Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

If anyone is looking for the minfigure LED flashlights, key chain lights and lanterns from LAST YEAR (the non-City-theme ones), I noticed yesterday that they seem to be back at TRU in Toronto.

I was over at Cedarbrae Mall and they had quite a pile of them (in addition to SOME of the City ones). This must be a new shipment, because the previous times that I had been at that location looking for these items, all they had in stock was the Dynamo 'crank light' flashlight.

I saw them just earlier. They're nice and I wanted one, but they're a bit overpriced at $10 each IMHO. Held back on purchasing one.

I saw them just earlier. They're nice and I wanted one, but they're a bit overpriced at $10 each IMHO. Held back on purchasing one.

Oooooo...all LEGO 'lights and electronics' were on sale this past week at TRU...25% off!

So, $9.99 key chain light was $7.47...$19.99 lantern/LED flashlight were $14.97, etc.

So did anyone else end up making it out to the FireFighter Toy Drive event on Thursday?

I didn't even know about it!

Anything cool go on?

I didn't even know about it!

Anything cool go on?

In terms of LEGO, there were two Duplo play areas, a small LEGO club area with free magazines and a contest, a pickup truck filled with Duplo sets and LEGO Certified Professional Robin Sather and I built a 5-ft long Duplo model of a fire truck.

201012tf-01.jpg

They also filmed the 6 o'clock Global newscast live there, had three choirs sing and perform, had some reindeer and had free food if you donated a Duplo set worth more than $10.

All in all it was a great evening.

Edited by Ricecracker

In terms of LEGO, there were two Duplo play areas, a small LEGO club area with free magazines and a contest, a pickup truck filled with Duplo sets and LEGO Certified Professional Robin Sather and I built a 5-ft long Duplo model of a fire truck.

*snip*

They also filmed the 6 o'clock Global newscast live there, had three choirs sing and perform, had some reindeer and had free food if you donated a Duplo set worth more than $10.

All in all it was a great evening.

Very cool.

That's why I didn't know about it...I watch CTV news. LOL!

Edited by Ogre

Ahhh.. Didn't even know there was a thread for Canadians, until Ogre posted about it in the CMF4 thread. Bookmarked!

As for the rumors regarding the potential Lego store at Sherway, I am stoked. We could definitely use a Lego store in the GTA; when will we get more information?

Also: is it just me, or has there been a real lack of good Lego sales recently? I would love to pick up some of the new City/Pharaoh's Quest sets, but I refuse to pay full MSRP, especially when seeing the Canadian prices in comparison with US prices.

Also: is it just me, or has there been a real lack of good Lego sales recently? I would love to pick up some of the new City/Pharaoh's Quest sets, but I refuse to pay full MSRP, especially when seeing the Canadian prices in comparison with US prices.

Two weeks ago, TRU had a 20% off City sale, and they had the Police sets in stock.

Maybe it's just the timing of when I came back into this [around 2 months ago] but it feels like there's always something on sale at TRU lately. Maybe not the best sale, sure, but something is usually kicking around at 15-20% off. I'm assuming this is just a pre-Christmas push, though, that'll flatten out in the new year. But I'm with you on the non-sale cost. I've yet to get any Pharaoh stuff, and I've got my eye on the ATM-jacking City set, although TRU has raised the prices on City stuff something fierce [while conversely lowering the cost of the Bricks N' More sets. Huh.]

Ahhh.. Didn't even know there was a thread for Canadians, until Ogre posted about it in the CMF4 thread. Bookmarked!

As for the rumors regarding the potential Lego store at Sherway, I am stoked. We could definitely use a Lego store in the GTA; when will we get more information?

TRU has had SOME (Toy Story @ 30% off, Atlantis @ 25% off) but, yeah...considering some of the U.S. sales I've seen, we get shafted pretty massively. (not to mention how often TRU JACKS the prices over MSRP!)

Edited by Ogre

Maybe it's just the timing of when I came back into this [around 2 months ago] but it feels like there's always something on sale at TRU lately. Maybe not the best sale, sure, but something is usually kicking around at 15-20% off. I'm assuming this is just a pre-Christmas push, though, that'll flatten out in the new year. But I'm with you on the non-sale cost. I've yet to get any Pharaoh stuff, and I've got my eye on the ATM-jacking City set, although TRU has raised the prices on City stuff something fierce [while conversely lowering the cost of the Bricks N' More sets. Huh.]

tru.ca has all of the new sets at msrp, and most other than star wars at msrp, so i don't know what you are complaning about.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SORRY, IM JUST REALLY EXCITED!!!!!

http://www.thestar.com/article/903993--global-retailers-drive-demand-for-malls

I found an article in the star, stating sherway gardens for a lego store..

Jeff VW

Well, that's a drag.

I mean, it's FANTASTIC that LEGO is finally opening a store in Ontario and specifically in Toronto but, being in Sherway Gardens means I'll probably be there twice per YEAR, versus twice per WEEK if it was more centrally-located.

Well, that's a drag.

I mean, it's FANTASTIC that LEGO is finally opening a store in Ontario and specifically in Toronto but, being in Sherway Gardens means I'll probably be there twice per YEAR, versus twice per WEEK if it was more centrally-located.

Central as in where?

I'm not defending the location [it's sort of a jerk mall], but I have the feeling people think Sherway is harder to get to than it really is. [Just take the 123 from Kipling; it's a 15 minute ride that'll drop you off in front of the place.]

All in all, though, I think I might have preferred Yorkdale, even though that's unquestionably a jerk mall. Anything to skip a bus is preferred.

Central as in where?

I'm not defending the location [it's sort of a jerk mall], but I have the feeling people think Sherway is harder to get to than it really is. [Just take the 123 from Kipling; it's a 15 minute ride that'll drop you off in front of the place.]

All in all, though, I think I might have preferred Yorkdale, even though that's unquestionably a jerk mall. Anything to skip a bus is preferred.

Well, I live in the east end, so even the Eaton Centre would have been FAR better for me.

Taking ANY bus from KIPLING means I have to a) take a bus to the SRT b) take the SRT to Kennedy subway station c) take the subway from Kennedy across the ENTIRE LENGTH of the system to Kipling d) THEN take the 123.

That's a whole lot of 'chucking' just to get to a store.

I found an article in the star, stating sherway gardens for a lego store..

Jeff VW

Thanks for the link, Jeff, and congratulations on becoming an Ambassador. :classic:

more prof: http://toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1921 scroll down a bit and you'll see a picture

edit:

also if you go to tru.ca, and search lego, and at the top of the page there will be a picture with three pages, go to the seconed page, it looks like tru.ca will get more new sets soon...

edit 2:

here is a picture:

i can't put it in my post but here is the link:

http://toysnbricks.com/forums/download/file.php?id=208&mode=view

Edited by r4-g9

Is Jeff VW, Jeff Van Winden from WHaCKOLuG?

Congrats.

That's me, Sorry I have not been around much for that past (few years) I used to follow this group religiously when it was on FBTB, but when FBTB changes forums(?) I was unaware on where it moved to...

On a separate note, Is there a listing some where of where everyone is from? I recognize a few of your names, but I have been wondering for a while if there were any AFOL's or TFOL's near Orangeville??

Jeff VW

Orangeville, Ontario

big news about ninjago, star wars, hero factory tru:

they left the ontario warehouse on the 8 of december, and should be in calgary sometime in the next two weeks!

this news also means that tru's ontario should have them now...

also series three minifigs will ship from ontario on the 18 on december...

Edited by r4-g9

from toysnbricks:

I found 2259 Skeleton Chopper at TRU metrotown today. It was $19.99 and the only one on the shelve. Maybe they put it out too early?

big news about ninjago, star wars, hero factory tru:

they left the ontario warehouse on the 8 of december, and should be in calgary sometime in the next two weeks!

this news also means that tru's ontario should have them now...

also series three minifigs will ship from ontario on the 18 on december...

Hey thanks for the news!! May I say that you've been a really good help for all us Canadians!! well, I can't speak on everyone elses behalf. But you've certainly helped me! :thumbup: