Mike Yates

Mega Bloks

today i was rumaging through my lego boxes from 5 years ago ( i number mine so if theres any broken sets i can remake them with the manuals i noo GEEKISH) But i stumbled across some Mega blocks Guns there quite decent, ftfuwj.jpg i got this from a website but theres what i found , the have a round bit at the back so if youve got like, the part that goes around the neck with a stud in you can attach them to that pretty useful and if you make an armoury you can stick them to a board and attack that to a wall or something , well, i know ill be useing them as im makeing a torchwood base / LEGO Agents agents base so ill be useing them for that , sorry for makeing you read all this

I have to agree with my Captain, most of us wouldn't even want to touch a Megablock...actually we use the word to replace "bad words" here... :laugh:

This is not an Other LEGO Theme, so it belongs in the toilet the Community Forum.

Get this crap out of my face.

Lol the toilet, its a decent place, but i think it would float even wen flushed

mind range got discontinued so im going to sell it all on ebay i probably will only get about 50p for the guns and about 1 pound for the jeep and laptop but well, its something

Edited by Mike Yates

Yup, I own some, I've used some and have recently kept myself amused by buying even cheaper building bricks. :P

Lol the toilet, its a decent place, but i think it would float even wen flushed

mind range got discontinued so im going to sell it all on ebay i probably will only get about 50p for the guns and about 1 pound for the jeep and laptop but well, its something

Good point. :laugh:

Yup, I own some, I've used some and have recently kept myself amused by buying even cheaper building bricks. :P

That's not amusing, that's evil. :devil:

:tongue:

I HATE THEM :sick:

I really hate it when i buy secound hand lego and it has those... things instead of lego. About once a month i have a special cerimony (sp?) where i burn them :devil:

Great fun :tongue:

Does anyone other than me rhyme "Mega Bloks" with "spokes"? I do a similar thing with other words that normally have CK and the C was left out, like Nintendo's "Game Paks". To me, the C is what makes the O or A short.

I have some, mostly in weird colours (a lot in Army green from a tank my dad got me). I usually don't use them, but I have an area called "Ogelon" for non-Lego parts. The name is from "No Lego" backwards.

Awww, who can resist Pound Land Lego fakes?! Its like passing up on a box of really bad gundam ripoffs and a robot called The Changing Robot (in an exact fit to the Transformers Logo...) or those Riot Police building sets (To Prevent any Terror Event and Violence) with the red hats and all the guns (for 98 pence!!) Then there is the fact that when Lego did skate boards and Mega BLoks did skate boards, the Lego wis impossible to find and cost many many pounds and the Mega Bloks were in Tesco for a fraction of the price and I really wanted skate boards for my minifigs (and I still use them! the ramps make very good roofs on rustic desert punk huts, and the girders are all silvery and cool)

Defiant continuation of Using non-Lego construction bricks!!!!

(Evil is Amusing)

*sigh* Here we go again with eurobricks' trademark brand loyalty. Seriously, I've never understood why so many members here bash megabloks and other clone brands for the sole reason that it ISN'T LEGO. I mean, come on - that's like bashing Sony and Microsoft for making systems just because Nintendo was there first!

In all honesty, I feel that if a product is not illegally ripping off another company (like Shifty did to many of TLC's sets), then you should judge them solely on their quality. And no, that doesn't mean that you should go "hey, most people say they're crap, so they must be poor quality and I shouldn't even touch them." If you really want to back your comments up (positive or negative), you need to actually experiment with the pieces, like I have.

And actually, Megabloks isn't as bad as some of you guys make it out to be. Sure, the quality is definitely lower than lego, but it's improved vastly from their early days. Plus, Megabloks does have some very interesting pieces - the walls used in the Dragons line have a great texture and design, for example. And concerning acessories, I think they've really done an execellent job. Their fantasy themed lines have some very cool handweapons, and those guns that were posted above look nice too. Plus, Megabloks actually had the guts to produce a military themed line, which TLC will probably never do.

Of course, my opinion about them is rapidly changing, as they seem to now be focusing less on their stud based play line and focusing more on novelty toys like Magnetix, Struxx, and Neo Shifters, which IMO is just an obvious cash in on Bionicle's success. Still, I honestly feel that anybody who doesn't at least try out Megabloks toys has no right to bash them.

*prepares to get bashed himself*

Edited by Grevious

I'll admit to owning Mega-Craps before, but that's because Mom's can't tell the difference.

same here, and I still Have them. ABOUT 3000 TO 4000 PIECES!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Oh, and Genaral armendariz, you think m***-b**** are clones, Check out this topic on BZPower-http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=269743

And actually, Megabloks isn't as bad as some of you guys make it out to be. Sure, the quality is definitely lower than lego, but it's improved vastly from their early days. Plus, Megabloks does have some very interesting pieces - the walls used in the Dragons line have a great texture and design, for example. And concerning acessories, I think they've really done an execellent job. Their fantasy themed lines have some very cool handweapons, and those guns that were posted above look nice too. Plus, Megabloks actually had the guts to produce a military themed line, which TLC will probably never do.

