Sign in to follow this  
BlueBard

New City MOC

Well, as there's no more sigfigs propositions for the moment here goes the list:

- Erdbeereis1: I dont' have neither the torso nor the head :sceptic: Instead of that I can propose you the modern version of the cook, as seen on the top of this page :grin:

- Pencoin: The picture is a bit too blurry but I've identified the parts and, excepting the torso, I can do it.

- posades: No problem. :wink:

- AgentRick57: No problem. :wink:

- Skinny Boy: I can only do one of the soldiers or one of the Bargotti's guys, sorry :grin:

- MacK: I only have the head. There's going to be a comic store, so you could be definitely in! :tongue: I could change the torso for an Imperial Scout Trooper one and the cap for a red or white one...

- VBBN: I have all the parts, excepting the torso. Maybe a Vader's one?

- Dennimator: No problem. :wink:

- Darth Legois: No problem. :wink:

- Luxor V: Don't have that torso, sorry. Do you have a decal of it?

- Raven Brickroft: Don't have the head. I'm not a "modern" castle fan, sorry :sceptic:

- Adam: excepting the black hair, there's nothing I can do... :wacko:

Keep proposing sig-figs! :wink: And sorry for the parts I don't have... :grin:

- Skinny Boy: I can only do one of the soldiers or one of the Bargotti's guys, sorry :grin:

Ah, tis no matter. Its really great that you're trying to include other peoples stuff, so anything is appreciated. Good luck with the MOC!

Don't forget about Bricklink. Tons of parts cheap! And you can get it to any countries as well I think.

Don't forget about Bricklink. Tons of parts cheap! And you can get it to any countries as well I think.

Yep, I know but I've already spent a lot of money in BL for finishing this MOC and I cannot spend so much... :sad:

- MacK: I only have the head. There's going to be a comic store, so you could be definitely in! :tongue: I could change the torso for an Imperial Scout Trooper one and the cap for a red or white one...

A scout trooper torso and white cap will be fine :classic: .

As for another street scene why not add two minifigs carrying a large sheet of glass across a sidewalk while a careless skateboarder zooms down the same sidewalk :devil: .

Still your MOC sounds very promising, any chance you're going to post some WIP pics soon?

Well, as there's no more sigfigs propositions for the moment here goes the list:

- VBBN: I have all the parts, excepting the torso. Maybe a Vader's one?

Yes, that would be fine. :thumbup:

A scout trooper torso and white cap will be fine :classic: .
Yes, that would be fine. :thumbup:

Ok, then! :wink:

Now, I'm glad to present to you the first LDD project for this MOC, the new version of the red cafe corner: :tongue:

red_cafe_version2.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments! :wink:

^ Looks nice, I bet its expensive how much $$ did it cost? :oh:

I cannot check it at the TLC web, too many "not allowed" parts... :hmpf:

The new Cafe corner looks really good, but is there a way to prevent the "A" of the Cafe sign from touching the edge like it does? :sceptic:

The new Cafe corner looks really good, but is there a way to prevent the "A" of the Cafe sign from touching the edge like it does? :sceptic:

Thanks! :classic:

About the "A", mmh, maybe building the sign in vertical like the "Hotel" one in the Cafe Corner, but I don't have so many red transparent bricks and, personally, I think that model isn't so bad and, in the vertical style the letters are a bit weird.

Anyway, any proposition would be most welcome! :tongue:

Edited by BlueBard

Thanks! :classic:

About the "A", mmh, maybe building the sign in vertical like the "Hotel" one in the Cafe Corner, but I don't have so many red transparent bricks and, personally, I think that model isn't so bad and, in the vertical style the letters are a bit weird.

Anyway, any proposition would be most welcome! :tongue:

Stickers? Maybe you could try filling in the area between the two sign bracket things with another colour like black, then it could look better?

