Sign in to follow this  
Captain Blackmoor

Colonial house

thindexedgif.gif Non-military 10b

I'd like to show you guys my latest MOC.

It's a house which is part of my caribbean town, it may need some improvements so it's not really finished.

The two floors and also the roof can be removed. The interior isn't tiled yet but I'm planning to buy some tiles to make it much more realistic.

The furniture can be better but I'm working on it.

Enjoy!

colonial_house001.jpg

This is the front view, I have something with parrots so I couldn't resist to place one on the lantern.

colonial_house004.jpg

A view from birdseye or parrotseye. :pir-blush:

Notice the nice ornaments.

colonial_house003.jpg

Those stairs give access to the first floor. There's a small storage room under the stairs.

colonial_house005.jpg

The interior needs some improvements like tiled floors and furniture. With adding more details the interior is getting cramped.

Thanks for looking!

Comments are ofcourse appreciated!

Sorry for some bad pictures, unfortunately my camera has no macro function in it, so close up views are very blurry.

I'm planning to buy a Logitech camera which makes excellent pictures from nearby.

Quite good^^ I like the aspect of the house, but I think a brown roof will be better ^^ BTW , your parrot with a hand to attach it is cool^^

Edited by Guss

Great bed, love the wooden footboard. I agree with the person above me, maybe change the color of the roof so it won't blend in so much.

Quite good^^ I like the aspect of the house, but I think a brown roof will be better ^^ BTW , your parrot with a hand to attach it is cool^^
Great bed, love the wooden footboard. I agree with the person above me, maybe change the color of the roof so it won't blend in so much.

Thanks for the comments! I haven't that much brown pieces for the roof so I have to order them instead.

Wow! that looks nice. I especialy like the stone parrots and the side staircases. nice touch!

yes, it is nice. A brown or red roof would be nice though. It needs a bit of color, and the roof would make it just right.

yes, it is nice. A brown or red roof would be nice though. It needs a bit of color, and the roof would make it just right.

Thanks! I'm planning to buy brown pieces because red isn't that nice on a grey building.

I'm building more buildings right now and I hope you will like them as well. :pir-blush:

I really like the way you've made the edges of the beds duvet curve down, and i like the stairs to the doorway :pir-classic:

So far, your MOC is great. I suggest that you put some tiles down on the ground and on the steps to make your MOC look even better. Also I suggest that you include some minifigs in there as well.

So far, your MOC is great. I suggest that you put some tiles down on the ground and on the steps to make your MOC look even better. Also I suggest that you include some minifigs in there as well.

I have to wait before my Bricklink order arrives with the brown tiles for the roof. The staircase can be tiled and I shall make work of it. The minifigs should be no problem.

Thanks for the comments!

Some of you guys told me I should tile the floors and make the roof in another colour. And so I did.

I've also improved the interior with some accessoires.

Hope you like it lads!

home001.jpg

home005.jpg

house002.jpg

house004.jpg

house005.jpg

As you see there are no minifigs in it yet, because I want nice minifigs and I haven't that much nice torso's for villagers.

Most of the pictures are blurry but that's because I took these pics when it was dark. I'm a busy person and I haven't that much spare time, so I have to make pics in the evenings. :pir-sceptic:

More on Brickshelf.