Sign in to follow this  
Guss

MOC "L'indomptable"

Do you like it ?   

51 members have voted

1. 1. rate it^^

• it's a really bad moc!
    • you can do really better than this .. thing.
    • not so good, but not so bad
    • really nice
    • I loved it! woot!

thindexedgif.gif 74c

Hello everyone and Happy new year !

here I am to present you my first ship with hulls pieces, "L'indomptable" ( the Untameable )

I wanted to make better sails and masts, but as I received a new ship ( the Drakkar , found at 30�

Very nice work!

I like the color scheme, though very similar to the ol' brickbeard's bounty, the gangways, and the use of a working rudder. It also looks like you have some nicely done custom figures for your ship! It is always good to have unique characters for your crew.

Also nice, the way you have attached the bottom of the lower sails, the lanterns and the swivel guns on the upper deck.

The Captain seems a little cramped in his cabin, but I guess that is the price you pay for being a pirate and needing a small, fast vessel! (small in comparison to say a ship of the line that is!)

Viva L'indomptable!

900th post on this, the first day of January 2009! coincidence?

Edited by ZCerberus

Looks amazing Guss! I wouldn't want to run into your ship when I'm sailing on the high sea's :thumbup: !

I love how you've done the cabin (although it does seem crowded in there, maybe another hull piece would have been better (but I suppose you ran out of them or didn't want to do that).

I watched the entire gallery... :pir-classic: .

EDITED , I added some pics of the interior^^

thanks Zcerberus

though very similar to the ol' brickbeard's bounty

It's surely because I used a lot of part from it^^ because it's the only ship I had when I build it , now I just have a drakkar and I'm planning to make a big brown/white/yellow ship.

the swivel guns are attached the same way than in the BB bounty .. if I remember well^^

900th post on this, the first day of January 2009! coincidence?

it was destiny :P

thanks a lot Zorro3999 , I sadly didn't have another hull piece when I built it^^ I bought the drakkar you see in the gallery after I finished it^^ I just took the pictures of the both boats today^^

It's truely a magnifiscient ship! The first ship MOC in 2009, isn't that to be proud of? :pir_laugh2:

I love the cabin, overloaded with details and a wonderful coloursheme. Everything is just splendid! :thumbup:

Like you mentioned yourself: the anchor doesn't really fit with this ship. But that's the only flaw I can find.

I had my 200th post on 1 Januari. :pir-laugh:

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Of course, my favourite detail is the awesome firepower this vessel packs. This can hold its own against a destroyer!

Very good work on this Guss!

I like the fact that it looks similar to Brickbeard's Bounty, but has so many more details and design elements. The addition of a great interior makes this ship fantastic in my opinion.

Great work!

This is great! I really think the original brickbeards bounty was extremely wimpy. This is a huge improvement. I like the sides of the ship and the back of the cabin has great detail. I also really like the interior and functioning rudder.

Now for some improvements.I think the sides of the cabin are a bit underdetailed compared to the back. I also think that the front of the ship where the figurehead would be needs some improvement. But other than those small details this is a really good ship.

Paul cantu : thanks a lot, you're quite right about the side of the cabin, I was thinking the same looking at the pictures^^ it didn't "shock" me while I was building it, but now that's right that it seems to lack some details, the figurehead was a personal choice^^ I know that not everyone will like it^^ ( because I built, some times ago , a little ship called the " Sabre des mers" ( sabres of the seas ) , I wanted to try to put a big sword as figurehead^^ next time it'll surely be a dragon's head or something like this.

