Sign in to follow this  
MattZitron

Sexism in the Harry Potter Sets?

This morning my girlfriend gave me the Merpeople HP set.

The name of the set is a misanoma seeing as you get ONE merperson, but I digress.

For those of you who haven't read Goblet of Fire, the plot is thus:

There's a tri-wizard tournament between 2 schools. Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Battenburg (thats not the name, I can't remember it).

Anyway a representative from each school is to enter, and someone engineers it so Harry Potter is entered as a fourth constestant for nefarious means.

So why have we only got Harry and Victor Krum as minifigs?

Battenburg (I can't even be bothered to search the right name) is an all girl school, and their entrant Fleur Declere (sure thats wrong as well) is an important part of the books.

So how come out of 4 sets we have 1 female minifig?

Its not like they're short women to make. We could have a Madame Maxime Giant Minifig, or Fleur.

Now I can understand that Lego is marketed at mainly a male market, but Harry Potter isn't gender specific, and the sets are probably the most female friendly minifig sets about.

SO why has Lego done this? Are we getting more HP sets this year?

As a general statement we need more female MFs !! I now understand why we do not have baby or kids MFs, its a gay community led by men only !! :D :P

We have the kid Boba Fett from Jango's Slave One. And Yoda has a kid body.

I see what Matt's saying, but there can only be so many figures in one set. They tend to pick the main characters, even if they ain't girls.

We have the kid Boba Fett from Jango's Slave One. And Yoda has a kid body.

I see what Matt's saying, but there can only be so many figures in one set. They tend to pick the main characters, even if they ain't girls.

Victor Krum is no more a main character than Fluer.

They could have added her to the Hungarian Horntail.

Fleur was definitely less of a contender than the rest in the Triwizard Tournament... I still think we'll get a Beauxbatons carriage, though.

Fleur was definitely less of a contender than the rest in the Triwizard Tournament... I still think we'll get a Beauxbatons carriage, though.

But she's important to the story and later on.

I would've liked to see a minifig with head bubble.

Or the carriage.

When we gonna get more sets?

I'm wondering that myself. Here's what I would love to see:

Beauxbatons Carriage

$20, 240 pcs.

Includes the winged horses, carriage, Madame Maxime and Fleur Delacour.

The Final Task

$40, 450 pcs.

Includes several 'sections' of maze hedges (corner, fork, straight path, etc. - so that several sets could combine to make a huge maze), blast-ended skrewt and/or other monsters, Triwizard Cup (good opportunity for a new chrome gold piece), Cedric Diggory, and Harry Potter.

If those two sets were released, I'd be happy.

Beauxbatons Carriage

$20, 240 pcs.

The Final Task

$40, 450 pcs.

Includes several 'sections' of maze hedges (corner, fork, straight path, etc. - so that several sets could combine to make a huge maze), blast-ended skrewt and/or other monsters, Triwizard Cup (good opportunity for a new chrome gold piece), Cedric Diggory, and Harry Potter.

Like your thinking Jay.

Lets all go to KFC!!!!!

Beauxbatons Carriage

$20, 240 pcs.

The Final Task

$40, 450 pcs.

I agree on your suggestions...... brilliant ideas..........

Well, seeing as how the former HP lines' sets came to stink and decompose around the stores here, I kind of understand why TLC focuses on the more impressive things from their licences. Though that would definitely rule that ugly ship out...its release makes no sense to me, since the only two figures included are second line characters anyway, and the ship isn't a major part of the plot (unless they rewrote it for the movie).

The merpeople set is thus in dire need of a Fleur Delacour, the Hungarian Horntail would have liked a little more spectators, and why we won't see a Cedric Diggory in the graveyard is beyond me (ok, some dead schoolboy would be a little too sinister...).

Makes me wonder how they will go about the whole Death-Eater-prophecy-fighting-gore-fest of HP's 5th episode...and if the Blacks' Mansion will make its appearance as the Order's hq...

Note: Do NOT read the above if you don't like spoilers! If you spoil yourself by reading whatever there is on the internet: BLAME YOURSELVES! HA!

Major blame and spoilage,

Cutty

I have never read any of the books but I know a little about them. I agree completely that LEGO dropped the ball on this by not including all of the important characters. Maybe they are still making some sets like they do with KK2 and Alpha team, release the main set now and then a few more mid prided sets later.

Characters that need to be included are Fleur, Rita and Cedric. It might be nice to get some of the other characters in also, someone like Cho or Ron's twin brothers who have been important in the stories.

If you want a minifig female just put long hair on a normal minifig....but I suppose your right....

They should also make a Yule Ball set with loads of minifigs like Harry & Ron(LACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i ask you!)

in dress robes.Beauxbatons Carriage

$20, 240 pcs.

The Final Task

$40, 450 pcs.

If those two sets were released, I'd be happy