Derek

Beatiful Republic Shuttle MOC

I was just browsing Brickshelf and was blown away by this Republic Shuttle MOC. It seems to be Minifig scale. *LINK* NOTE: This isn't mine, I just thought I'd share it with everyone.

1.jpg

7.jpg

-darthperson

Very nice! :cry_happy: The white looks much, much better than the grey. I think, even without this beautiful design, TLG's RAS would have looked a lot better in white.

Thats incredible. I would have preferred if TLC had released this as a larger-scale set such as this rather than the scaled-down one we got.

Yeah I saw it, and yeah, it's amazing! Props to the guy who did it. It's definitely minifig scale, but I still like the one Lego did. If they show a pic of the interior, I'll then be impressed.

Awesome find and MOC darthperson :thumbup: . Well it almost looks minifig scale but it seems like the cockpit is a little bit too big and the engines a little bit too small :classic: (And yeah I saw the comparision pic and it looks the same like jow I am describing it :tongue: ). Also I am happy with the TLC version of this ship. Sure the color looks somewhat wrong but it still looks great. Also I prefer by far that the TLC release this ship in this size cause I think it makes a better medium set than a $150 one :thumbup: .

A really nice MOC there. I reckon Caleb has got a sweet-spot for the Republic Attack Shuttle before building it this it this size! In 7 days too... must have been at it night and day :laugh:

Asides from a couple of scale issues [engines could be a wee bit bigger as darkrebellion mentioned] it's a very impressive model - it takes some skill to build a ship like that from scratch. Good job!

I think after all the comments concerning the official RAS's colour scheme, someone should mod it swapping out the light bley for white and get it posted here a.s.a.p... I'd be intrigued to see the comparison!

Also I prefer by far that the TLC release this ship in this size cause I think it makes a better medium set than a $150 one :thumbup: .

agreed. TLG had to balance cost and design and though what finally came out was not perfect, it was far more affordable than if it were MF-scale.