63 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Here we have a review of the lesser anticipated BP set the Assassin Droid BP. I am going to start of by saying that this set is much better than i thought it was going to be. The speeder is a good design for such a small part count and the Assassin droids look quite menacing :classic: .

Overall picture of the set.

img_2542.jpg

The black droids are listed on the box as elite Assassin droids, with the others just standard.

img_2543.jpg

The nice speeder (again with flick missles).

img_2546.jpg

img_2544.jpg

Now these pointed dark gray-light gray parts a new to me. The light gray bit is rubber joined somehow to the ABS plastic dark gray bit.

img_2545.jpg

The speeder with the droids

img_2547.jpg

As the droids can not sit clipped in place like a regular minifig they use the non gun holding arm to hold on so they don't fall out when swooshing.

img_2548.jpg

A special mention must be made of the extra parts in this set. As you can see there is quite a few. :classic:

img_2541.jpg

So what did i think? Well as i said at the start, this set suprised me and for that i will probably buy a few more than i originaly intended. The driods look great and so does the speeder and no stickers is always a nice surprise these days.

It's a good set that i would recommend!

Edited by KimT
Indexed and poll added

Great reveiw, good to have a real one.

Those light-dark gray are from exoforce.

I'll have to pick up a few of those too (by a few I mean 2)

Edited by Tim Bit

Aw... I was hoping for metallic, or at least pearl silver colour on the dark bley pieces... :sceptic:

I will get one, maybe 2, just for the silver droids and the trans-purple cones. Those silvery extras is just :wub: .

I didn´t have high thoughts about the speeder from the pics, but it actually looks very good.

Great review!

Not really impressed with this one. Probably the weakest BP in a while. The speeder is kind of lame and I am not a big fan of the droids either.

Thank you for the nice review. :thumbup::classic:

At first, I found this set lame. But now I think it's not not that bad. (but I will buy more of 8014 than 8015 :tongue: )

Thanks Mutley :wub:

I've added a poll and indexed the review.

Great pics :thumbup:

I'll be sure to buy this set at least once.

The one dissappointment for me is that they are identical to IG-88 which makes him less special to own somehow (if that makes sense).

Actually IG-88 is an assassin droid so what was TLC supposed to do? :wacko: Thank you for the review I have been waiting for one ever since they posted pics of these things!

I don't think either of this year's BPs are great at all, except for the figs in the Clone one. I liked the original two because they had one large main ship and something smaller (turret for clones, STAP for droids). The assassin droid's speeder is much better than the clone walker :thumbup: , but I dislike the yellow colors in the seats :thumbdown: . I personally like the preliminary assassin droid's battle pack slightly better.

Great Review!

Would someone PLEASE review the AAT!?!?!?!? :hmpf:

Well in ship terms this BP is way better than the Clone one cause the ship has more useful parts and looks way better in my opinion :thumbup: . The minifigs are cool and I like the IG series of droids, but the Clone BP win in this category mainly cause that great Clone Gunner minifig :wub: (Maybe my favorite clone to date :thumbup: ).

Why did this one get made? ...Talk about filler. :hmpf_bad: When are we going to get a Cantina set, with Greedo and a bar you can build?

It seems a good set, but not a really droid army builder one. I may get a couple of them but I won't get as many of them as if it was a battle droid set.

Nevertheless, thanks to your rewiew, I amm now sure I will get at least one, just to get the speeder and get some assassin droids :thumbup:

Guess the price for IG-88 just went down!

:grin:

I'd like to get my hands on some of the assassin droids for a steam-punk type theme.

The one dissappointment for me is that they are identical to IG-88 which makes him less special to own somehow (if that makes sense).

Actually they're not quite the same as the IG-88 as IG-88 has two arms the smae as eachother whereas these have one arm each with the 'hands' facing opposite directions. Mind you it takes two seconds to make one into an IG-88 by either using the spare piece that comes with the set or doing some arm swapping.

It seems my opinion of this set hasn't changed from when I saw the first leaked pictures. For a change, the vehicle in the BP is better than the figs. I just don't understand why I would need more than 5 assassin droids.

The speeder looks as solid as I thought on my first glance. Too bad the figs are disappointing (to me). I'll buy one to satisfy my collection itch, but only one.

I will probably get one of these so, together with the one from Slave I, I have four silver ones as IG-88 A, B, C and D.

Not sure what to do with the black ones though.

Edited by Commander_Rob

Here we have a review of the lesser anticipated BP set the Assassin Droid BP. I am going to start of by saying that this set is much better than i thought it was going to be. The speeder is a good design for such a small part count and the Assassin droids look quite menacing :classic: .

I know a lot of people think this set is less good. But I as a City fan who never buys star wars am going to buy this set because I just really want to have it, I don't know why but I want it. Nice review! :sweet:

Dr. Brick

Great review, thank you! ) :thumbup:

Still, there's one point where I can't agree with you, unfortunately.... )

I hate it that they did not put stickers in this set.... :hmpf_bad:

No, really, I'm quite sane. I just mean that I want those nice CIS insignias which were shown on the preliminary pics! :sing: That would have been awesome to get them for my CIS MOCs.... I guess, it's just TLC being cheap....

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

A droideka, magna droid and a couple of the new super battle droids

..thats the battle pack we were after

This is an odd chocie for a set

That said, its worth a buy - glad it comes with an extra arm for IG-88

If I have the funds I'll get two - i have a feeling assembling an army of AAT's and new super battle droids will consume all my funds

Nice review Mutley!

Nice to hear that you think the set surprized you.

That is always a nice feeling in a set.

Will definatley get a few myself.

-Ras-