Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Advent Calendar Pic review

Guys,

I just bought the City Advent Calendar and I have to say its far better than I expected :oD !!!

Here is a small previews pics based on the city themes !!!!!

Hope you like them and feel free to ask for more pics !!! yeayyyy

First is the construction theme !!! Its a worker with great elements for him to work !!!

img_0794.jpg

img_0795.jpg

Then lets move to the italien cook with a small bar and a pizza oven :oD

img_0796.jpg

img_0797.jpg

Onto our dear Santa (too bad he has bley pants and not red) with his real crappy sled with one dog !!!

img_0810.jpg

img_0811.jpg

Shame on me for triple posting !!! looooool

Now the mechanic dude

img_0802.jpg

img_0803.jpg

Now the crappy train barrier

img_0808.jpg

img_0809.jpg

Now the kiddo with his skate and helmet, his remote control car

img_0804.jpg

A town needs his thief !!!!

img_0805.jpg

Enjoy !!!

Looks great Yoda! I really like the construction gear and the kids remote controlled car is great too!

I may have to pick up a few of these! ;) Definately after chirstmas in the sales anyway! :P

Jon.

that's pretty nice! i remember us staring at the back side of the box, hoping to see what was really in it... i may have to pick one up before years end...

Hey cool! Half of me didn't want to look (so it'd be a surprise), but at least now I know what I'll get for my money. Are those all the mini-sets?

Yes Toa Tilius, however there are some spare parts that are interesting such as two wheels (for the red cart), another skate helmet...

Ah well. Thanks for the pictures. I may get it just for that amazing Chef! :oD

Wow, graet set. I like the cop, the railroad crossing man, and the construction worker. Very nice set. Yoda, do you think it was worth the money? I think I will pick it up if i see it. Is it only avalible on the internet and in Lego brand store? Oh, and what color is the 2nd skateboarding helmet?

Thanks,

LegoBmw

Thanks for the responce Yoda. I'll buy it when it comes out in stores, I live in the United States. Thanks for the review, great pics,

LegoBmw

I have 4 requests if you dont mind, Yoda:

1) Can you take pictures of the front, back, and all 4 sides of the box?

2) Can you make a list of all the extra elements?

3) Can the firefighter really wear the oxygen pack?

4) What are ALL the minisets that you can make?

Now, for my opinions:

Things I like:

-Printed "Oil" Minifigure torso (a nice classic)

-The chef miniset has a lot of detail (With YELLOW pizza instead of the ugly new tan color!!)

-Traffic light (nice use of pieces!!)

-Radio controlled car (nice idea!!)

-POLICE printed 1x2 tile (I haven't seen that piece in ages!!)

-Neon Green Diamonds

Things I Wish Were Different:

-Red Santa Claus pants (like you said before)

-More detail (especially on the firefighter and train crossing minisets)

-Next time there should be some vehicles ( ;) )

Things I Hate:

-The Santa Claus sleigh ( *sick* )

-The lack of detail in the firefighter's miniset ( *sick* )

-The ugly train crossing ( *sick* )

In my opinion, this is a great set. I mean, it includes 9 minifigures + accesories for only USD $14.99. Now-a-days, seperate minifigures go for USD $2 to $3 each.

Just my two cents. ;)

Bildur,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) will do tomorrow ;)

2) not really because I have thrown them in my spare bag *wacko* (but at the back of the box there is a list of all elements included)

3) yes !! will post a pic tomorrow ;)

4) These are all the "mini" sets included that you can build (from the "day" pocket - will post pics tomorrow as well ;) )

I do concur fully to your analysis on this set ;) There is a good news for you: there is a spare POLICE printed 1x2 tile :oD

Hope this helped !!!

Thanks, Yoda!!

Tomorrow is another day to look forward to!! ;)

EDIT: I hate to be a bother, but do you know how many pizza pieces and digital clock tiles are there? Also, out of curiousity, do you know why a digital clock is placed on the traffic light? We don't have any of those in the U.S... *wacko*

You're definitly not a bother Bildur ;) , interest is always welcome !!!!

There is only 1 pizza, but there are 2 digital clock tiles and 2 police tiles ;)

No idea why there is a digital clock on the traffic light (we don't have those in Paris), and why the traffic lights is lacking the orange light ;) My guess is that it looks great (anyway, who cares, its always great to have those tiles !!!)

I guess I'll remove the clock in order to add the orange light ;) (since there is also a spare bley "teeth")

OK, sorry for double posting again :$

Bildur, here is the geared up fireman:

img_0814.jpg

Here is the front box:

box_1.jpg

Here is the back (left side - explaining how the set works):

box_4.jpg

Here is the back (right side - all included parts):

box_5.jpg

Here is a pic of the inside box opened (showing the big city "poster"):

box_2.jpg

Finally is the detail of the inside (to show how it really works out):

box_3.jpg

Enjoy ;)

i've bought this set and kind of suprised when I opened the box and found out that the pieces are quite little..... however, I shouldn't complain much cos I got it at ~USD10.

Oh, no, here I go again! Do you mind if I ask you the measurements of the box? (The reason I ask these questions is that I shamefully didn't but any LEGO Advent Calendars in my life, until this City one came along. I immediately got hooked on it. And as a fact, I'm placing my order right now. I hope to get it by the end of this week! :) )

BTW, Thanks for the pics! ;)

Here we go Bildur,

Box measures in cm: 38 x 28,5 x 6,8

You're welcome for the pics, my pleasure ;)

Should I rename this thread "Answers to Bildur on the advent calendar" ??? :D :P

Hey Yoda, what do you get on Christmas Day? Instructions to combine the models?

When is Christmas day again :D ??? From the pics I posted guess :P

No instructions and lots of tiny parts, weird for a 5+ set *wacko* I guess its just the Christmas spirit :|

When is Christmas day again :D ??? From the pics I posted guess :P

No instructions and lots of tiny parts, weird for a 5+ set *wacko* I guess its just the Christmas spirit :|

Er....erm....I don't get it.

What didn't you get Toa Tilius ??

Ok, let me explain myself then |-/

Oh boy, here we go :|

The first line can be explaned like that:

"When is Christmas day again " - that was a joke

"From the pics I posted guess" - what is the only real Christmas mini set in the Advent Calendar ? Guess the answer ;)

The second line can be explaned like this:

"No instructions and lots of tiny parts" - Look at my last pic (traffic light mini set), the mini sets have no instructions, just a pic of the finished product

"weird for a 5+ set" - this age is quit strange, lots and lots of tiny pieces and no instructions

"I guess its just the Christmas spirit " - another joke based on the age limit on this set

Hope you get it this time ;)

Toa- remember that many of the members here do not speak English as there primary language. xwingyoda, sne, jipay, TT, and many others do communicate in English very well, much better than many of use would do at another language. Sometimes what they write is sort of . . . I will say odd. To you and me it may make no sense but to someone who learned English as a secondary language it makes perfect sense. If you don't get it try to step back and read between the lines. And always look at the smilies if there are any. An odd comment may come off as offensive if you don't correctly get it's intended meaning. Also, it is generally British English they learned which is a little bit different then US English.

The complete oppisite is true. Often times you wil say something (slang, catch phrase) that will make no sense whatsoever to the person in Europe.

Lets not take offense anyone. This is the best LEGO board for a reason. We are friendly. We can take a joke. We like leaked pictures/info. We are diverse in culture and background. Plus, we like LEGO stuff, which as everyone know rocks!