Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Soft Opening for Yorkdale Mall in Toronto is scheduled for May 17. Grand Opening is scheduled for May 31. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. I'll be there on the last day of the Grand Opening (June 2) to help shred the jumbo build, assuming that they doing one since they usually do one with Grand Openings.

Another Store? wouldn't that make three stores and one discovery center?

Another Store? wouldn't that make three stores and one discovery center?

Basically; Yorkdale, Sherway Gardens, Fairview, and the Discovery Center out in Vaughan Mills.

Pretty justifiable considering Toronto's population.

Well, Montreal has 0 stores and a bigger population than many cities in the US who already have one or two Lego stores. /jealous

Toronto is only a 5 or so hour drive from Montreal, if you want to attend the grand opening.

Basically; Yorkdale, Sherway Gardens, Fairview, and the Discovery Center out in Vaughan Mills.

Pretty justifiable considering Toronto's population.

I would be fine with one in Kitchener/Waterloo

Well, Montreal has 0 stores and a bigger population than many cities in the US who already have one or two Lego stores. /jealous

That's probably because Lego hates the Montreal Canadiens, go Leafs go! I'm kidding but Lego is more important than hockey. *coughsimocscough*

That's probably because Lego hates the Montreal Canadiens, go Leafs go! I'm kidding but Lego is more important than hockey. *coughsimocscough*

Watching game 7 right now!!!

Well you can blame the American market and their business competition for that :P

Hello from Nova Scotia!

I have a question for any East Coasters/Maritimers...

Are there any Lego functions that happen anywhere around here? I always look with envy at people who go to Brickcon and the like... I would love to attend something like that. Or even find a couple fellow brick-heads who want to road trip to one? I wonder if I could somehow visit a jobsite in Ontario so I could call it a work trip and claim the mileage...

Yeah, as Si-MOCs said NovaLUG's pretty much it. They do a display at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic each year and occasionally some other minor things. I've heard that the LUG itself is fairly unorganized though, and they don't really do much in the way of meetings, shows, etc. Still, it'd be worth talking to them, I think they've attended Brickfete in the past.

Yorkdale Mall Lego Store Soft Opening has been bumped back a day. Store will open Saturday May 18.

Yorkdale Mall Lego Store Soft Opening has been bumped back a day. Store will open Saturday May 18.

Looks like Sunday May 19th now. I think there is a reason it is called "soft". :classic:

Should call them Sometime Openings. XD

Anyone have details on the Yorkdale grand opening? Will it be a 3 day affair like usual? I am deciding which day to go, and wondering if they are planning to offer something different each day.

Thanks!

May 31st- June 2nd. From what I've heard thus far, it'll be the standard shirt/minifigs/store set on different days with a $35 purchase. See you guys there!

I figure there might also be an issue with the Quebec Language Laws as well.

I figure there might also be an issue with the Quebec Language Laws as well.

Plus the fact that the US has almost 10 times the population of Canada, which is pretty much the reason their prices are significantly lower than ours. :/

Plus the fact that the US has almost 10 times the population of Canada, which is pretty much the reason their prices are significantly lower than ours. :/

Soon enough. I think you'll see Lego stores start to grow a little more world wide.

Edited by Rook

In case anyone was wondering, the new LOTR wave's now available at Walmart, so I assume you could also get them at Target, Toys'R'Us, etc.

Castle sets aren't in stock yet, though.

New castle sets were at Yorkdale Grand Opening this weekend. :)

In case anyone was wondering, the new LOTR wave's now available at Walmart, so I assume you could also get them at Target, Toys'R'Us, etc.

Castle sets aren't in stock yet, though.

Toys'R'Us has the new LotR & Castle stuff in, but Target has absolutely nothing new thus far... Heck, they aren't even stocking Series 10 of the Miifigures! (or at least, the Burlington stores aren't)

Had anyone outside of London seen 76003 at Walmart? Brickipedia says they've been out since May but I haven't found any.

Might have to wait till next time I go to Toronto to get one.

I've only seen them at the Lego Stores so far but I haven't really been looking anywhere else.

Thought I'd throw this out here, but it looks like Target stores are starting to put some selected Lego sets on Clearence, including the 2012 Star Wars TIE-Fighter & Platets Series 1 & 2... The TIE Fighter is down to about $46 while the Planets series are going for $5+change.