with them, and I still have them. I had Universal Building Set 402, (European Set 911),

the Fire Fighter boat set 316 / 775, and Farm Set 190, and plenty of small sets from the mid 70's. I still have ALL of them.....

Mine was in 1984 the Falcon Castle set 6074...i remember it was something big that time and my mom got it for me..:-).

So happy it is still with me!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

6886_Galactic_Peace_Keeper.jpg

This is the first set I can remember building myself, before that I played with my older sister's sets. I was really excited about the trans red pieces at the time.

I'm not sure what the first Lego set I would have been bought was, but the first which I remember buying with my own (pocket!) money was set 5918: Scorpion Tracker.

5918-1.jpg

Some kind of Lego cruise ship or boat thing. White and blue. Not sure which one. It was when I was like 5. Probably around... 1990ish.

I have no memories outside of receiving it for something (have no idea if it was a birthday or what). I don't remember putting it together or anything. I don't remember what happened to it. I was probably the worst kid with toys and always lost everything (I'd bury them and then forget where I buried them).

Edited by BrickG

6610 Gas Pumps, or Shell Petrol Pump with attendant.

I have a few memories of sets I got for Christmas/Birthdays, or from certain relations, but the memory is not so good.

I'm not really sure what my first lego set was. Since my household had already a lot of lego and me and my sister who was into lego too shared the lot. But I have been told that my sister got this set the same day I was born. So I guess that could account for something

Poolside_paradise.jpg

Wow, what memories.

For the life of me I can't recall which was the very first, but I believe it was one of these three, in the early-to-mid '70s:

612Tippertruck.jpg

75biplane.jpg

420PoliceCar.jpg

I mostly remember the little boxes sets like 420 came in. Tiny things, and displayed much like how Matchbox cars were sold at the 5 & dime stores. Little towers and you pulled one out of the bottom. Yellow sides, angled 'Legoland' banner in the top left... alternate builds on the back... And they were mostly cheap enough to buy with a week's allowance.

And that blue plate wedged into the roof? Now, that's an illegal connection, but it was the only way to do SNOT back then! I bet that many kids today don't even know that a plate edge can be aligned between studs!

Edited by rollermonkey

I had basic brick buckets that I remember before this, but the best earliest memory I have was 6086: Black Knights' Castle (or Dungeon Master's Castle).

6086-1.jpg?0

I got this for Christmas with my two older brothers when I was 3 years old and my brothers were 5 and 6.

There must be more than 1 of this topic, I'm pretty sure I posted somewhere before about my first set.

Interesting to see so many sets from before my time, and also so many from well after!

My first set is one of these two, I don't remember which one came before the other. Started my Lego obsession off right with classic space :thumbup:

6872-1_Box.jpg

6926_Box.jpg

Edited by naf

This set was released 1991 but would have received this in the later years as a kid. Absolutely loved this set especially the ladder and hose.

15519679886_7777d88131_b.jpg

Edited by Danz4

My very first set was 6071 Forestmen's Crossing. I was about 6 or 7 when I received it. It was a great set that I still have though the instructions are falling apart. I had to replace a few of the pieces over the years also.

it wasnt my first lego, but this was the first set my Dad bought me to have personally.

I remember i was 5yrs old. I was in hospital for my birthday and he brought this into the hospital. It sat on the chair next to my bed.

6382box.jpg

Edited by glendo