Ricecracker

Brickworld '09?

Are you going to Brickworld '09?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Brickworld '09 as a fully paid attendee?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Are you going to Brickworld '09 for the public days?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Before filling in the MOC information, I just wanted to check a few things.

1) If the MOC is less than a 48x48 baseplate in any dimension, or shorter than one foot, do we leave the measurements at zero?

2) If I were to make a MOC construction site with a MOC pickup truck on it, would I make a card for both of them?

Thanks!

I'll be there, you can add me to the list.

Re your questions

1) I have a MOC that is 32x32 and a few bricks high at the highest, so I put 32x32 and 0 feet.

2) It's up to you. If you don't care if they are judged separately or together, I'd suggest putting them on the same card because too many cards can get annoying.

-ToF

I'll be there, you can add me to the list.

Re your questions

1) I have a MOC that is 32x32 and a few bricks high at the highest, so I put 32x32 and 0 feet.

2) It's up to you. If you don't care if they are judged separately or together, I'd suggest putting them on the same card because too many cards can get annoying.

-ToF

Thanks, but are the baseplates not 48x48? I thought that's what it said.

Thanks, but are the baseplates not 48x48? I thought that's what it said.

Not exactly sure what you are referring to... If you bring something, it's your MOC so you can put it on whatever type of baseplate you want.

-ToF

Not exactly sure what you are referring to... If you bring something, it's your MOC so you can put it on whatever type of baseplate you want.

-ToF

I know that. What I was trying to say was that it says when you put in your measurements, that 1 baseplate=48x48 studs.

There are three weeks left to register, and six weeks left until the event!

For anyone who is interested, here is a picture of the set that I'm donating to the charity auction:

dsc00375.jpg

Anyone packed up some of their stuff yet? I know I have:

dsc00374.jpg

And that's just some small stuff. I have a lot more stuff to pack! Sorry for the bad pictures, by the way.

Packing already? Brickington lives in boxes, since I don't keep a layout up at home. So in a way, I'm already packed. However I've got a bunch of sections of it set aside for improvement, and they probably won't be finished until the week of Brickworld.

Edited by Eilif

Packing already?

I thought I'd get a head start. I won't be building anymore large or medium sized MOCs for Brickworld, so I thought I'd start packing some of the small stuff (Cars, small dioramas, etc.).

EDIT: I see Eurobricks is also a sponsor now!

Edited by Ricecracker

I put that it is 1x1 baseplates. I also posted on Classic-Castle so the coordinator knows what I have. Also, if possible, talk to the coordinator(s) of any collaboratives you are participating in so they have a list of all the MOCs being brought.

-ToF

Edited by Turaga of Force

There are three weeks left to register, and six weeks left until the event!

For anyone who is interested, here is a picture of the set that I'm donating to the charity auction:

dsc00375.jpg

Anyone packed up some of their stuff yet? I know I have:

dsc00374.jpg

And that's just some small stuff. I have a lot more stuff to pack! Sorry for the bad pictures, by the way.

Well at least that makes one person who is on top of the ball. I'm still working towards finishing and starting some of the creations I plan to bring.

I guess than can be attributed to my procrastination. I'll most likely start packing the Tuesday or Wednesday before the convention. Then I'll have to drive up Thursday. :classic:

I'm still working towards finishing and starting some of the creations I plan to bring.

So do I :blush: .

I'll most likely start packing the Tuesday or Wednesday before the convention. Then I'll have to drive up Thursday. :classic:

I'm on a school trip in Ottawa on Monday and Tuesday, I have to fly home early on Wednesday, and then drive up Wednesday.

hey guys- ill be going with my girlfriend on Saturday most likely as a public attendee- I was just curious about this whole thing with local lego stores?... I believe i read some where here in the comments that they open up and have a number of sets marked down due to damages or something. I saw pictures of a massive line waiting for the store to open. Just wondering if any one knew what day this would be happening?

Sorry if this has been answered before- looking forward to the event

br()wnie

hey guys- ill be going with my girlfriend on Saturday most likely as a public attendee- I was just curious about this whole thing with local lego stores?... I believe i read some where here in the comments that they open up and have a number of sets marked down due to damages or something. I saw pictures of a massive line waiting for the store to open. Just wondering if any one knew what day this would be happening?

br()wnie

The store events are only open to registered attendees.

The store events are only open to registered attendees.

Yup, the discount at LEGO stores during the convention days are also only for registered attendees also. Sorry.

On the bright side, there will be alot of interesting stuff for sale at Brickworld. While there are alot of folks selling stuff at "collector prices", there will be some deals to be had. I know of at least one returning seller that will have an enormous amount of LEGO for sale by the pound. I scored some great stuff from them last year.

br()wnie

The Lego store event is on the Friday night, and is only for registered attendees. If you plan on saving $40 or more, I would actually spend the money on the full admission. Then, you get the goodie bag, access to all vendors, access to the raffles and auction, access to all the events and public displays, and, since you want, access to the Lego store sale.

Thanks alot everyone-ricecracker that is definitely something to consider and something to consider fast. Unfortunately we will only be in Chicago for a couple of days, so I am not sure whether it will be smart for us to throw down the cash...even though I would absolutely love to. In your opinion is the sale at the Lego store worth it... does it become to over crowded? I am just trying to gauge what kind of sets they typically have and do people usually get a fair share>

Thanks a bunch

br()wnie

Edited by browniedjhs

Thanks alot everyone-ricecracker that is definitely something to consider and something to consider fast. Unfortunately we will only be in Chicago for a couple of days, so I am not sure whether it will be smart for us to throw down the cash...even though I would absolutely love to. In your opinion is the sale at the Lego store worth it... does it become to over crowded? I am just trying to gauge what kind of sets they typically have and do people usually get a fair share>

Thanks a bunch

br()wnie

As for the store event, last year I got to the sale line early and scored about 800 bucks worth of half price damaged box stuff for 400 bucks. This year will be different. The word is that they might have a lottery wherby when they call your number you will be able to go in and pick a certain number (probably a couple) of the half off sets. After everyone has had a chance, there will be a free for all for what's left. If you bought one large set half off, you'd probably have your admission price back. Also, there are other deals to be had for paid attendees. Last year Brickarms and Brickforge each included 7-10 dollars of stuff in the paying member goodie bags. Also, this year there is going to be some sort of special value pick-a-brick on one of the non-public days and probably at the store sale as well. Finally, full attendees have a discount all weekend at any of the 3 Chicagoland LEGO stores.

By the way, I live in Chicago, so if you're looking for places to eat, or things to see, shoot me a PM, and I'll help you out.

Edited by Eilif

I heard a rumor that all of the scratch and dent stuff might not be 50% off. I'm waiting on my source still.

I heard a rumor that all of the scratch and dent stuff might not be 50% off. I'm waiting on my source still.

Just so everyone is clear, whatever Stash says about LEGO Retail and TLG in general, trumps anything that comes from me.

It seems registration has been extended by two days, so for all you people who are contemplating going, I think now is really your last chance to register.

ToT-LUG will be there once again with our 12.5'x18' Train/Town/Pirate/Harry Potter/????? layout. As such...mass chaos should ensue. :pir-skull: Be sure to stop by our layout table and say hi to Stacy, HeatherLEGOGirl, and me.

-Dave

Brickworld Checklist:

-------------------------

MOC's - Check!

Money - Check!

Adult Beverages - Check!

Clothing - Optional...

Hey Dave,

Welcome to EB. Glad to hear that you will be at Brickworld again. I'll be looking forward to seeing your updated layout. Hope you get a chance to come by the Building in Lawndale (BILd) table.

Edited by Eilif

Hey Dave,

Welcome to EB. Glad to hear that you will be at Brickworld again. I'll be looking forward to seeing your updated layout. Hope you get a chance to come by the Building in Lawndale (BILd) table.

We will definitely make it a point to stop by the BiLD table! Looking forward to seeing you again and seeing what all you have come up with in the past year.

-Dave

Rumors abound....last I heard, LEGO will be selling some Pick-A-Brick at the event, but it won't be Friday or even Saturday morning. From what I heard, it's going to be Saturday afternoon, at 4:00pm! So not only will the hall still be filled with tons of people, but now in order for us to get a good shot at some PAB, we need to abandon our tables with hundreds of people still walking around in the hall. I guess we trade PAB for stolen minifigs now.

To me, this doesn't make any sense.

Commentary from a Brickworld coordinator would be greatly appreciated on this one, thanks!