Of course, my opinion about them is rapidly changing, as they seem to now be focusing less on their stud based play line and focusing more on novelty toys like Magnetix, Struxx, and Neo Shifters, which IMO is just an obvious cash in on Bionicle's success. Still, I honestly feel that anybody who doesn't at least try out Megabloks toys has no right to bash them.

Honestly I don't like them that much because they have stolen some of Lego's profits, by stealing their building block design...

But I've also tried them a few years ago I bought many Megabloks Dragon themed sets, since it was either them or Knights Kingdom :sick: . For the most part the part quality wasn't that bad, but I still had a fair share of faulty pieces that didn't fit properly, or broke easily. For example in one particular fraction of knights, the arms and legs always broke often right out of the box, but all the other fractions had no widespread problems. Overall set designs were okay but many sets relied heavily on <insert that tiresome argument> wall and floor pieces, and . Minifig wise for the most part I think that Megablocks may have tied or even out did Lego, since sets included many more minifigs on average than Lego, plenty of accessories, and fairly nice details on the minifigs. They also made nice battlepacks for most themes, which is never a bad thing :wink: . Also since the prices were lower, you could buy more, to replace faulty pieces.

After Revenge of the Sith came out I returned to Lego, and eventually got rid of my Megabloks. Currently I'm only buying Lego because they are now producing better sets, and themes, as well as adding more minifigs and accessories to themes for the most part.

*Scurries into bunker for oncoming bashing*

Honestly I don't like them that much because they have stolen some of Lego's profits, by stealing their building block design...

But I've also tried them a few years ago I bought many Megabloks Dragon themed sets, since it was either them or Knights Kingdom default_sick.gif . For the most part the part quality wasn't that bad, but I still had a fair share of faulty pieces that didn't fit properly, or broke easily. For example in one particular fraction of knights, the arms and legs always broke often right out of the box, but all the other fractions had no widespread problems. Overall set designs were okay but many sets relied heavily on <insert that tiresome argument> wall and floor pieces,

yes mega blocks is a lot poorer quality i remember using superglue to keep it all together before, my cousins did that with the dragon sets, but you must admit those weapons are useful , alot more deatail and

IT ISNT CLONED FROM LEGO

ok Lego Patented the design they never copyrighted it so technicly it is not stolen, its not borrowed, and mega bloks have the permission and like the guy with two paragraphs on the last page said, if you aint tried em dont bash em

yes mega blocks is a lot poorer quality i remember using superglue to keep it all together before, my cousins did that with the dragon sets, but you must admit those weapons are useful , alot more deatail and

IT ISNT CLONED FROM LEGO

ok Lego Patented the design they never copyrighted it so technicly it is not stolen, its not borrowed, and mega bloks have the permission and like the :wink: guy with two paragraphs on the last page said, if you aint tried em dont bash em

So if you left an essay on a table before handing it in, then I took it and handed it in to the teacher. That wouldn't be stealing? Also I have tried them I thought I clearly mentioned that in my last post :wink: .

i know you did im talking company wise as long as a company doesnt copyright there design anypone can use it there are many diffrent forms of the original lego brick

Mega Blocks , a japanese company wich i cannt translate (sorry) , bestlock and many more

C3 also make bricks in the same functional design that TLC does, they are fantastic quality and quite frankly, their small (and no longer held liscence) Batman sets were better than some of the things TLC did, I bought a set and apart from the wacky cubrick like figures it was brilliant, high quality plastic, all the parts fitted together fine and the bricks had printing instead of super fiddly stickers. Also, TLC lost their copyright case recently I did link it in a previouse topic. Here is the link to the story.

I mainly buy LEGO, however I'm also quite happy to buy non-LEGO construction bricks (that are certainly not rip-offs) as both filler and because I like the set.

Ok so the stuff I bought in Poundland was pirated LEGO and fitted together poorly so I'm not buying any more. The only reason I don't buy megablocks is because I do not like the figures, either they are crash dummy look-alikes or they are super detailed flimsy miniature action figures.

Ho Hum (Stands proudly, not caring about bashing in the slightest)

Awww, who can resist Pound Land Lego fakes?! Its like passing up on a box of really bad gundam ripoffs and a robot called The Changing Robot (in an exact fit to the Transformers Logo...) or those Riot Police building sets (To Prevent any Terror Event and Violence) with the red hats and all the guns (for 98 pence!!)

You do know pence was the type of money used in medevil times that were acctually worth allot! Most peasants lived off 33 pence a year! :look: Or did you know that and you were just being silly-goose! :grin:

I hate Mega Bloks (I did have some sets, so I can say I hate them!)!

Another 'clone brand' though (I can't rember the name) I like though. They did Batman (And alot more DC) much better then TLC did.

You do know pence was the type of money used in medevil times that were acctually worth allot! Most peasants lived off 33 pence a year! :look: Or did you know that and you were just being silly-goose! :grin:

100 pence make £1, so 98p would be arounnd 70 cents (my maths isn't so good and the £-$ exchange keeps changing, but you get the gist) so 98 pence for an ok-ish quality construction toy is rather good =D

I hate Mega Bloks (I did have some sets, so I can say I hate them!)!

Another 'clone brand' though (I can't rember the name) I like though. They did Batman (And alot more DC) much better then TLC did.

It was called C3 (I have some at home. the flying thing, with Catwoman and a purple Batman)