Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

i found 7977 at the sunridge tru in calgary, it is most likly the only new 2011 set in calgary.

I can confirm that all of these sets were also at the TRU at the Sherway mall. They had the new Pharaoh's Quest sets in ridiculous quantities.

P.S. sok117, I feel about 75% sure that I saw you at the Pharaoh's Quest display in the TRU. Were you there around 2pm in the afternoon yesterday (Thursday the 18th)?

I'm pretty sure that was me, did you pick up the pyramid set? I felt like saying eurobricks or something but thought that if it wasn't someone on the board I would look weird.

Just out of curiosity, what gave it away?

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by sok117

I'm pretty sure that was me, did you pick up the pyramid set? I felt like saying eurobricks or something but thought that if it wasn't someone on the board I would look weird.

Just out of curiosity, what gave it away?

That morning I phoned the Woodbine Mall which is about a 10 minute walk from my residence to see if they had any of the sets but they didn't. I then tried the Dufferin Mall and they too had not received any of the new sets.

Knowing that you had said that the Sherway Mall had some of the Pharaoh's Quest sets I called them to double check exactly which four they had. When I entered the Lego section and saw someone looking over the Pharaoh's Quest sets I thought to myself "sok117 said he was going to be here today, I'll bet that's him". I grabbed the Scorpion Pyramid and toured the rest of the Lego section a couple of times to see what other new sets they'd stocked. When you were still eying the Pharaoh's Quest display and had the Sphinx in your hands at this point I was basically certain that I must have run into another AFOL. In hindsight I wish I'd said something.

P.S. - How are you liking the Sphinx set? I haven't decided whether I want to collect the entire theme or not as I'm a bit iffy on the Sphinx and Cobra sets.

This thread makes me feel so nostalgic. I'd love to bump into some of you folk. Last year, I visited the Dufferin store (where I used to work, and I didn't recognize a single employee), and felt like a real AFOL. I bought a pile of little Space Police and Atlantis sets. I was surprised that the Yonge St. store was closed. My only big purchase was at the Whitby store (where I also worked, as well as the Don Mills store for a year or two).

It'd be interesting to have a gathering of the Golden Horseshoe group. If you guys don't take it upon yourselves, I'll try to round you up when I visit in 2012 or so.

Hi fellow Canucks.

I was in 2 different Wal-Marts in the GTA this weekend and saw that some Toy Story 3 sets are Clearance priced.

Most notably are the 7595 Army Men for $10 and 7592 Construct a Buzz for $25.

Happy Hunting!

Just wondering if anybody here knows if LEGO is going to do another "Brick Friday" event this year?

That morning I phoned the Woodbine Mall which is about a 10 minute walk from my residence to see if they had any of the sets but they didn't. I then tried the Dufferin Mall and they too had not received any of the new sets.

Knowing that you had said that the Sherway Mall had some of the Pharaoh's Quest sets I called them to double check exactly which four they had. When I entered the Lego section and saw someone looking over the Pharaoh's Quest sets I thought to myself "sok117 said he was going to be here today, I'll bet that's him". I grabbed the Scorpion Pyramid and toured the rest of the Lego section a couple of times to see what other new sets they'd stocked. When you were still eying the Pharaoh's Quest display and had the Sphinx in your hands at this point I was basically certain that I must have run into another AFOL. In hindsight I wish I'd said something.

P.S. - How are you liking the Sphinx set? I haven't decided whether I want to collect the entire theme or not as I'm a bit iffy on the Sphinx and Cobra sets.

Yeah, I was trying to decide what to buy. I was hoping they had the motorcycle one and the airplane one, and I'd buy the four cheapest ones. But they didn't, and I didn't have enough on me to get the pyramid. So I got the sphinx, which I didn't really consider buying, but I wanted to have a nice build. It's better then I expected, but I'm thinking of doing some major modding. I saw you eying the pharaoh's quest line. But I couldn't be sure if it was an AFOL because the sets were on an island and it could've just been someone looking for the new and flashy things for Christmas. But when you eyed the angler fish set from Atlantis, I knew you were looking only for Winter sets. And I wouldn't really consider myself an AFOL, more like a TFOL.

and How is the pyramid? I was really sad I didn't have enough when my original plan went astray. Maybe for Christmas.

This thread makes me feel so nostalgic. I'd love to bump into some of you folk. Last year, I visited the Dufferin store (where I used to work, and I didn't recognize a single employee), and felt like a real AFOL. I bought a pile of little Space Police and Atlantis sets. I was surprised that the Yonge St. store was closed. My only big purchase was at the Whitby store (where I also worked, as well as the Don Mills store for a year or two).

Here, here. When I was at LEGO Store in Calgary I was just dying to ask if someone was from EB, but was afraid of making a fool out of myself default_tong.gif

Here, here. When I was at LEGO Store in Calgary I was just dying to ask if someone was from EB, but was afraid of making a fool out of myself default_tong.gif

when were you at the lego store?

like what day and aprox. time

BTW...