Erdbeereis1 : thanks a lot dude! All the ship I'll build will be with interior, because It's what make a ship moc amazing ^^ IMO

mandziarat :thanks for your feedback^^ yeah you're right but I liked the Brickbeards bounty, and as it's the only ship I had, I started to build another ship with it pieces, next time the colours scheme will be very different, as the sails and everything, it'll be really "gussed" ! :pir_laugh2:

Mott : Yeah I wanted to make it heavily armed for it size^^ and it turned well I think ! thanks ^^

Cap'n Blackmoor yay that's the new year ship ! ^^ thanks a lot for your kind words^^ yes I should have make a Brickbuild anchor :/ and for the colourscheme , it's just the same than the Brickbeard bounty^^

That's a great ship. I didn't know that the hull of brickbeard's bounty could hold 10 cannon! Cool. I like the moving rudder, too. Before I thought your "ship" was simply that rowboat! Glad I was proved wrong!

Edited by Admiral M

This is a good start on a ship, i especially like all the working features and the interior you have made! :thumbup:

I would take out the brown log bricks and replace them by normal bricks, it would also look nice if the strip along the side would be in the same color as the cabin i think.

The front castle is a bit high, making it look a bit like a cog ship, but that's not nessecarely a bad thing.

Looking forward to see the other ship you're talking about, keep it up!

Admiral M: WHAT, isn't my rowboat SPLENDID ? :pir-tongue: thanks a lot for your comment^^ yes I was surprised to that it can contain 10 canons !

Captain green hair :thanks a lot^^ mhhh you're surely right about the Brown log bricks, as for the strips, now that you say it... you're totally right! the other ship I'm talking about will be 5 hull section long and It surely have 3 masts and WAYYYYY better sails! (hand made , without this ugly skull) . But it'll take me some times to makes it I think, but Be sure it'll kick your Prins Willim megablocks! :P BTW , did you build some thing on this future beauty ? ^^

Guss a nice first effort.

Rubber band steering! OK, did you look at using other technic parts? So that you could attach the rubber band on the other side of the ship's wheel mount? maybe on a small drum part?

I didn't see a good picture of your rudder itself.

The mizzen mast rigging, well I am not a fan of "not out to the sides" rigging, I don't think it looks "real".

How are you attaching the two inverted sloped "panels" on the stern?

Just some friendly feedback!

kurt

thanks a lot Thee Pirate , show us your creation !!!

RTN LNA (Lego Naval Architect) :

So that you could attach the rubber band on the other side of the ship's wheel mount?

sadly the wheel can't be used with technic parts ( I think) because it s this piece :

4790.jpg the technic pin is a part of the piece :/ how can I make a bar going through ? do you have an Idea ? ( without modifying the piece, I don't like piece mod )

The mizzen mast rigging, well I am not a fan of "not out to the sides" rigging, I don't think it looks "real".

yeah me too, but I forgot to keep a way to attach it to the side while building it, and didn't want to build it again, as I m going to build a better ship, who will have "side rigging" because I prefer it too^^

How are you attaching the two inverted sloped "panels" on the stern?

do you mean the pannels with the 3 darkgrey circle piece on it (3 for each panel ) ? they're attached with this piece :

44728.png Hope it helped^^

or do you mean the entire panel ? I'll take a pic of it , this part is still "complete" ^^

EDIT pics:

p9133466.jpg

is that what you wanted to see ?

I didn't see a good picture of your rudder itself.

Yeah that was a hard thing to photography , sorry :/ plus the boat is destroyed now ( to allow me the contruction of the new boat) so I can't take one anymore :/ Sorry again^^

anyway on my next boat I'll make a working Rudder too , improved ^^ I'll try to take good pics of the mechanism!

thanks for your kind words anyway^^ I'll keep your suggestion for the rigging for my next ship! I'll try to do it better!

BTW : sorry for my lates answer, I don't find time to post :/

Edited by Guss

I like the cabin and the inside, the deck and his details,...

Only the front of the ship is not my dada... said with respect

I would add a figure, animal, ect... but overall great job Guss !!!

Edited by Capt. Kirk

RTN LNA (Lego Naval Architect) :

sadly the wheel can't be used with technic parts ( I think) because it s this piece :

4790.jpg the technic pin is a part of the piece :/ how can I make a bar going through ? do you have an Idea ? ( without modifying the piece, I don't like piece mod )

Did you see my working steering on the RTS Zavala?

