Sign in to follow this  
BlueBard

New City MOC

Hi, I'm preparing a new large City MOC. That's going to be an enlargement of this one and I would need some ideas for street scenes I could incorporate in. I also could put some sigfig so, if you want to see "yourself" in my streets post a little shot here. :tongue: Thanks for helping! :wink:

Great! I loved the first one! All I can think of now, is 2 Mobsters using an alleyway for its only use, taking out a cop. When I think of anything, I'll tell ya. Good luck!

You could perhaps make a little barbeque party in a backyard. Another idea, maybe a hobo in an alley?

Here's my sig-fig, just add white legs. :classic:

poi_012.jpg

Hope this inspires you! :grin:

Maybe a broken down car with a tow-truck picking it up?

Also here is my (Blurry) picture of my sigfig:

40600005kx9.jpg

Just remove gun! :laugh:

I know this may be a little too gruesome ( :tongue: ), but how about a crime scene investigation. Or you could go with a television reporter with video camera, or a journalist with camera taking pictures of something (crime scene perhaps). And lookie here, I have the perfect photographer (my sigfig!):

lego.jpg

Sorry about the weird colors, I was trying out modes on my camera; the color is dark blue for the torso and legs and black hair.

Thanks everybody for the ideas! :classic:

I know this may be a little too gruesome ( :tongue: ), but how about a crime scene investigation. Or you could go with a television reporter with video camera, or a journalist with camera taking pictures of something (crime scene perhaps).
All I can think of now, is 2 Mobsters using an alleyway for its only use, taking out a cop.

I really like these two, I'll try to build them :wink:

Maybe you could add a comic book/Star Wars convention, my sigfig could easily fit in a convention somewhere:

ammpatv_012_1_1.jpg

You could add a beach or a marina with a dock and some boats. I just really love the ocean and boating and all thing like it.

Thats why I made an Island City.

You could add a beach or a marina with a dock and some boats. I just really love the ocean and boating and all thing like it.

Thats why I made an Island City.

That would be nice but I'm afraid it's going to be a street in the middle of a City, sorry... :grin:

Then that wouldn't work :tongue:

Hmmm, what about an Ice Cream stand on the side of the road.

2863317037_d1802eec00_o.png

His new hat is the pirate hat with skull and crossbones however. ;)

And I think that you could have someone playing music for money on the sidewalk, as that could bring an interesting feeling to your city.

Someone who takes his dog out for a walk. Some children who play on the sidewalks.

A postman who delivers post. 2 guys which deliver a piano at a house.

An alien who ask someone "to take them to their leader"

A car with a flat tire in the middle of the street which causes a traffic infarct.

Edited by Wout

Nice ideas, thank you, people! :thumbup:

Concerning the sig-figs I'm very pleased seeing that there's many people who wants to appear in the MOC! :sweet: I'll promise to put in all the sig-figs I can build (remember that I'm in Spain, no the best country for lego..., so please understand that I cannot have ALL the MF parts :grin:).

Concerning the diorama I'm waiting a delivery from Bricklink for the next week so, as soon as I can, I'll begin to build. I have many of the building designs in LDD and I'll try to post them here during the WIP. Hope you'll like it! :wink:

Mine is easy, Just use the Luke Skywalker head[Flesh or yellow] on a police minifig. :classic:

But there are more complicated one's for my sigfig but since you dont [like me] have every minifig part I just choose my old one. :classic:

Also what[if you can make it] police torso would you use?

I can perfectly do your Skywalker police sigfig, don't worry, :tongue: and I can choose between these two police torsos:

973p1f.jpg973px431.1105047572.jpg

Edited by BlueBard

I can perfectly do your Skywalker police sigfig, don't worry, :tongue: and I can choose between these two police torsos:

973px431.1105047572.jpg

This one thanks, With a white police hat :classic:

Can't wait to see it. :thumbup::classic:

Here is mine (the legs are OK in DarkBlueishGrey too) :wink:

Thanks for the invitation, btw.

LuxorV

It sounds like an interesting MOC (you're listening to input from other members for inspiration), and I'd love to be in it. :sweet:

Me, I have 2 sigfigs at the moment- one can be seen as my avatar, but here is a larger image:

Here's my second one:

adam_001.jpg

I advise that you use the second one (if none of the torsos are possible, I'd be fine on a classic-Town torso).

Wow, it seems this is going to be a sig-fig show! LOL :tongue:

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm going to be able to do all the sigfigs, I'm very sorry... :grin: As the building is going to take me until February at least ( three weeks of exams in the middle... :hmpf: ) what I'm going to do is to post a list of the sigfigs posted here that I can do. Thus, you can see if your actual sigfig could apper or not. Sorry if you're disapponted... :sadnew:

BTW, as Raven Brickroft asks, your sigfig doesn't have to be necessarily Town related so any proposition is welcome :wink:

I don't have a sigfig to offer, but I have some suggestions for scenes. First off, I second the suggestion of an ice cream cart. I have on on my module, and it's gotten some nice comments at shows. Good layouts always have lots of everyday activities going on. The key is to find the things that we take for granted, but rarely think about. Some suggestions for streetside activities to add realism:

1) A sanitation worker climbing out of a manhole

2) A mother pushing a baby carriage (there's a good pic of one in green grocer)

3) a fruit stand

4) a paperboy (Bike, plus indy bag, plus grey 1x2 tile in hand)

5) an opened garage door with a vehicle emerging can add the impression of commerce and add interest to a corner or side of the MOC that otherwise might have little else going on

6) two cars colided at an intersection with drivers leaning out of the windows and looking angry

7) an overturned truck with some sort of spilled product.

8) a minifig on a ladder repairing a sign or on a ladder truck reparing a light pole

9) a homeless guy sitting in an alley by a dumpster.

10) instead of just a postman or a postbox, have a minifig inserting a letter.

11) rooftop sunbathers or folks partying on a rooftop veranda.

That should get you started, best of Luck with the MOC.

Edited by Eilif

The key is to find the things that we take for granted, but rarely think about.

I totally agree :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestions, most part of them were thought but 6 and 11 gave me nice ideas :wink:

Edited by BlueBard