Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

MOC: A Snow Globe which could really melts a man's heart...

indexed.gif B-V-8A

Hello everyone,

I will like to take this moment, and thanks my girlfriend, Kim for doing this very special gift back in earlier November 2008, when I was having my semester exams. In order to motivate me to do well in my studies, she took amazing efforts and strength to build this very special snow globe in one night.

Mind you, she is no LEGO builder or collector. She took some of our common collection and builds this, without me knowing it. I was very touched and I thought I could share this happiness of mine, with Eurobricks community, and of course showing my appreciation to her, that her creation is not an ugly piece of work when she claims that it was not nice. In fact, this is her first attempt which simply touched my heart for the amount of efforts which she has put in, to make this MOC possible. I treasure this, one of a kind snow globe which simply makes me feel fortunate, happy and motivated.

Without further ado, these are the images to the amazing piece of work, in my own definition.

8.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

More pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (when moderated)

*Ahem*

I am not used to revive my own topic in this fashion, but someone has instructed me to revive it to seek more constructive feedback from our community. :blush:

Time flies. This MOC has been sitting on my desk for a year. Looking back at this topic certainly bring back some memories.

Okay, Miss Someone, I think you did a great job on this, and I can tell WhiteFang was very pleased to have this from you. The scene itself, IMO, is very nice, not too complicated, but it would make anyone be really thankful for you. I like the use of other craft things like the ribbons. The only feedback I would give you is to perhaps not glue it, or at least not so much. Unless those globs are snow or water. If that's the case, very crafty. :wink:

Okay, Miss Someone, I think you did a great job on this, and I can tell WhiteFang was very pleased to have this from you. The scene itself, IMO, is very nice, not too complicated, but it would make anyone be really thankful for you. I like the use of other craft things like the ribbons.

Thanks JimBee for your kind words. :sweet:

The only feedback I would give you is to perhaps not glue it, or at least not so much. Unless those globs are snow or water. If that's the case, very crafty. :wink:

The main reason why she glued them all together is to make them stay firm when its inverted and create the snow effect around the white bricks at the same time.

Oh, is it Staff Bump Topic day? :devil:Hmmmm....

Now that's out of the way.... err.... sorry? :blush: I must have been busy when you posted this. We look pretty bad now don't we? You post...

I was very touched and I thought I could share this happiness of mine, with Eurobricks community, and of course showing my appreciation to her, that her creation is not an ugly piece of work when she claims that it was not nice.

...and you only get one comment. :cry_sad:

It's really cool! Seriously! I was hoping to make something similar for my wife on our anniversary, but due to moving there was no time. I would have been proud to have something like this to present on the day.

(Where's the globe itself from?)

Oh, is it Staff Bump Topic day? :devil:Hmmmm....

It could be a concidence. :tongue:

Now that's out of the way.... err.... sorry? :blush: I must have been busy when you posted this. We look pretty bad now don't we? You post...

...and you only get one comment. :cry_sad:

Well, I supposed everyone was busy preparing for Christmas which explained the poor response. :cry_sad:

Actually, I was reminded by her to see if anyone likes it, as she has a similar interest to do a small gift counter for couples by doing something similar or different concept recently. So I told her, I did post one inside Eurobricks and she looked at it, and I supposed you already knew the details. :blush:

It's really cool! Seriously! I was hoping to make something similar for my wife on our anniversary, but due to moving there was no time. I would have been proud to have something like this to present on the day.

I hope I can do something as nice as her. This gives me a valid reason to build something nice and meaningful. I am sure you will build something amazing for her. The vig which you have recently put up is also meaningful to the both of you. :sweet:

(Where's the globe itself from?)

I asked her before, and she told me it was from some customised gift shops but now the shop don't seem to sell these anymore.

Happy winter WhiteFang. To me, this beautiful creation is much more than a MOC, but rather signifies a mood, a gift of the heart. I don't think my mere comments does this justice. Rather, a poem may be more fitting.

How cute! What a lovely idea! :wub:

Even if the snowglobes are unavailable, you can use the new Xmas decorations for (admittedly) much smaller scenes:

852744-1.jpg

Two words - SWEET and CUTE !

Its very nice, White Fang, Merry Christmas.

Thanks lightningtiger for your kind words! :sweet:

Happy winter WhiteFang. To me, this beautiful creation is much more than a MOC, but rather signifies a mood, a gift of the heart. I don't think my mere comments does this justice. Rather, a poem may be more fitting.

Brickster, I really really appericate your very kind gesture that you have done with the frontpage. :wub:

I am sure you will know my feelings and what it signifies when I first received it. Thanks for that very lovely poem. :thumbup:

How cute! What a lovely idea! :wub:

Even if the snowglobes are unavailable, you can use the new Xmas decorations for (admittedly) much smaller scenes:

Thanks Svelty! That's a very neat idea to decorate your Christmas tree. :grin:

Omigosh, it's adorable! What an absolutely fantastic idea! Sorry, I have to pause to wipe the tears from my eyes, it's just so beautiful. You're a very lucky man, WhiteFang. You must have aced those exams! Your girlfriend sounds like a true artist, being so harsh to her own creations. I wish I'd thought of it... :cry_happy:

That's absolutely wonderful! ) :classic:

It can be seen that's the globe is made with such great love and care! ) :wub:

You must be very proud and grateful to have such a lovely girlfriend, WhiteFang, aren't you? )

Comments cannot describe that wonderful feelings that one has when looking on things that are made with the heart! ) :classic::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

My guess is that she doesn't want to be your girlfriend any longer. There could be a reason why she has you handing her a big rock. Or am I just reading too much into it?

Whitefang, simple design but yet nice and meaningful esp since it is from someone close.. :thumbup: Thanks for sharing.

That is extremely thoughtful and very nicely done. Let her know she did a wonderful job on the MOC and the relationship part, that's very thoughtfu.

A very nice creation and lovely personal gift. It reminds me of some friends of mine who had Lego atop their wedding cake.

A beautiful treasure! It's very touchingthat your girlfriend would take the time to make you a gift using the LEGO you love so much.

This is indeed something to cherish forever.

Oh wow, that's really cool. Good work frontpaging something I definitely missed the first time around! I think it goes to show what a community we have here at Eurobricks. I really have been amazed over the last few weeks by the community that's evolving here - the Advent Calendar, the amazing posts the other week of the townplan esque houses, the awesome reviews generally on EB. I love coming back and refreshing the homepage to see what exciting stories our community has to tell each day! Good work all, and bring on Dec 3rd.

First of all, on behalf of my beloved and myself, I will like to extend my greatest apperication and thanks to the ones whom has taken their time to comment and view this very small MOC. I have told her to look at this topic, and she is really very pleased and excited to see the responses and feedback from our community. :wub:

Omigosh, it's adorable! What an absolutely fantastic idea! Sorry, I have to pause to wipe the tears from my eyes, it's just so beautiful. You're a very lucky man, WhiteFang. You must have aced those exams! Your girlfriend sounds like a true artist, being so harsh to her own creations. I wish I'd thought of it... :cry_happy:

Awww! Thanks. It was real motivation to push me further during my dire times. It's rather meaningful when you reflect such special past events. She always think her creations or touch up is ugly, while I always encourage her to play around with it, even though she is "not really" into LEGO building.

That's absolutely wonderful! ) :classic:

It can be seen that's the globe is made with such great love and care! ) :wub:

You must be very proud and grateful to have such a lovely girlfriend, WhiteFang, aren't you? )

Comments cannot describe that wonderful feelings that one has when looking on things that are made with the heart! ) :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Penguin! It sure made with great love and care for this snow globe. I fully agreed with you when things are made with the heart, you will view it very differently, or I should said "special". :sweet:

My guess is that she doesn't want to be your girlfriend any longer. There could be a reason why she has you handing her a big rock. Or am I just reading too much into it?

Errr.... I try not to read in too much, or pretending to be dumb, but yes, I supposed you might be right. :blush:

A beautiful treasure! It's very touchingthat your girlfriend would take the time to make you a gift using the LEGO you love so much.

This is indeed something to cherish forever.

With both such beautiful combinations together, words can't describe how you feel. :wink:

Oh wow, that's really cool. Good work frontpaging something I definitely missed the first time around! I think it goes to show what a community we have here at Eurobricks. I really have been amazed over the last few weeks by the community that's evolving here - the Advent Calendar, the amazing posts the other week of the townplan esque houses, the awesome reviews generally on EB. I love coming back and refreshing the homepage to see what exciting stories our community has to tell each day! Good work all, and bring on Dec 3rd.

birdie100, we have amazing and great members that made up, Eurobricks Community, and you are in the right place to get the best out of almost everything from different aspects, and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. :classic:

That is one sweet girlfriend you have WhiteFang :sweet:

What a lovely way to encourage you with your exams!

I really like it, it is impressive she made it in a night! :oh::thumbup:

Very well done to her!

CommanderFox

Wow this is really beautiful! My niece likes snowglobes so I'm trying to figure out how she made it lol. It's so cute! I'm kind of jelous because I'm a single at this time and it's kind of sad for me not to have someone special during the holidays. But I do have a few special friends and family. :cry_happy: I think it's especially meaningful that even though she's not normally into Legos, that she went through the time and effort to make this. That's really heart warming. And it's glued too so you can have it forever over your mantle :D I love it! You are a lucky guy and I wish you both the best! I'm sure that Santa has you both on his super good list!

This is beautiful.

It is precisely presents such as this one that really warm one's heart. Whenever someone takes a heap of materials and turns them into a very special, unique and personalized gifts - that's when you're really lost for words, because you know how much love was breathed into such a creation.

I've had that happen to me so many times, my significant Otter is great at all kinds of handicraft so she always finds new ways to amaze me and fill my days with joy. So yeah, WF mate, I know just what receiving this piece of beauty must have felt like. You, my friend, are blessed, and long may that continue :)

And do tell Kim that her piece of art is so unique that I could definitely see it becoming an instant hit if it were ever made available to the wide public! What a nice way to set the Christmas mood here on EB by the way... thanks ever so much for that, if you hadn't revived this topic, I probably would never have seen this wonderful gift!

Oh, and by the way - if you ever find out which shop sells materials to make custom snow globes, please do let me know! (I hope they'd take international orders :P)

Yes! I remember this topic! A shame I didn't comment back then! :blush:

What a beautiful creation! You 're a lucky guy WhiteFang for having a girlfriend that wanted to show you her feelings combining it with a favorite hobby of yours!

Excellent combination!

How I wish that my soon-to-be fiancee would do something for me with LEGO also... :look:

Well, at least she is a MOFC expert! (My Own Food Creation)

:grin: