MagPiesRUs

Indiana Jones Staff Car

theaterindex.gif

The Nazi staff car from the Raiders of the Lost Ark truck chase. I've tried to make it as similarly built as possible to the truck and jeep from 7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure, while still adding a few non-TLC techniques.

IMG_1518.jpg

Front:

IMG_1519.jpg

Side:

IMG_1520.jpg

Back:

IMG_1522.jpg

Without luggage:

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

Staff car complete with poorly made minifigs of Belloq, Colonel Dietrich and Toht. A tight fit, but they're in!

IMG_1528.jpg

The staff car in action!

IMG_1531.jpg

... And as promised, some shots of the truck chase in lego...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9-2.jpg

9-3.jpg

Enjoy! Feedback is much appreciated. :sweet:

wow very nice open air car.

i like the four seats, this is real car.

back of the car also very good idea that can put some lullages.

nice color.

just one thing, i like it more with doors.

great job.

really cool ! your car is amazing^^ and your photos are great!

Thanks for the feedback guys. :wub:

wow very nice open air car.

i like the four seats, this is real car.

back of the car also very good idea that can put some lullages.

nice color.

just one thing, i like it more with doors.

great job.

Thanks! I would have liked to include doors, but I wanted to keep it as similar to the doorless vehicles in Race for the Stolen Treasure as possible (well, that and the fact that I didn't have enough black car doors on hand. :blush:)

Thanks again everyone! :sweet:

Very nicely done; I like how you've added an Adventurers throwback (the grille). Indy isn't the same without that piece....

Like the car very much.

I like how you did with the backpacks and the coffin in the back of the car.

Also seeing the classic chase made in bricks was very nice :thumbup:

Just as in the film.

-Ras-

Nice work TPRUS! :thumbup:

The shots in the chase have that nice dramatic angle, and Indy crashing through the windiw....excellent!

I also like how you made the red flagon the car slope inwards, perhaps a 1x1 round hite plate might give the flag a little extra.

Great car, very accurate to the movie. The only thing that I would perhaps change about it is adding mudguards to the back wheels. But really caught my eye was the classic chase scene- very well done! I just watched Radiers again, and I love all of the little events of the scene that you included, such as the Arab hitting the windshield. :thumbup:

Thanks again for the feedback. :classic:

Nice work TPRUS! :thumbup:

The shots in the chase have that nice dramatic angle, and Indy crashing through the windiw....excellent!

I also like how you made the red flagon the car slope inwards, perhaps a 1x1 round hite plate might give the flag a little extra.

Thank you. :sweet: The flag on the car isn't supposed to be a swastika mind you, it's just a plain red flag. I can't find any good reference pics of it anywhere, but this one will have to do:

ebe196.jpg

Great car, very accurate to the movie. The only thing that I would perhaps change about it is adding mudguards to the back wheels. But really caught my eye was the classic chase scene- very well done! I just watched Radiers again, and I love all of the little events of the scene that you included, such as the Arab hitting the windshield. :thumbup:

Thanks. I agree that the back wheel needs some mudguards, but due to the sloped 6-wide piece I used, it proved to be difficult. In the end I didn't bother, but hoped that the car boot would be a good enough replacement.

Thanks again guys. :sweet:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Widh this was a set. My only problem is the seats close together because in the Duck Boat you can't easily seat figs. But the rest of it makes me over look it. A great Moc. The back is also very cool.

Edited by JCC1004