I'll try that, 3D Brickthing, thanks! :thumbup:

Now, here's the second LDD project, the Comic Store:

ldd_comic_store.jpg

ldd_comic_store_f.jpg

ldd_comic_store_b.jpg

Some of the colours are not the really planned, but I think we all now the LDD's limitations about colours... :tongue:

Comments, criticisms and ideas are welcome. More sigfigs propositions too :wink:

Edited by BlueBard

Even if my comic store LDD project was not very popular, :tongue: I post the new design for the third building: The Yellow house

ldd_yellow_house.jpg

ldd_yellow_house_f.jpg

ldd_yellow_house_b.jpg

A little late I know (but I had exams to study for :wink: ), but these buildings are turning out great so far I love the overall facade of the comic book store, does it have an interior? The Yellow house is nice as well I like the hedge and the technique you used with the grilled 2 by 1 bricks. Keep up the great work :sweet: .

A little late I know (but I had exams to study for :wink: ), but these buildings are turning out great so far I love the overall facade of the comic book store, does it have an interior? The Yellow house is nice as well I like the hedge and the technique you used with the grilled 2 by 1 bricks. Keep up the great work :sweet: .

Thanks! :sweet:

And yes, the Comic Store, as you can see through the glasses, has an interior, even if I'm still thinking on how to put some stairs to the second level in so small place :wacko: Any ideas, somebody?

Thanks! :sweet:

And yes, the Comic Store, as you can see through the glasses, has an interior, even if I'm still thinking on how to put some stairs to the second level in so small place :wacko: Any ideas, somebody?

Replace the garden with another room for the staircase, because although the garden is nice, Comic Stores don't need 'em. :wink:

Replace the garden with another room for the staircase, because although the garden is nice, Comic Stores don't need 'em. :wink:

I've already thought that but I really want to keep the garden, specially because I want to do some kind of common courtyard with the yellow house's one, with a fence in the middle. But I've been looking at BS and I found a design I think I could use for this "minimalist" stairs done by RalphS in his fish and chips shop:

chipshop_09.jpg

Very nice creations.

the architecture of the comicstore is very nice. :thumbup::classic:

I've already thought that but I really want to keep the garden, specially because I want to do some kind of common courtyard with the yellow house's one, with a fence in the middle. But I've been looking at BS and I found a design I think I could use for this "minimalist" stairs done by RalphS in his fish and chips shop:

IMO, the problem with those kind of stairs is that there is no space for the minifig to stand on them facing forwards or backwards. When my stairs are against the wall, I usually make them 3 studs wide without the railing, or 4 studs with one. It takes up more space, put you can have a minifig standing on them. :classic:

IMO, the problem with those kind of stairs is that there is no space for the minifig to stand on them facing forwards or backwards. When my stairs are against the wall, I usually make them 3 studs wide without the railing, or 4 studs with one. It takes up more space, put you can have a minifig standing on them. :classic:

I see, but unfortunately there's going to be no place for large stairs so I suppose they're going to be more decorative than practical. :sceptic: Actually I've tried that model in the LDD design and it fits correctly and looks nice. However, the MFs are not going to complaint... :tongue:

I've also received some bricks I needed for that project this morning so, as soon as I'll finish my exams (in three weeks... :hmpf_bad:) I'll start to build. Until that I'll continue showing to you the LDD models. Hope you'll like them! :wink:

And here goes the fourth LDD project: Al's

ldd_als.jpg

ldd_als_f.jpg

ldd_als_b.jpg

and a detail of the interior kitchen:

ldd_als_kitchen.jpg

The end of the street is approaching! :tongue: LOL

I remember to everybody that proposing sig-figs to be on the MOC is still possible... :wink:

I remember to everybody that proposing sig-figs to be on the MOC is still possible... :wink:

Ah, excellent. Mine is this:

3126253599_29399c9d3f_m.jpg

If you don't have that rare torso, you can just use a Nazi one. My sigfig could appear in the comic store, since it is basically a SW character. Hopefully it will make an appearance, and I look forward to seeing your city street. :sweet:

If you don't have that rare torso, you can just use a Nazi one. My sigfig could appear in the comic store, since it is basically a SW character. Hopefully it will make an appearance, and I look forward to seeing your city street. :sweet:

Ok! It would be two sig-figs in the Comic Store, then! :classic:

And last but not least here it is the last modular part of the MOC: a garage with a bit of a larger avenue

ldd_garage.jpg

And some pics of the final model project too: (sorry fo the large pics :sceptic: )

ldd_final_model_r.jpg

ldd_final_model_f.jpg

ldd_final_model_l.jpg