Eilif

What was your first LEGO set?

420-1.jpg

My oldest set. Still have it. I remember when the first minifigs came out. That's what really got me hooked.

My first set was the 1615 BASIC Building Set. Sorry there's no pictures, but it's just a blue container. For some reason, mine has stickers with pictures of Pikachu (from Pokémon) on the box... :tongue: By the way, here's the link for the pieces in the building set: http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/1615-1

Here's the first three LEGO sets that I acutally got by myself (I got all three at the same time):

3270959540_4d6a3f3bc3.jpg

The picture above is a link to a "review" on Flickr.

6205-1.jpg

7654-1.jpg

EDIT: Found a photo of it on BrickLink:

1615-1.jpg

It was made in 1987, nine years before I was born. :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

It was for my birthday, maybe age 3-5, when I got 3 sets.

this, this, this,

and this.

Some very nice sets that i soon expanded on with sets such as both Jedi Defenses and the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, but those were the first I remember. There was one before, I know, that came in:

- A red suitcase with 3 yellow plates as lids, and it came with:

-bunches of reular bricks

-Two very wierd looking people that were 2x2 bricks that had heads on top

-a couple of red door and window frames, with white doors and windows.

I am going to Bricklink to try to find that set, wish me luck!

EDIT: Got it! first ever lego set, right here! :cry_happy:linkAh, happy days.

jifel

Edited by jifel

Not counting Duplo, or the 8853 from my father, it was this one...

6507-1.jpg

...or this one.

6532-1.jpg

I think it was the first, but I'm not sure.

Too bad these parts...

3640.png3639.png

were worn very early, so I haven't built up 6532 many times.

Glad to see this thread continues to make combacks. You all have posted some great sets, many of which I had or remember wanting :classic: . Great memories, keep them coming!

That's a very interesting topic, Eilif! :thumbup:

When I was a child I from time to time got some little Lego sets as presents when my grandmother visited us. And then when I was around ten years I somtimes bought some Lego sets, too. But two days after getting them at the latest I picked them to pieces in order to build my own MOCs.

So the first set which I bought, still own and which is still absolutely complete was/is 6090 Ninja Fortress :thumbup: .

6093-1.jpg

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The #123 plane is probably my first set; I don't remember it as a set, but I remember I've always had some specific parts such as the red helmet, the figurine, the grey propellor, ...

213-1.1105127485.jpg

In the minifig "Legoland" series, I got the #383 Knight Tournament which remains one of my favourite sets ever:

383-2.1124725337.jpg

... and Santa Claus gave me the #379 bus station in the next or previous year:

379-1.1177126296.jpg

Since I lost most of the specific parts of these sets during my childhood, I bought the #383 in very good condition a couple of years ago. I love it so much, it is colourful and realistic. However I've never considered buying the bus station again, because the vehicle looks too simple even ugly (the rest remains nice).

There was actually a long thread on this at some point, but it's been a while so another one won't hurt.

Mine was this, which I got sometime in 1987 or 1988 at age 1:

6503-1.jpg

I have lost some of the pieces from my original copy but got a second, new one off ebay last year. The printed Shell panels are especially nice and are unique to this set.

...i think this was my first Lego set, if i remember correctly. I almost remember putting it together.

What a nostalgic topic...

I never think about that so I made a few time to remember.

After investigation, it seems to be this one :

340-1.jpg

Release in 1985, and the beginning of a long love story !

My first ever LEGO set was

6245-1.jpg

The Admiral with his cannon in a fancy red boat...

I was 3 at the time, so I guess my mum trusted that I wouldn't actually eat the "cannonballs". She came back home with this lil set one day when I was real sick and my eyes went all shiny... It was the LEGO fever that got me that day.

My second (that, or just of the very first ones I got) set was

6506-1.jpg

I called the minifig Inspector Cruchot (remember Louis de Funes?)... That set is still intact, I've just added a couple of spare blue 1x1 round bricks at the back. I'll never take this one to pieces... I guess you can tell this is still one of my most favourite sets ever.

And Asi's first set we got her was

7418-1.jpg

The Maharadscha Scorpion Palace. A lovely set with some veeery nice parts. She was over the moon when she got her first very own set.

Edited by Asya & Bobby Otters

(Wow this thread is old, sorry about that. Fits the theme though)

6349_brickset.jpg

This set was the property of my older sister I think, but I remember playing with it just as much as/more than she did :tongue:

I'm gonna have to search for this the next time I go home now.

Edited by Fridwulfa

I didn't have any LEGO growing up :thumbdown: , but my best friend had this set :thumbup: plus some other Samsonite sets - coolest friend ever

001-1.jpg

I think this was my first set

6367-1.jpg

...tho I'm pretty sure I had a couple of the Happy Meal polys a year or so before getting this. It was definitely my first minifigure!

535-1.jpg

It was this one. 5th birthday present from my grandmother. It wasn't until a few years later that I went to a friend's house and saw some Aquazone sets and suddenly realized that I would need a lot more than Basic bricks . . . :wink: :wub:

The first set I really remember vividly was #603 Vintage Car.

603-3.jpg

I remember being really taken with the yellow macaroni pieces.

I might have had a police car or fire engine before this (there's a number of sets on BrickSet that I know I had, I just don't remember what order I got them) but this car was really where my Lego hobby began.

Christmas 1974, Set 171

171-1.jpg

Still have the train, but got rid of all my blue tracks 1.5 years ago.

The stickers are still in one piece, but it is missing one yellow headlight brick...

I know I was playing with LEGO belonging to my older siblings at the time, but I am quite sure this was the first set I received for myself.

My mom swore that she had to repair holes in my pants (at the knees) way more often after I got this, because I spent so much time crawling on the floor playing with the train :classic: .

Probably any of those:

Imagen2.png

DSCF1763_zpsc0184376.jpg

Although, my most beloved set was (and it will be) this one, recieved for my birthday:

6374-11180477944.jpg

Sadly, my mom gave my entire city layout away (and it was pretty big) as soon as I lost interest in Lego. I still dream frequently that I find my old Lego somewhere in my parent's house...