I faced this little problem of 4790, there as well!

I don't modify pieces! (OK I have put electrical tape on them!)

Here's a way for you to do it, in your "rubber ban" steering:

12312627191_DISPLAY.jpg

Note: how the first thin technic part (I used the triangle, you could use others) goes on first.

Then the wheel center (42610 in this case) goes on, the ridge at the end of the 4790's pin makes a GOOD friction contact with the hole in the wheel center.

do you mean the pannels with the 3 darkgrey circle piece on it (3 for each panel ) ? they're attached with this piece :

44728.png Hope it helped^^

No

or do you mean the entire panel ? I'll take a pic of it , this part is still "complete" ^^

EDIT pics:

p9133466.jpg

is that what you wanted to see ?

Yes, I think you need a better/"more secure" way of attaching the base of inverted sloping panel.

Yeah that was a hard thing to photography , sorry :/ plus the boat is destroyed now ( to allow me the contruction of the new boat) so I can't take one anymore :/ Sorry again^^

anyway on my next boat I'll make a working Rudder too , improved ^^ I'll try to take good pics of the mechanism!

thanks for your kind words anyway^^ I'll keep your suggestion for the rigging for my next ship! I'll try to do it better!

BTW : sorry for my lates answer, I don't find time to post :/

Gus, I am sure you will!!

kurt

Edited by RTN LNA (Lego Naval Architect)

thanks lego maniac ^^

RTN LNA (Lego Naval Architect)

I saw you amazing ship but didn't notice you did the steering this way, if the friction is good enough to make it turn, as you said so, I think it's an excellent Idea and I'm going to test it ! and surely use it ^^ thanks a lot!

for the rear panels, once the roof put, it was quite solid, I even tried to hit it, it stayed in place quite well (of course it broke, but ... way later than I supposed) ! I don't really think it needs something more "secure" . The only "weak" part is when I tried to push it from the inside of the cabin, then It falled quite easily, but not easily enough to be falling everytime I moved it .

anyway, thanks for the steering I'm going to test it right now^^

RTN LNA (Lego Naval Architect)

I saw you amazing ship but didn't notice you did the steering this way, if the friction is good enough to make it turn, as you said so, I think it's an excellent Idea and I'm going to test it ! and surely use it ^^ thanks a lot!

for the rear panels, once the roof put, it was quite solid, I even tried to hit it, it stayed in place quite well (of course it broke, but ... way later than I supposed) ! I don't really think it needs something more "secure" . The only "weak" part is when I tried to push it from the inside of the cabin, then It falled quite easily, but not easily enough to be falling everytime I moved it .

anyway, thanks for the steering I'm going to test it right now^^

I "worked" the steering in "video 1" if you want to see it.

Try 2429c01.gif at each end in vertical lower part, before you hinge out for the inverted slope. This will make it much more solid.

enjoy

kurt

nice ship.

i like the detail you make like the captain cabin.

longer ship would be nice IMHO.

Thanks djo, sadly I didn't have more Hull pieces when I built it, I bought the Drakkar later, but now I'm building something bigger, but I can't really find the time to :/ ( as to post there , I post way less than before :'( )

RTN LNA: thanks I'll try, even If I miss some of those articulated parts :/

Woah, MOC request? Never had one of those before :-D

I'm trying to fall asleep right now (it's 5:39 am) but EB is apparently not a great place to try to do that :pir_laugh2: I will take pictures before Saturday. My week has been exhausting as hell.

and on the steering note, why not check out how it was done on the SES and the Imperial Flagship. I think the Imperial Flagship is the most underrated ship in the Pirates line, and it's steering was almost as ingenious as the SES way of doing things... given the single... uhm... port? built into the new hulls (as opposed to the way it was done on the SES) the Imperial Flagship probably would be the easiest to fashion it after.

Great ship i love it, i love the mechanic system on it; im engineer and i love to see these kinds of things in a piece of art like this one you made thanks for sharing it with us :pir-classic: cheers !