Sign in to follow this  
Sidorak The Hunter

I have a question about the chrome minifigs

Hi everyone,

I've never bought a Star Wars set in my 15 years of collecting LEGO, but these new rare minifigures included in the sets have kind of pulled me in. My question is: when one of these rare minifigs is included in the set, is there a special sticker or marking on the outside of the box? Or do you just have to buy boxes randomly and see if you get a minifig? I know the DV minifig isn't out yet here in the USA, but how did it work with C3PO?

Thanks!

C-3PO: You couldn't know if a 3-CPO is in a set. There isn't a special sign. Just your thoughts: Hope he is in my box... :laugh: (If you know hat I mean).

Darth Vader: Well in Sweden was it a bit different, the Darth Vader was outside the box. But will this in the other countries, too?

Greetings Bricks

Edited by Bricks

Hi there.

C3-PO came in lego sets a while back. You had to buy random boxes, as there was no clues except for very minor differences in weight. :wink: They have all been found now (I think) but you can buy them off BL.

Darth is a promotional for when you pre-order his new TIE Fighter set. I don't think he is available any more either, except on BL.

Sorry if I am wrong. :blush:

JD

Btw, By chance I found mine after buying a whole load of sets from a LEGO shop. :tongue: An LEGO employe gave me a hint as to where it was (no idea how he knew though :look::oh::oh3: ). I was too lucky. :thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT: NOOO! Bricks beat me! Ah well...

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Hi there.

C3-PO came in lego sets a while back. You had to buy random boxes, as there was no clues except for very minor differences in weight. :wink:They have all been found now (I think) but you can buy them off BL.

Darth is a promotional for when you pre-order his new TIE Fighter set. I don't think he is available any more either, except on BL.

Sorry if I am wrong. :blush:

I don't think all the C-3PO's have been found yet. Any of last years star wars sets still have a chance of getting one.

But VADER, well, his takeover is far from finished! :tongue:

His reign is just beginning. :tongue: It is similar to the Gold C-3PO in the fact that Chrome Vaders will randomly be put into 2009 star wars sets (only in the United States :angry: ). But also there are heaps to be availible around the rest of the world this time around. But as of yet, apart from pre-ordering the new Vaders Tie in Sweden, it is unkown where they will be distributed.

In 2007, there were 10,000 Gold C-3PO's randomly put in US lego Boxes, but next year, there are 85,000 Chrome Vaders, but quantities of when/where is unkown of yet.

Also, just confirming, Chrome Vaders could be in any star wars set apart from Battle Packs, and exclusives. (in the US)

- Legoman

Edited by legoman

I don't think all the C-3PO's have been found yet. Any of last years star wars sets still have a chance of getting one.

His reign is just beginning. :tongue: It is similar to the Gold C-3PO in the fact that Chrome Vaders will randomly be put into 2009 star wars sets (only in the United States :angry: ). But also there are heaps to be availible around the rest of the world this time around. But as of yet, apart from pre-ordering the new Vaders Tie in Sweden, it is unkown where they will be distributed.

In 2007, there were 10,000 Gold C-3PO's randomly put in US lego Boxes, but next year, there are 85,000 Chrome Vaders, but quantities of when/where is unkown of yet.

Also, just confirming, Chrome Vaders could be in any star wars set apart from Battle Packs, and exclusives. (in the US)

- Legoman

Its only 10000 darth vader in the us. Its just like the C3po. They will be in the bigger sets. They will also put some in the coming summer sets.

In 2007, there were 10,000 Gold C-3PO's randomly put in US lego Boxes, but next year, there are 85,000 Chrome Vaders, but quantities of when/where is unkown as of yet.

- Legoman

Its only 10000 darth vader in the us. Its just like the C3po. They will be in the bigger sets. They will also put some in the coming summer sets.

:wink:

They will be in the bigger sets

A few people over on FBTB found them in Battlepacks :sceptic: (strange, i know)

:wink:

Thats awsome. I hope they are. Id have a little bit of a better chance at getting one. Lets hope this is real.

If you read the 3rd page of that thread through you´ll see that the others doesn´t belive him on that statement. We´ll see who´s right in the future.

CopMike

Yes.... But he wasn't the only one.

So both of my kids opened their brand new 8014 Clone Walker Battle packs on Christmas morning and both of them have the "limited edition" chrome darth vader inside!!!!! I wonder what the odds are for that?

I got the same set for Christmas but no darth vader inside. No fair, no fair, no fair :(

Anyway, I told them they're not allowed to open them yet just in case they turn out to be valuable.

In this thread

Thats 3 occurances, two people.

The amazing thing is, that the guy i just quoted is from Canada!?!?