Sign in to follow this  
Duke

Keepside Castle?

indexed.gif

Hello everyone, after an extended absence filled with work I return to you with a new MOC. It is meant to be an evolution from my previous creation, Riverside Castle which is seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=341057

Now whilst it is a smaller creation, I think that the techniques used are better and it's a more thought out MOC. As you can see the front gate is a rebuilt version and the inn shares many features. Anyway, without further ado..

dsc00674.jpg

When i set out at the start I wanted to make use of the diagonal wall.

Below is a close up of the gate.

dsc00678.jpg

Looking over the wall reveals one of my favourite shots.

dsc00681.jpg

Inside a bandit has been arrested, can you spot the two others in the scene (not this picture!) who are trying to rescue him?

dsc00682.jpg

Here's the front of the inn.

dsc00684.jpg

And the back, I actually made both floors removable with smooth tiles and everything, and then completely forgot when I came to take photos. The important thing to remember is that Death is taking a bath whilst a lich plays cards with his skeletal servant. A woman looks on in horror!

dsc00688.jpg

Thanks for looking and check out the GALLERY for some more shots!

Comments and criticism welcome.

Awesome work.

So many details and great solutions.

I really like the coloured windows and the flags across the yard.

Great colourscheme, I don't recall seeing red being used so well in a castle MOC.

:thumbup:

Brilliant! :cry_happy:

I simply love all of the color, especially the nice flag banner. The little market stand and waterfall are also great little touches.

Beautiful MOC! :thumbup:

Brilliant! :cry_happy:

I simply love all of the color, especially the nice flag banner. The little market stand and waterfall are also great little touches.

Beautiful MOC! :thumbup:

I agree with that! It's wonderful!

Thanks for the comments, I can't say this was a very original MOC for me, but more like trying out a number of ideas i'd seen around in other people's creations.

Amazingly well done.

One photo I saw of the water fall looks fantastic. The overall MOC is beautiful as well.

Great work Duke! I love the angled walls and the flags, windows and characters.

Say, anytime you want to make a module for the Comm Castle build, let me know. Shameless recruitment drive over

I'd love to make something for the community build, but sadly i'm away from lego except in holidays. And with the christmas holiday just over it will be 11 weeks before I can do anything! :thumbdown:

Incredible! Such a sweet Moc I've never seen before...

I love especially your idea with the diagonal wall. It is a good solution for more place inside the castle.

The alley is great, too. The different colours of the 1x1 bricks looks like an real old crushed rocks way!

So again well done :thumbup:

Greetings 'Bricks'