Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Just did a quick run to Sherway Lego Store and I noticed they had the new Spider-man set which tempted me, but imo I knew I would regret it. They also had the new Star Wars sets except the one I wanted! The Desert Skiff :angry: Also a lot of interesting elements at the pick-a-brick, most notably PINK 1x4's!

Just did a quick run to Sherway Lego Store and I noticed they had the new Spider-man set which tempted me, but imo I knew I would regret it. They also had the new Star Wars sets except the one I wanted! The Desert Skiff :angry: Also a lot of interesting elements at the pick-a-brick, most notably PINK 1x4's!

How much was the Spidey set?

I hope a bunch of you were able to make it out to Brickfete!

If not here's a sampling of some of the awesome stuff on display:

7587534228_42ba73679f_z.jpg

Brickfete 2012

Wow! So many amazing creations! Thanks for sharing the pics, Si! BTW, love how you've got the little red wheelbarrow guy everywhere.

Wow! So many amazing creations! Thanks for sharing the pics, Si! BTW, love how you've got the little red wheelbarrow guy everywhere.

It was pretty incredible... You should definitely try to come out next year!

Huh? Wheelbarrow guy? Everywhere? Are you accusing me/others of placing that ridiculously cute fig on every single display just to take a picture? That would have like taken two hours to go and find interesting places for that fig.

That's a lot of effort for such little payoff. Seriously, don't you think I have better things to do? :look:

:sad: I missed Brickfete! But to be fair, I had no way to get across the whole of Toronto.

It looked like a pretty nice time. I saw some footage on CP24 though :laugh:

Edited by prateek

:sad: I missed Brickfete! But to be fair, I had no way to get across the whole of Toronto.

Yeah, I noticed their van there. You have no excuse for not coming though, I came from Kitchener!

Yeah, I noticed their van there. You have no excuse for not coming though, I came from Kitchener!

Well I don't have a vehicle :wink:

If I had a car I would be willing to come from Ottawa!

Edited by prateek

TTC?

I was there on Sunday, but i didn't have time to stick around and go looking for people. Next year however I think I'll bring some MOCS! :classic:

There were folks from Ottawa at the event.

Well next time let us know, and we'll try to figure a way to get you a ride.

TTC?

I was there on Sunday, but i didn't have time to stick around and go looking for people. Next year however I think I'll bring some MOCS! :classic:

DUDE you came and didn't even say HI to me? we were Grand Opening buddies :look:

:cry_sad:

DUDE you came and didn't even say HI to me? we were Grand Opening buddies :look:

:cry_sad:

I tried getting your attention for like a full 4 minutes, but you were behind a barricade chatting to someone dressed in a very colourful dress sort of thing :cry_sad:

I tried getting your attention for like a full 4 minutes, but you were behind a barricade chatting to someone dressed in a very colourful dress sort of thing :cry_sad:

:wall::facepalm:

D'OH!

I'm sorry, I think that was during one of my breaks ...

Next time throw some LEGO at me :innocent:

:wall::facepalm:

D'OH!

I'm sorry, I think that was during one of my breaks ...

Next time throw some LEGO at me :innocent:

Chill bro! We shall meet again, and I will bring Lego :sweet:

Did anyone get a picture or video of my little NXT robot in the Pit of Despair at Brickfete on Sunday? It was the one with its ultrasonic sensor sticking up from underneath the ping pong balls. And I totally forgot to take pictures. :thumbdown::sad:

Thanks for the replies earlier. I did mean hot weather here in the USA, that's why my wife wanted to move up north because it should/could be a little cooler overall. I like the idea of free health care for sure. I assume that is only available for citizens, but what about people with work visas? Either way, I doubt we will be moving, but we definitely want to visit a few places. I've heard that Canada is nicer overall. I've always been told to go to Niagara Falls on the Canada side because it is beautiful and the American side is very touristy.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I don't want to pay more for Lego that's for sure.

I've heard that Canada is nicer overall. I've always been told to go to Niagara Falls on the Canada side because it is beautiful and the American side is very touristy.

Aww shucks. :blush:

Thanks for that but you should know that the Canadian side of Niagra Falls is a touristy pit as well. "Museums" of all kinds (including what I understand is a rip-off "LEGO Museum") fill the Canadian side and while I have not been there in years I am sure you are just as overcharged for a hot dog as on your side. :wink:

Now that said, if you want to come to Canada you are in for a treat. Quebec City is magnificent and for many it can feel a bit like visiting Europe. Out here on the We(s)t Coast you have spectacular coastlines and mountains. I always loved exploring Nova Scotia and the Maritimes are full of great sites to visit. Sorry to sound like a Canada Tourism commercial but I'm feeling particularly proud today. :sweet:

Really "no way" not like the multiple sources of public transit or posting "yo I need I ride". :devil::grin::wink: Next time Via to T.O. or 'Shawa and we'll get you the rest of the way.

Edited by Rook

I hope a bunch of you were able to make it out to Brickfete!

Thanks for sharing the pics. There was some great stuff there.

I'll be back in Canada for the month of August. The yen is pretty high on the Canadian dollar, so I'm hoping to get a few deals while I'm there. If you folks know of any deals in the Toronto region, let me know :wink:

I'll be back in Canada for the month of August. The yen is pretty high on the Canadian dollar, so I'm hoping to get a few deals while I'm there. If you folks know of any deals in the Toronto region, let me know :wink:

Good luck with that. The deals here in Canada SUCK. :sadnew: Well, there might be some awesome deals sometimes, but that comes rarely.

Edited by Legobrandon

Good luck with that. The deals here in Canada SUCK. :sadnew: Well, there might be some awesome deals sometimes, but that comes rarely.

If it gets to you, feel free to move south of the border :wink: I grew up in Canada, came of age there, so I'm pretty up on how the economy works :classic:

If it gets to you, feel free to move south of the border :wink: I grew up in Canada, came of age there, so I'm pretty up on how the economy works :classic:

Depending on where you live, you could always go for a trip to the northern US during the summer, buy tons of Lego sets there, and then come back. Customs would be a little confused, but overall nbd.

That's what I plan to do when I visit NYC in August; we're catching the train from Buffalo, so there'll be some time for shopping there. Plus I'll probably get to check out the Lego Store in NYC.