I'm assuming y'all know of this but, since I haven't seen it mentioned here (and don't know where else I should look), I thought I'd mention it...

If you go to lego.com and click on 'shop online', you'll notice on the shop page 'Win your LEGO wish list'.

Download the form, fill in your top ten 'wish list' sets (up to $1000 value) and you could win that entire wish list.

Tres cool, no? :classic:

I ran into a less fortunate family while I was mailing some packages in the States last week. They told me about this and how they hope they win because otherwise they won't be having anything for Christmas. Unfortunately, you won't know until after Christmas whether you have won. I asked them what kind of sets they had on their list, and went to Walmart and bought a few and went back and gave them to the dad. It was the least I could do.

On another note, I'm from Winnipeg. How many people here are also from Winnipeg? From the Zellers comments it seems like a few...

We should all get together somewhere!

Edited by Locutis

I ran into a less fortunate family while I was mailing some packages in the States last week. They told me about this and how they hope they win because otherwise they won't be having anything for Christmas. Unfortunately, you won't know until after Christmas whether you have won. I asked them what kind of sets they had on their list, and went to Walmart and bought a few and went back and gave them to the dad. It was the least I could do.

On another note, I'm from Winnipeg. How many people here are also from Winnipeg? From the Zellers comments it seems like a few...

That was very nice of you. :classic:

I'm not in The 'Peg....I'm in T-Dot but, we've got Zellers here, too. :grin:

on tru.ca there are a bunch of new sets!

city:

creater:

7507 (sale)

7503 (sale)

atlantis:

duplo:

racers:

7520-7523

bricks and more:

pharaoh's quest:

all of these set number from here:

http://www.toysrus.ca/viewall/index.jsp ... Id=4284710

edit:

tru sunridge has the following:

prisener transport

mobile police unit

police station

scarb atack

rise of the spinx

no other tru's in calgary have these!

Edited by r4-g9

Drat I better be getting to a TRU soon!

Still no sightings of Series 3 Minifigs, or have I failed at skimming the pages I missed?

Legorski,

But there are Zellers all over Canada :wacko:

Zellers Black Saturday: November 27 (Starts at 8 a.m)

Zellers will be having Moonlight madness deals this friday and saturday. For saturday only, they will have 54% off ALL LEGO Bionicle Stars.

•ALL LEGO Bionicle Stars $4.99 each (reg.$10.99)

•FREE $10 Savings Coupon* during this event

*$10 Savings Coupon can be redeemed from December 3-9 for purchases above $50.

when were you at the lego store?

like what day and aprox. time

It was sometime in September- I forget when. I'll have to check my reciept default_laugh_new.gif

I don't know what you mean by the Zellers comments, but I live abotu half an away outside of Winnepeg. I usually go in the city to shop.

It was sometime in September- I forget when. I'll have to check my reciept default_laugh_new.gif

I don't know what you mean by the Zellers comments, but I live abotu half an away outside of Winnepeg. I usually go in the city to shop.

Well, there were comments about Regent Zellers, Grant Park Zellers, and Polo Park Zellers, so I figured there were several people from Winnipeg besides myself.

I went to the Santa Claus Parade, and there was a huge Lego float. I think they do one every year, but they change it up. I'll try to get a pic of it posted :classic:

Just thought I'd say that I'm really glad us Canadians have a place to talk like this. It really helps! :thumbup:

Agreed. Kudos to Tim Bit! :sweet:

Although it seems activity is down compared to past times.

I went to the Santa Claus Parade, and there was a huge Lego float. I think they do one every year, but they change it up. I'll try to get a pic of it posted :classic:

This year's was pretty cool. Updated in red for 'Kingdoms'. :classic:

03.jpg <~2009

00.jpg <~2010

Edited by Ogre

I was @ Walmart this morning and there was a lady there who worked for Lego, I asked when the series 3 would be out and she said definitely not till January,(although some Toys R US's had some 2011 stuff) she also said there would definitely be more of them than the first two series, she wasnt too friendly, otherwise I would have like to get more info out of her... like when is Vancouver getting a Lego store?

Lots of 2011 sets at the TRU in Mississauga near Argentia/Winston Churchill. They have pretty much everything except for NinjaGO and Series 3.

Lots of 2011 sets at the TRU in Mississauga near Argentia/Winston Churchill. They have pretty much everything except for NinjaGO and Series 3.

did they have star wars, and the new hero factory?

tru sunridge has all of the police sets, execpt for the helicoptor, and the minifigure colection. they have both atlantis sets that are on tru.ca, they have all of the pharaoh's quest sets, exept for flying mummy attack, and golden staff gardians. no hero factory, no star wars, no series 3, and no ninjago