Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Just got my series 6 CMF's in Toronto at the Mt. Pleasant Mastermind Toys. They were $3.49 each...and I was able to feel my way to a complete series and then some.

If the weather were better I'd maybe make the walk. I got two figures from the Fairview mall on the weekend, but it was busy and stressful and I didn't have the patience to sit there any longer.

Although I do prefer getting these guys at a place where I get some kickback, so Chapters may be the winner [Plum Rewards aren't as good as VIP points, but anything's better than nothing when it's all the same cost]. Plus, Chapters still has a metric pants-load of S5, so I'm going to try and take it at a more relaxed rate and collect the figures one or two at a time. Assuming there's as much of this series as the last one.

If the weather were better I'd maybe make the walk. I got two figures from the Fairview mall on the weekend, but it was busy and stressful and I didn't have the patience to sit there any longer.

Although I do prefer getting these guys at a place where I get some kickback, so Chapters may be the winner [Plum Rewards aren't as good as VIP points, but anything's better than nothing when it's all the same cost]. Plus, Chapters still has a metric pants-load of S5, so I'm going to try and take it at a more relaxed rate and collect the figures one or two at a time. Assuming there's as much of this series as the last one.

Chapters is the place to go if you want to sit down and relax while feeling the packets. :laugh:

Chapters is the place to go if you want to sit down and relax while feeling the packets. :laugh:

They had the CMF's behind the counter when I was there for Series 5...so never bothered going there...I hadn't factored in the loyalty points in the equation...hmmmm...I should have I guess. :(

Chapters here in Victoria has a Toy section beside the kids books and the CMFs are on a counter with other toys. Good news: not behind a desk/counter; bad news: no where to sit.

Overall I feel less creepy standing in the aisle at London Drugs and the last two series they have put out multiple cases at the same time at the downtown location!

They had the CMF's behind the counter when I was there for Series 5...so never bothered going there...I hadn't factored in the loyalty points in the equation...hmmmm...I should have I guess. :(

The Chapters I visit always puts the minifigures in a plastic tube container.

Chapters here in Victoria has a Toy section beside the kids books and the CMFs are on a counter with other toys. Good news: not behind a desk/counter; bad news: no where to sit.

Overall I feel less creepy standing in the aisle at London Drugs and the last two series they have put out multiple cases at the same time at the downtown location!

I got most of the series 2 minifigures at LD. There is no where to sit, but no one is there to bother you. :laugh:

To any Canadians awaiting the new Star Wars line I suggest checking Wal-mart, as I just got from my local one. While they were in the process of restocking the Lego aisle, they had spaces for the new battlepacks and the Planet sets (priced at $14.86 and $12.44 respectivily if I recall correctly). The sets themselves weren't on the shelves and I had to leave before I could find an employee, but I'd wager that they'll be stocking the new Star Wars line a little early.

They might but a number of Wal*Marts in our area have the new plan-o-grams out so they are just re-setting their toy departments so these holes might stay open for a bit longer.

I know Friends were being put on endcaps as there was no set room for these as per yet in their new home (girls section...should be with LEGO :wink: ). Did notice that some Wal*Marts are breaking embargo on the new SW Darth Maul packaging in the boys section...having seen new 3-3/4 battlepacks, Lightsabers, and SW Fighter Pods (Squinkies).

I've found I prefer to just buy a box at Walmart. Take them home, sit on the sofa, watch TV, and feel them up in the privacy of my home. Then return whatever I don't want. :blush:

I visited Walmart on Sunday and they had some of the Green box Ninjago stuff along with the booster packs, the new 2012 police and fire sets, and almost the whole LEGO friends theme (except for the large house).

Anybody notice if their local Canadian Wal-Mart stores still have #5512, the "XXL Box" still in stock? And if so, is it still selling for $40CDN?

Anybody notice if their local Canadian Wal-Mart stores still have #5512, the "XXL Box" still in stock? And if so, is it still selling for $40CDN?

I called my local store other day and they were all out of stock. But Toys N Bricks members have reported seeing them pop up mid-January, here is the thread for TNB if you want some more information: http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4944

Does anyone have a link for the online version of the February Lego Store Calendar? I'm too lazy to get one from Fairview :tongue:

Aw yeah.... who wants to enter the Ninjago tournament? :devil:

Also - that's an awesome monthly mini build.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. My sister really likes it :thumbup:

Does anyone have a link for the online version of the February Lego Store Calendar? I'm too lazy to get one from Fairview :tongue:

Fairview has run out.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. My sister really likes it :thumbup:

What were wondering about?

What were wondering about?

My sister was asking when the monthly build is for February, but after posting I realized it is the first Tuesday of every month.

It appears Wal-Marts are getting in their stock of Series 6, one of the Fredericton Wal-Marts had a box of them with more on the way.

Aw yeah.... who wants to enter the Ninjago tournament? :devil:

I'm in but thinking maybe more like BattleBotsĀ® meets Ninjago! :tongue:

Classic+BattleBots.jpg

Edited by Rook