Ricecracker

Brickworld '09?

Are you going to Brickworld '09?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Brickworld '09 as a fully paid attendee?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Are you going to Brickworld '09 for the public days?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

My main concern is that everyone who has been monitoring Brickworld's website for announcements may not be looking at the other sites. Knowing that there might be a possibility of being on TV, may have persuaded more people to be there on thursday as apposed to coming friday morning/afternoon, missing out on an opportunity they are not aware of. That said I will drop my personal issue with this.

Please reference my post regarding the WGN rumor. They were supposed to be there last year and bailed out at the last minute...luckily we didn't announce it and no rumor leaked. So, nobody was even aware it fell through.

We hope to have final confirmation tomorrow that WGN will actually be there. THEN I will announce it wholesale everywhere.

Just like Kjeld and Jorgen coming to the event, we didn't announce it until it was 100% confirmed.

That all being said, I agree with you 100%. The sooner we can announce things like this, the better it is for everyone. Unfortunately, we have to weigh it against the risk of something falling through and disappointing people.

I hope you understand the dilema. But, since the rumor is hanging out there and people obviously have aingst over our silence, we thought it would best serve everyone to add this information. Stay tuned for a post on WGN tomorrow night.

Best Regards, The Brickworld Team

I was just wondering what the likelihood of something from one of my MOCs being stolen is? Should I be worried? Also, is it OK if I pack up Sunday morning, as I have to leave early, and unfortunately will miss the closing ceremonies :cry_sad: .

I was just wondering what the likelihood of something from one of my MOCs being stolen is? Should I be worried? Also, is it OK if I pack up Sunday morning, as I have to leave early, and unfortunately will miss the closing ceremonies :cry_sad: .

There have been several comments about stealing MOCs made recently. While we can't guarantee anything, to the best of our knowledge only one small MOC and a couple of mini-figs have disappeared in the first two years of the event.

We would prefer that you keep your display up through the upblic hours on Sunday. It takes away from the event when there are empty tables. But, we understand necessity too. So, please use your best judgement regarding when to take down your display.

Too bad you are missing the closing ceremonies. You miss out on some great raffle prize opportunities.

Regards, Bryan

You might want to talk to some of the people around you and see if they brought extra MOC's that they could place on your tables when you leave. Last year there were several people who brought more MOC's than they had room for and would probably jump on the opprtunity to display them even for a short period of time.

Too bad you are missing the closing ceremonies. You miss out on some great raffle prize opportunities.

Regards, Bryan

Very True,

By the end of closing ceremonies last year, it seemed like almost everyone had won something. Even the "small" :wink: prize that I got (50 bucks to Kamehachi sushi) was really nice/delicious. If anyone is debating staying for the closing ceremony, it's definitely worth it.

Very True,

By the end of closing ceremonies last year, it seemed like almost everyone had won something. Even the "small" :wink: prize that I got (50 bucks to Kamehachi sushi) was really nice/delicious. If anyone is debating staying for the closing ceremony, it's definitely worth it.

Gah, now you're making me even more jealous!

Just thought we would let everyone know...we packed the van tonight. Working until 11 am tomorrow morning and then we are off to Chi-Town!!! We'll be getting into town about 5 or 6 pm I imagine. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon. :classic:

-Dave

ToT-LUG

I packed up all the Lego today, and will pack the car tomorrow, to drive up on Wednesday. Can't wait to meet you all.

Hinckley & I are still building stuff and have a sh-tload to go before we're ready :cry_sad: - but that's half the fun, right :laugh: ?! See you there :sweet:!

CopMike

What what and the what? In my display? I'll drop a megablocker. No worries. Can you say two feet of plexiglass and a Swedish Secret Service Agent? (and a novice wrestler with a Napoleon complex :blush: )

Hinckley & I are still building stuff and have a sh-tload to go before we're ready :cry_sad: - but that's half the fun, right :laugh: ?! See you there :sweet:!

CopMike

This is true. Nobody is better to have around in a situation like this than Senor CopMike-O...and also Stash. :wub: thanks guys! Hope our display is great.

Nice to see the motivation from those of you displaying at Brickworld. My kids are excited to be going,we will head down early Saturday for the opening of the public days. I'm sure it will be busy like it was last year but if you see a dad with two boys (7 and 4, blonde and red hair) and Dad seems just as interested as the kids you know it is us.

Ya, like there won't be a huge amount of those there. :tongue:

I'm actually really excited to go this year, our LEGO hobby has taken off and it is because of the builders in the AFOL community and the inspiration they give the kids.

"Dad, I want to build THAT!" :thumbup:

Nice to see the motivation from those of you displaying at Brickworld. My kids are excited to be going,we will head down early Saturday for the opening of the public days. I'm sure it will be busy like it was last year but if you see a dad with two boys (7 and 4, blonde and red hair) and Dad seems just as interested as the kids you know it is us.

Ya, like there won't be a huge amount of those there. :tongue:

I'm actually really excited to go this year, our LEGO hobby has taken off and it is because of the builders in the AFOL community and the inspiration they give the kids.

"Dad, I want to build THAT!" :thumbup:

Be sure to stop by the ToT-LUG layout and say hi! Always nice to meet another Eurobricks member in person. Brickworld is going to be EPIC this year on so many levels. T-minus 3.5 hours until I leave...

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Can you say two feet of plexiglass and a Swedish Secret Service Agent? (and a novice wrestler with a Napoleon complex :blush: )

Actually, no I can't :blush:

This is true. Nobody is better to have around in a situation like this than Senor CopMike-O...and also Stash. :wub: thanks guys! Hope our display is great.

Yes, a Swedish police officer and a Biker; Great combo :laugh: .

I had so much fun at Brickworld 09. I can't wait till Brickworld 10' comes. i am so excited. i have a lego city being worked on. it will take forever to make :tongue: