Theme: Star Wars

Year: 2003

Pieces: 80 or so

Price: I paid 1,300 yen

Peeron

Bricklink

Brickset

4490-1.jpg

I love the full-size Republic Gunship. So, I wanted to get the mini. I wasn't disappointed, and in some ways, I like it better than the big guy.

The Pieces

img_0188.jpg

The Build

img_0186.jpg

I really like the details, how they get the wings in place. It took about 20 minutes to build. It's a fairly tight build, nothing flimsy about it.

The Finished Product

img_0177.jpg

img_0178.jpg

img_0179.jpg

img_0180.jpg

img_0181.jpg

img_0182.jpg

Overall

Design: 10/10 Mini ships tend to impress me more than a lot of regulars, because they require so much more skill on the part of designers to capture a complicated feel. This ship really gets the feel of its daddy ship. The only critique of it is that the wings are a bit floppy, but that must have been a design choice, to replicate turning or something, since it could have been changed by changing a two block slope to a three block one. Nothing that upsets me though.

Playability: 8/10 The mini ships come in different scales, this being on the big side. If I was 10 years old, I'd have been swooshing it for months on end.

Price: 10/10 I'm sure it was a good price new, and I got it for 1,300 yen, maybe $11 American. For the number of pieces, that's great. It's near in size to some regular scale ships. It's about four times as big as the slave I reviewed .

Average Score: 9/10

I love all my Lego ships, but I was particularly happy getting this one, especially after having built the 2008 Clone Wars version. The ship itself is kind of weird, but grows on you. No regrets, just satisfaction.

Edited by KimT
indexed and poll added

A great mini.

One of the best in my opinion which is why I rated it "outstanding".

The design is close to flawless.

Thanks for reviewing this.

I've added it to the index and added a poll as well.

:thumbup:

I really love how it looks like a Gunship. Nice review. Too bad this came out during my dark ages. :sad: