45 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

I am freaking fuming and furious. I was THIS CLOSE from posting this bloody review and Internet Explorer decided that pressing return to go down a line, actually equated to go to a completely random thread on this website, and wipe my entire review. So annoyed. So I'm afraid this will be more breif than it was.

**REVIEW COMPLETE now. Did have a problem with it folks, but its done now. :)**

~ Updated, split reviews to two threads ~

8019 Republic Attack Shuttle £48.74

As a side note, cloaks/bands etc now come in a tiny flat envelope instead of small box.

S4010050-1.jpg

S4010051-1.jpg

Two manuals, no DSS, and bags are un-numbered.

S4010052-1.jpg

S4010053-1.jpg

Mini figures....am I right in saying this is the first normal non-light-up Mace? Hes amazing. Obviously. Look at his gorgeous light sabre.

S4010054-1.jpg

S4010055-1.jpg

Random manual shot.

S4010056-1.jpg

S4010057-1.jpg

S4010058-1.jpg

S4010059-2.jpg

S4010060-1.jpg

I love the back. The vent and the awesome blue engines/thrusters.

S4010061-1.jpg

S4010062-1.jpg

S4010063-1.jpg

S4010064-1.jpg

Sorry this one is on its side. Eeep.

S4010065-1.jpg

S4010066-1.jpg

If you look at the above picture and then this one, you can see the locking mechanism for the top that opens up. Its pretty good, with a satisfying click.

S4010067-1.jpg

Inside there is a seat for Mace, and holsters for several guns and lightsabres.

S4010068-1.jpg

Heres an awesome picture of Mace Windu, being awesome.

S4010069.jpg

Room for two pilots/figures in the cockpit.

S4010070.jpg

The completed rear.

S4010071.jpg

Clone01.jpg

Clone02.jpg

Here is the interesting missile firing mechanism. It uses an elastic band, and it works very well! It shoots out of a very small hole at the front.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i4-t4KzBy4k

Build - It was nothing mind blowing to be honest, but there is definitely some nice elements and overall it was good! 7.5/10

Value - Not too bad. Maybe a mini figure more would have been nice, but you get Mace...soo....8/10

Figures - Mace Windu. 20/10

Overall - You get Mace. The wings fold up well, and the firing mechanism works great for a "play" element. 9/10

Edited by KimT
Indexed and poll added

Thanks for the review. Awesome minifigs there, though I noticed that the cockpit of the shuttle houses 2 but Lego throws in only a pilot, just a minor issue for me.

Nice review.

I'm eager to buy tons of set 8014 !

The shuttle is too undersized for me

clone-wars-snapshot0.png

Mini figures....am I right in saying this is the first normal non-light-up Mace?

Not exactly. Mace came with a classic chrome silver light saber in the 2nd release of CTT.

This one is cartoonish. As for Vader and Palpatine, torso has a different pattern (and color). Previous was dark bley. This one seems to be dark tan with a white shirt.

Thanks for the review! Both look like great sets, an I cant wait to get that battle pack!

Thanks for the reviews!

Battle Pack: Well, I love it. Great walker, and awesome figs. Who couldn't love the black gear? Now it no longer looks like megablox.

Attack Shuttle: Mmm, really don't like this one. Too unfinished looking, like the Twilight. Miney saved though. :thumbup:

2 great sets! These will be my second and third to open! :tongue:

Thanks for the review, and the Shuttle rear-view looks quite accurate, with the rectangular jets, but what I'm most interested in of all things was... Ahsoka's starfighter! That makes 3 sightings! Ooh, I better start looking!

Thanks for reviewing these sets for us.

I'd like you to split the reviews and make a new topic for one of the sets.

I'll happily chang the title of this topic to suit the review present in it.

One review = one topic

Thanks for the reviews! :thumbup:

I like the shuttle quite a bit, and I think Mace Windu looks excellent, even though he's in cartoon form. However, I can't help but feel that the set lacks both size and detail. The wings just look strange to me for some reason, maybe because they look so flat compared to the ship's body.

The engine area seems weak to me with the tiny blue studs and all of the technic holes showing... But I'll almost definitely still buy it because it's not too bad and I would love to get Mace Windu.

Thanks again for the review! :classic:

Thanks for reviewing these sets for us.

I'd like you to split the reviews and make a new topic for one of the sets.

I'll happily chang the title of this topic to suit the review present in it.

One review = one topic

No problemo! Done! :)

A fine review. I'll buy multiples of the clone BP, but the shuttle looks just a little too much like a hunk of bricks for my taste. Looking at it, it seems as though the designers where going for a sleek looking shuttle with lots of slopes, but the end result just doesn't look that nice. I'll probably get Windu off of ebay or BL, and pass on this one. Fortunately, the rest of the sets from the 2009 line look a lot better (*cough,Vader's TIE,cough*). by the way, where did you get this and how much did it cost?

Great review! The ship itself is sort of ugly, IMHO, especially with the dark red/ yellow/ bley color scheme. I might just get this for the figures. As for the Clone BP, it's pretty good, the AT-Rt is okay. Again, I'm probably going to get it for the figs.

Wow 60USD seems a lot for that, I kinda wish it was bigger and it had more room in the interior, nevertheless I still want it!

Fair review.

Well its not the first non light up mace.

He came with second edition of Clone Turbo tank.

Im sure someone already said this,but yeah.

I have the stinkin' light up mace.damn

So you got this at Milton Keynes Lego Store?

Ill go Bluewater, more near me :classic:

I hope they have the AAT tank, Im getting a few of those!

Great review. I think that Mace minifig looks pretty ugly as well as the shuttle. I thought it was strange that they used blue chairs and not black or brown which the normally use for Star wars sets and don't stand out like a sore thumb or a bright blue lego chair :tongue: . Thanks for the review :thumbup: .

Sure, you may get a non light-up mace... But he still has those over-the-top big eyes on his little brown head. :tongue: And when did Mace start having what appears to be puffy cheeks? ...Is this Windu chewing bubble-gum? :grin:

I'd say this is another average set... The Gunship (7676) and AT-TE Walker (7675) are hard sets to follow. They were really good, bulky sets, even if a pinch over-priced. With the Attack Shuttle, the incorporation of a gun mech is nice but not enough.

Thanks for the review! You're a model citizen within the Lego community.

Edited by kidcharm

Windu wasn't even any good in the film, but this fig manages to make him look even worse. It's vile.

I like the firing mechanism, but other than that, the ship is pretty crappy.

i want this but i dont have space and its too expensive.

anyway the firing thingy is the best ive seen ever in lego. TLC has put a lot of nice mechanisms in their sets for 2009 eg. this and the PM Crystal Sweeper

Edited by prateek

With all the other goodness available at the moment it will be hard to get this, though I like the sleekness of the shuttle, and Mace might seal the deal.

Thanks for the Review ReZourceman :thumbup:

This thing is way too clunky......not an exciting set at all....it really looks like it was rushed.

Edited by DJSaulTNutz

I think this turned out to be an okay set, but does anyone think that it is sorta way too... colorful ?

From the exterior view we can already see bricks/parts with 6 different colors. But that's just me.

Nice review though !! Thanks !

Really good review, the video was a nice bonus, I imagined some kind of shooting mechanism like that, similar to what was in those Viking catapults.

I will get this set, despite some of the problems.

You shouldn`t blame the multicolourness on TLG though, they just reproduced what is in the series:

250px-Republicattackshuttle.jpg