Ricecracker

Brickworld '09?

Are you going to Brickworld '09?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Brickworld '09 as a fully paid attendee?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Are you going to Brickworld '09 for the public days?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'll be there this year, when I'm not working at the store. Hopefully, I would like to make some contributions this year, and since I've got 6 months...

Get building now. We're expecting a real contribuition to the layout this year, and we aren't accepting any excuses!

Allow me to gush about my amazing Brickworld experience.

Short version:

Brickworld is awesome! Everyone who can should go! :grin:

.... Words cannot describe the awesomeness that ensued. :sweet:

I didn't register until the last minute, so I wasn't able to reserve a table, but I participated in some of the collaborative displays and was able to find a friendly guy with some extra table space so I could set up my laptop with a DVD of some of my lego animations along with a few small MOCs.

Totally agree, and your experience with the table shows how good natured the event is. I heard of a number of people who weren't able to reserve space, but found another AFOL that was willing to share a table. That's what Brickworld is all about.

I had a question.

I'm hoping to attend Brickworld in 2010, but I was curious how attendees go about bringing their displays if they are from out of town.

I think that most folks either make the drive (some of the bigger clubs have vans or trailers), or just chance it with airplane luggage, or fedex.

One thing worth trying would be to check the list of attendees. http://www.brickworld.us/?m=members

Most of those folks have some kind of online contact in their profile. Find folks who are near you, or might have to pass through your area, and perhaps you can arrange to car pool, or maybe you can slip them a few bucks to transport your displays for you if you plan on flying.

Best of luck.

I might go as a visitor, since I only live about an hour away. Is there a specific date decided yet?

Also, don't let anyone at BW look down at you for your age. I seem to remember that at BW '08, the winining MOC for Mecha Mecha was under 18.

Thanks, that was reassuring. :blush:

I might go as a visitor, since I only live about an hour away. Is there a specific date decided yet?

The public days are Saturday and Sunday - June 20th and 21st.

I'm not sure how I'm going to take my display, so does anyone know if there is anyone around the area that I could mail my LEGO to, and then they could bring it to Brickworld. I'm not totally sure that that is what I'm doing, but I don't want to be stuck without being able to bring anything. Thanks alot.

How much stuff are you thinking of sending? Did you already register and get yourself some table space? I actually live in Schaumburg and work kinda close to where the event is being held. Send me a PM with some info and I will see what I can do to help you out!

Stash to the rescue, that´s the EB spirit :wub:! Just scored a cold one from me there :thumbup:!

CopMike

I don't think I understand what you are asking?

If you do a google search for Brickworld, you will get the main page on the first search, I forget the actual website itself. That site should include all of the info you need. If I think of it, I will send you a scan of the Brickworld info card that is out at the LEGO retail stores right now.

I know the page, but if you go to the tab "Program", there is no information available for any of the dates. I am asking if anyone knows anything about when it will be shown.

I assume you are referring to the seminars and events for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? No, those are not finalized yet. As sson as they are though, they will be up on the website.

LOL!!! I just noticed that in both of our avatars...WE'RE DEAD!!!!!

Edited by stash2sixx

I assume you are referring to the seminars and events for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? No, those are not finalized yet. As sson as they are though, they will be up on the website.

Thanks!

LOL!!! I just noticed that in both of our avatars...WE'RE DEAD!!!!!

Yes, yes we are. Isn't it nice to be dead :wink:

You lucky people living close enough to go this year. I vow to make a larger effort to make the trek from Australia for 2010, better start saving.

Swag On! :classic:

This is great! The list is really starting to grow! Now just gotta figure out a way I can meet all of you.

This is great! The list is really starting to grow! Now just gotta figure out a way I can meet all of you.

This is a good suggestion. As Brickworld grows closer, perhaps we could post what we will be bringing or some other identifying feature for those of us who want to to be findable at brickworld, but don't share personal info online.

For me, just come to the NILTC layout and ask who built the modular seaside section, aka. Brickington Island for you EB'ers who have been following it's progress. They will be happy to point you in my direction. You will also be able to find me at the "Building in Lawndale" (BILd) table.

Hinckley and I *might* have a small collaborative display, and if we do, I'll probably be near him. Oh, and it shouldn't be too hard to find him, considering he's most likely one of the few people to bring Fabuland.

You lucky people living close enough to go this year. I vow to make a larger effort to make the trek from Australia for 2010, better start saving.

Indeed, if I can manage I might even try for 2010. I could be going on a trip to Canada close to the time of the event, so we'll see how things add up closer to the time. If not then, well, definitely 2011. :grin: I feel so lonely and isolated here in little ol' New Zealand... *snivel*

Indeed, if I can manage I might even try for 2010. I could be going on a trip to Canada close to the time of the event, so we'll see how things add up closer to the time. If not then, well, definitely 2011. :grin: I feel so lonely and isolated here in little ol' New Zealand... *snivel*

Yes lets make 2010 the year of the Fellows visiting Brickworld! You, me and Erd and of course Copmike too LOL

We can all stay at Hincks or Stash's :laugh:

Could even collaborate on a Castle build :wink:

Guess pics will have to suffice for this year :cry_sad:

Yes lets make 2010 the year of the Fellows visiting Brickworld! You, me and Erd and of course Copmike too LOL

That would be sweet, although I make no promises. We'll see how the dates work out (and how my wallet is feeling :laugh: ).

We can all stay at Hincks or Stash's :laugh:

I bet Hinck would love that! :tongue: I wonder how large his living room is, we could probably squeeze in at least 10 of us. :devil:

And yes, if I was coming, I would definitely be bringing something of a medieval nature. Group displays ON! :thumbup:

Hinckley and I *might* have a small collaborative display, and if we do, I'll probably be near him. Oh, and it shouldn't be too hard to find him, considering he's most likely one of the few people to bring Fabuland.

True! But I still haven't *talked to CopMike about that yet,* :blush: Although he might catch wind of it now somehow. We've both been busy, but I'm sure we'll address it on Skype soon. :sweet:

Considering I live about 30 minutes from the event, and Hinckley is over an hour and a half away, if you guys do come up.....it's hotel time. Plus, easier to partake in after hour fun and not have to worry about driving home.

But hell yeah, 2010, get up here!

True! But I still haven't *talked to CopMike about that yet,* :blush: Although he might catch wind of it now somehow. We've both been busy, but I'm sure we'll address it on Skype soon. :sweet:

Right. And I still have to get you pictures of my road idea. Do you have any ideas on how to take screenshots on Bricksmith? No? I guess I'll have to actually build one then.