Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Very true. What I didn't like about the situation though is that often the parent will volunteer to buy the kid a Lego set, the kid will then pick out a 15-25$ set and the parent will freak about the price. default_sceptic.gif

Yeah, I hate that. Once I was looking at LEGO in my local Wal Mart, and the aprent asked "Okay, what set do you want?" The kid pointed at the Freeco Speeder. "*Gasp* No! That's too expensive!" The kid pointed again. "Nope, too much money. Pick another one." Kid points at the Crystal King. "That's too much too. You kknow what, let's move on." Of course, that doesn't beat what I saw a few years ago... a different kid is looking through LEGO, "I wish I wanted that. Ooh... I wish I wanted that..." default_laugh_new.gif

I found 2 sets of the 8043 Excavator at the local Mastermind Toy store today. Looks like the other latest Technics and City sets have arrived at that store. They still have about 24 or so Series 1 Collectible Mini-figs on the rack. They seem to have a better stock than the local TRU.

I found 2 sets of the 8043 Excavator at the local Mastermind Toy store today. Looks like the other latest Technics and City sets have arrived at that store. They still have about 24 or so Series 1 Collectible Mini-figs on the rack. They seem to have a better stock than the local TRU.

That would be the one in Aurora? Fantastic! I'd love to get a hold of that excavator without resorting to S@H.

Can anyone confirm if there is a Mastermind store near Kipling subway station? There doesn't seem to be one at that location listed on their official website, but when I checked google maps I spotted one. Or is google maps just confused?

That would be the one in Aurora? Fantastic! I'd love to get a hold of that excavator without resorting to S@H.

Can anyone confirm if there is a Mastermind store near Kipling subway station? There doesn't seem to be one at that location listed on their official website, but when I checked google maps I spotted one. Or is google maps just confused?

Yup, that's the one in Aurora. There is one 8043 left on the shelf now. :classic:

I went in to the city yesterday and found several things...

A, the LEGO game are finally out near me!

B, sveral more Augest wave SW sets!

C, MINIFIGS! I was very exited over these, but I forogt my bar code sheet. I'm going to tyre and get in today- with the sheet- and get my nurse (BTW, I wound up with the zombie and ninja)

According to a 'retail locations' bookmark I have from them, the 'west end' locations are 4242 Dundas St. W in Etobicoke (Dundas W & Royal York 416-239-1600), 1011 Upper Middle Rd. in Oakville and 4099 Erin Mills Pkwy in Mississauga.

Edited by Ogre

Yay! I got myself the nurse, cowboy, and clown. And the figs are still in a fairly big stock. I might go back and get more.

Yay! I got myself the nurse, cowboy, and clown. And the figs are still in a fairly big stock. I might go back and get more.

Where are you located? what store did you find the minifigures in?

Thanks

Where are you located? what store did you find the minifigures in?

Thanks

I'm in Manitoba, and I spotted them at a Wal-Mart in Winnepeg.

Any luck with series 2 minifigs anyone? :sadnew: I've been hearing they won't be available in Canada until the first of September, but I keep checking my local TRU anyways.

Stopped in earlier today, they've restocked their selection of city sets somewhat since the sale. Despite the technic motorized excavator being recalled lots of places, they also had a number of copies of it in stock, along with the mobile crane and other technic sets. There was an employee who was opening up a fresh shipment of Lego and I asked about series 2 of the minifigures, but they had no idea when they'd be getting them in.

Wish I had something more exciting to report, but I'm afraid that's it for this week. I'll be moving into Toronto next weekend, so the TRU at the Dufferin mall will likely be my main Lego source for the next several months.

No luck with figs in Toronto. I was at a Wal*Mart in the west end last week, and they hadn't gotten them yet, and the TRU at Yonge and Eg says they'll be getting them in September. BTW, at least at my TRU, Series 1 figs were in the "R" Zone, which is the video game section. I assume it'll be the same for Series 2.

I'll be moving into Toronto next weekend, so the TRU at the Dufferin will likely be my main Lego source for the next several months.

I worked there for three years. It really takes me back to think about :blush:

Brickset just reported that series 2 is avaliable in Wal-mart now. If you want them you better get going!

Where do they even keep the boxes? I've looked everywhere in the Toy Department. :wacko:

Brickset just reported that series 2 is avaliable in Wal-mart now. If you want them you better get going!

Dang, guess where I'm stopping tomorrow?

Any luck with series 2 minifigs anyone? default_sadnew.gif I've been hearing they won't be available in Canada until the first of September, but I keep checking my local TRU anyways.

Stopped in earlier today, they've restocked their selection of city sets somewhat since the sale. Despite the technic motorized excavator being recalled lots of places, they also had a number of copies of it in stock, along with the mobile crane and other technic sets. There was an employee who was opening up a fresh shipment of Lego and I asked about series 2 of the minifigures, but they had no idea when they'd be getting them in.

Nope, but- as said before, I;m getting plenty of luck with series 1. Hopefully I see them soon.

Indigo at Yonge and Eg has the Games in, including Hogwarts! The LEGO is in the kids section on the top floor.

I was in Burlington today, and found series 2! The Wal-Mart on Dundas had none, but the one on Fairview St. had them.

After about 45 min in the aisle looking at bar codes, I managed to get all 16.

They still had lots, but I doubt there will be a complete set. It took me to the second last one on the shelf to complete my set.

Good luck in your searches!

Edited by legomaniac83

I was in Burlington today, and found series 2! The Wal-Mart on Dundas had none, but the one on Fairview St. had them.

After about 45 min in the aisle looking at bar codes, I managed to get all 16.

They still had lots, but I doubt there will be a complete set. It took me to the second last one on the shelf to complete my set.

Good luck in your searches!

AWESOME news! I was starting to wonder if those suckers were EVER going to show up! :laugh:

Soooo...called two Wal-Mart stores near me last night and was told at one "Yup, we have about 400" and at another they said "Yeah, we've got about 80 of them."

Soooo...I figured I'd hit there first thing this morning...and I mean FIRST THING. Walked an hour to STC in the east end of Toronto (yes, I'm too cheap to pay bus fare if I can walk there) and found THREE BOXES of 'em on the shelf. Problem is, they'd been obviously picked-through already.

Sure enough, not ONE Spartan in the bunch. Another "barcode bandit" had beaten me to them. And worst of all, the stock dude in the toy section said "That's all we have.' Far cry from 400, yes?

Soooo...I walked ANOTHER hour to the other Wal-Mart (Agincourt Mall) and not only did they have none out, they didn't know what I was talking about. So, I pulled out a fig from STC, they scanned the barcode and said "Well, it appears we have 120 of them," BUT, they couldn't find them ANYWHERE (and they looked for an hour, while I waited).

Soooo...by the time I got home, I'd been on my feet for five hours, walking for over three of those hours and came home with ZERO Spartans for my efforts.

Hmph. :hmpf_bad:

Soooo...called two Wal-Mart stores near me last night and was told at one "Yup, we have about 400" and at another they said "Yeah, we've got about 80 of them."

Soooo...I figured I'd hit there first thing this morning...and I mean FIRST THING. Walked an hour to STC in the east end of Toronto (yes, I'm too cheap to pay bus fare if I can walk there) and found THREE BOXES of 'em on the shelf. Problem is, they'd been obviously picked-through already.

Sure enough, not ONE Spartan in the bunch. Another "barcode bandit" had beaten me to them. And worst of all, the stock dude in the toy section said "That's all we have.' Far cry from 400, yes?

Soooo...I walked ANOTHER hour to the other Wal-Mart (Agincourt Mall) and not only did they have none out, they didn't know what I was talking about. So, I pulled out a fig from STC, they scanned the barcode and said "Well, it appears we have 120 of them," BUT, they couldn't find them ANYWHERE (and they looked for an hour, while I waited).

Soooo...by the time I got home, I'd been on my feet for five hours, walking for over three of those hours and came home with ZERO Spartans for my efforts.

Hmph. :hmpf_bad:

Hmmm.... Thanks for clearing up that there aren't any to be found at Agincourt Mall, because that's my closest Wal-Mart. :tongue: So you checked everywhere in the store? Or just the toy section? Because some people say that in some stores, they have them near the cash registers.

BTW, do you live in Scarborough?

Edited by prateek

Neither TRU at Yonge and Eglinton or Dufferin Mall have them, BUT Wal Mart at Dufferin Mall does have four boxes of them, though they were extremely picked through. The most in a single box was 42, and the others had significantly less. I don't know about the Wal Mart on Lawrence - I called both yesterday before I went and was on hold with both for a total of 35 minutes...

Huh. Ii hope to get in to the city soon, to see if my nearest Wal-Mart has seires 2 yet... it'll probably still have series 1 though.

Huh. Ii hope to get in to the city soon, to see if my nearest Wal-Mart has seires 2 yet... it'll probably still have series 1 though.

really? My walmart had them for about a week and then they were all gone :cry_sad: but I got a few so I cant complain too much

Hmmm.... Thanks for clearing up that there aren't any to be found at Agincourt Mall, because that's my closest Wal-Mart. :tongue: So you checked everywhere in the store? Or just the toy section? Because some people say that in some stores, they have them near the cash registers.

BTW, do you live in Scarborough?

Man, I checked EVERYWHERE in that store and had the shift manager ripping up the stock room looking for them! :laugh: Their system said 120+ in stock but, they couldn't find them ANYWHERE.

And yes, I'm in Scarberia. :laugh: