Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

Exo-Force Pics

22 you say matt?? well your still young and t uni so enjoy yourself ;)

Ah but I need money for things like bills, food and most important of all Lego.

Just cause you're at Uni, doesn't mean you don't need money.

I like the new Exo-force mecha things a lot, although LEGO city is my favorite line. I think that those mechas will look very good on a shelf or as a gift. They will certainly be fun to build. Oh and a bit off the topic, just read the LEGO City passenger plane review, it was great. Nice Job Bloody Jay. Will you be reviewing some of the other new City lines as well?

LegoBMW

I totally agree with u......... I'm in U too and I need some extra money desperately now cos I lose my sponsorship........... have to give up buying a lot of LEGOs............ :'(

I totally agree with u......... I'm in U too and I need some extra money desperately now cos I lose my sponsorship........... have to give up buying a lot of LEGOs............ :'(

I reckon medical testings the way to go.

Like Barney Gumble in Simpsons.

You could try offering cleaning services. People will sometimes pay up to near 10 pounds for people to do chores for them for only an hour even. Especially if they are old and can't, lazy or have plenty of money to spend. Yard work, gardening, trimming trees/shrubs, raking, shoveling snow, cleaning gutters (if you are not afraid of heights), walking dogs, cleaning up after dogs, house sitting, baby sitting, play music on a street corner, or paint a fence are all ways you can get some spending money without getting a job. They require now long term commitment and you can perform numerous differt things all in an afternoon.

A good job to try for is a golf caddy or newspaper delivery. At least in the US they are easy to come require only a few hours and are usually done in the early morning. Both generally pay well too.

As for the EXO Force I am excited to see a big black hair piece in the gate set. I will be buying this set for sure if it is in there.

I'm 22 and have been out of work for 2 years.

I need a part time job for Uni.

BY THE WAY:

7705 and 7704 at Amazon US!!!

Matt

I feel your pain.

I'm 28, and I've had one heck of a time trying to procure employment. I've been out of Law School for over a year, and have found it impossible to land a proper job. Keep looking (that's all you can do). Of couse, the employment gap on your resume is like cancer to most employers. It can be very depressing.

On that note, I am thankful that these Exo Force sets don't really look that hot. The fact I don't have the money to waste on these guys doesn't bother me in the least. This line really seems like a poor attempt to cash in on the increasing popularity of Japanese animation. It kind of reminds me when a father attempt to be 'hip' to impress his kids, only to make a complete fool of himself. I'm really not keen on this line. The set designs seem uninspired, and the minifigs look hideous (my opinion at least). There may be a few worthwhile pieces here and there, but overall this line is looking quite drab.

Later.

Never fear that period of time of unemployment on your resume, just say something like youve been doing charity work or voluntreey work. That tends to look good and most employeers wont even check.

Of coures i would never put such a think on my resume...... ;)

(...)

On that note, I am thankful that these Exo Force sets don't really look that hot. The fact I don't have the money to waste on these guys doesn't bother me in the least. This line really seems like a poor attempt to cash in on the increasing popularity of Japanese animation. It kind of reminds me when a father attempt to be 'hip' to impress his kids, only to make a complete fool of himself. I'm really not keen on this line. The set designs seem uninspired, and the minifigs look hideous (my opinion at least). There may be a few worthwhile pieces here and there, but overall this line is looking quite drab.

Later.

Ah, finally someone who thinks the same of this line as I do.

Never fear that period of time of unemployment on your resume, just say something like youve been doing charity work or voluntreey work. That tends to look good and most employeers wont even check.

another trick would be to write down you're taking courses to improve computer skills, driver's license,... you just have to show them you're still motivated.

It's btw also extremely frustrating to be one of the last three and not to get the job... ;)

I cannot find the quote, but I remember someone saying earlier in this topic or another one, that for once AFOL will be happy for stickers for once! ;)

I agree, the design of these Mecha's is simple yet effective and I like the look of them. I don't like the apparant moulded figs (look at the robots with the large gun :| ) and unappealing design. A few of the mechas would look good on their own (and without the stickers) but if I bought any of these I would probably just part them out.. thats IF I buy them! ;)

Jon.

JUST got a job today!

Good old J.D.Wetherspoons.

Anyway, my brother says that Amazon has shipped the Exo-Sets.

Box pics ASAP.

Well done matt :) i hope you enjoy your work and if not just remember that the money gained will pay for more great sets :)

I think these will be stickers...else it might be the first time AFOLs will hate Lego for NOT giving us stickers :-D

Here ya go Jon.

Last post as a vassal :-D

Thanks for the pics, I like both sets. I'm quite tempted to buy all of these sets, apart from the two smaller Mechs.

Well, that makes up my mind for me...I'm getting these nuts.GIF

At first I wasn't sure, but those "bad guys" are sweet and the Mechs are pretty nice too. I figure what I'll do is toss those stupid looking and assinine anime figures in the parts bin and stick spare Alpha Team and Dino Attack figures in as Mech pilots...no need to pass up on cool looking robots just because I'm sick of anime and Manga! nuts.GIF

I wonder if there's any more Exo-Force sets coming out in January:

An initial 11 SKUs are rolling out in January for between US$4.99 and US$99.99, with another product wave scheduled to hit retail at the end of the year.

I'm not quite sure what SKU stands for, but if it's talking about sets, then there's 3 more sets we haven't seen, and if it's talking about vehicles, then we've only seen 10 so far. We also haven't seen a $99.99, and the wording makes it sound like it will be coming out in January.

Maybe exclusive sets that are not revealed yet ??? Or maybe coming out later in the year ???

Lets hope we'll have the answer soon !!!