Sign in to follow this  
Ricecracker

Enfield

Does anybody know what exactly they do at the LEGO facility in Enfield? I just want to know before i go on a tour there. Thanks. @Mods/Admins: If this i in the wrong forum, can you please move it.

I thought it wasn't open to the public.

I guess it is now? And I'll guess you will see what they do when you go! :laugh:

I doubt there is any production in UK. The site is listed as an Exporter/Importer, so it must be a regional office, taking care of sales and marketing in UK. Other buisness developement might take place there too.

Ok, I think I need to step in here!

I doubt there is any production in UK. The site is listed as an Exporter/Importer, so it must be a regional office, taking care of sales and marketing in UK. Other buisness developement might take place there too.
Well I have to concur with you there about the UK, the thing is though that LEGO Enfield is in the US :laugh:!

TLG facts

As for touring it ...... They have a modelbuilder shop where they do special stuff for exhibitions etc. Like the 12 large Indiana Jones statues for shops and special events.

img_9789.jpgThe designer of it is Model Designer Stephen Gerling.

Then there is the S@H for North America, Brickmaster, set designers, economy etc etc. And Community Relations Coordinator, a.k.a Steve Witt. Here´s a picture of him in his office working?

post-148-1229965488.jpg

So to conclude, it´s not like doing the tour in Billund. But you can always call them and ask if you can drop by. Connecticut is nice.

CopMike

I thought it wasn't open to the public.

I don't think it is, but my uncle met one of the Master Model Builders, and told him about me (forget which one), so he invited me on a tour while I'm in the U.S. (to visit my uncle)

Ok, I think I need to step in here!

Well I have to concur with you there about the UK, the thing is though that LEGO Enfield is in the US :laugh:!

TLG facts

As for touring it ...... They have a modelbuilder shop where they do special stuff for exhibitions etc. Like the 12 large Indiana Jones statues for shops and special events. Then there is the S@H for North America, Brickmaster, set designers, economy etc etc. And Community Relations, a.k.a Steve Witt. Here´s a picture of him in his office working?post-148-1229965488.jpg

So to conclude, it´s not like doing the tour in Billund. But you can always call them and ask if you can drop by. Connecticut is nice.

CopMike

Thanks for the information CopMike! If I'm allowed to take pictures, I might get a few to post here on Eurobricks

I'd like to go on a tour there or just check things out (that one could...). Fortunately, its not too far from me. I've met Steve and he's a decent enough fellow (he likes Green Lantern, etc comics, so that's a plus!).

I wanna see a better pic of that poster he's got hanging on the wall...

Edited by Dadster

As for touring it ...... They have a modelbuilder shop where they do special stuff for exhibitions etc. Like the 12 large Indiana Jones statues for shops and special events.

img_9789.jpgThe designer of it is Model Designer Stephen Gerling.

CopMike

Just wondering isn't that the pic i took at Lego world in Oslo last year?

CastleLord