Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

You are mistaken.

I think I have some 'splaining to do. What I meant is that it only takes me 30 minutes to get to Eaton Centre from my house, which is in the north east part of Toronto. Assuming that sok117 lives a less than 2/3 the distance between my house and Eaton, taking 20 minutes to reach Sherway Gardens using TTC is too long.

There's a bus involved, so it bumps up the transit time. Although I assume yours does too, but going from bus to subway is faster than subway to bus [because your start time is adjusted]. I'm at Yonge and Bloor and it would take me probably 40 minutes to get to Sherway Gardens.

Either way, it's all hypothetical at this point. But an official Lego store anywhere in the GTA would be nice, because it'd cut down the costs of pick-a-brickin' online [i think].

[Dunno if this is news or not, but Walmart at Square One had some crazy deals: Echo Base, Crystal King and Magma Mech were 15 bucks, other stuff was on sale too.]

I've heard Abbotsford, BC. In and around the the June/July time-frame. I heard about this and Toronto back in July when Calgary opened.

Where did you "hear" Abbotsford? That would be sweet!

ToysRUs LEGO Sale: November 26 - December 2

1/2 Price Deals (while quantites last, no rainchecks)

•50% off LEGO Toy Story 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway $29.97 (reg.$59.99)

•50% off LEGO Toy Story 7789 Lotso’s Dump Truck $13.47 (reg.$26.99)

This Week’s Sale

•20% off ALL LEGO Prince of Persia

•25% off ALL LEGO Lights and Electronics

•$60 for 2 on ALL regular priced $39.99 LEGO (excludes Prince of Persia)

•$40 for 2 on ALL regular priced $27.99 LEGO (excludes Prince of Persia)

Individual LEGO City Sets Sale

•8404 Public Transport Station $119.97 (reg.$139.99)

•7642 Garage $109.97 (reg.$129.99)

•7641 City Corner $63.97 (reg.$79.99)

Edited by BlueDragonZ

ToysRUs LEGO Sale: November 26 - December 2

1/2 Price Deals (while quantites last, no rainchecks)

•50% off LEGO Toy Story 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway $29.97 (reg.$59.99)

•50% off LEGO Toy Story 7789 Lotso’s Dump Truck $13.47 (reg.$26.99)

This Week’s Sale

•20% off ALL LEGO Prince of Persia

•25% off ALL LEGO Lights and Electronics

•$60 for 2 on ALL regular priced $39.99 LEGO (excludes Prince of Persia)

•$40 for 2 on ALL regular priced $27.99 LEGO (excludes Prince of Persia)

Individual LEGO City Sets Sale

•8404 Public Transport Station $119.97 (reg.$139.99)

•7642 Garage $109.97 (reg.$129.99)

•7641 City Corner $63.97 (reg.$79.99)

Can't find the 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway in like 5 different Toys R Us that I have called/checked :( . Seriously, half-price is the only way that set doesn't seem like a rip-off. The original MSRP of $60 is absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: Found a set finally at Yonge & Eglinton Toys R Us.

Edited by Canada_7

Can't find the 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway in like 5 different Toys R Us that I have called/checked :( . Seriously, half-price is the only way that set doesn't seem like a rip-off. The original MSRP of $60 is absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: Found a set finally at Yonge & Eglinton Toys R Us.

There were quite a few at the Dufferin Mall Toys R Us this afternoon. Also, in the Walmart along the back wall was a big stack of Gateway of the Squid [8161] that scanned at 10 bucks. Mind-blowing! If I had more capacity it'd almost be worth getting 2.

Here's a funny story: I called Yonge and Eglinton this morning, asking for 7599. They gave me some lady and I was like, "Hi, I'd like to see if there's a Lego set in stock," and she said "Yeah okay I'll check," and put me on hold right away. She came back and said, "Oh, no, we don't have that." I asked "Which set?" and she was like, "Uh, I give you to someone else." But it was good, because it sent me to the Dirty Duff, where the Squid set was, so it worked out.

There were quite a few at the Dufferin Mall Toys R Us this afternoon. Also, in the Walmart along the back wall was a big stack of Gateway of the Squid [8161] that scanned at 10 bucks. Mind-blowing! If I had more capacity it'd almost be worth getting 2.

Here's a funny story: I called Yonge and Eglinton this morning, asking for 7599. They gave me some lady and I was like, "Hi, I'd like to see if there's a Lego set in stock," and she said "Yeah okay I'll check," and put me on hold right away. She came back and said, "Oh, no, we don't have that." I asked "Which set?" and she was like, "Uh, I give you to someone else." But it was good, because it sent me to the Dirty Duff, where the Squid set was, so it worked out.

Aww. Lucky you. All my local Walmart have it at $30 still.

P.S. It's 8061 not 8161

P.S. It's 8061 not 8161

Nards, you're right! Hey, I'm easing myself into the code system. I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Now to find someone who would love to give that Jessie minifigure a new home [i have little use for her].

Was just on toysrus.ca and all of the Pharaoh's Quest and new Police sets have disappeared!

They were there all weekend but have gone 'poof' this morning. Not even a 'category listing' for PQ anymore and a search under that name brings up no results. Very odd.

for those in calgary the lego store has all of the new pharaoh's quest sets, all of the new racers, all of the new creater, and angler attack, and sea bed strider. they are getting the city, and rest of the atlantis tomorrow!

tru does not have them all yet.

for those in calgary the lego store has all of the new pharaoh's quest sets, all of the new racers, all of the new creater, and angler attack, and sea bed strider. they are getting the city, and rest of the atlantis tomorrow!

tru does not have them all yet.

Yeah, no kidding! They had all except the 'flying mummies' set...THE ONE I MOST WANTED! :angry:

Yeah, no kidding! They had all except the 'flying mummies' set...THE ONE I MOST WANTED! :angry:

what do you mean they had all but ... when i called at 1:00 they said that they had the flying mummie attack.

what do you mean they had all but ... when i called at 1:00 they said that they had the flying mummie attack.

Didn't have it online over the weekend and when I checked this morning, all the PQ sets were MIA, as were the new Police sets.

I posted this in the review thread for the Pizza Planet Truck Rescue but I'll post it here too:

Bump...does anyone know where I can get 7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue in Canada? I know in the US it's a Target exclusive or something if I remember correctly but doesn't that usually translate to Zellers here in Canada (ie. the case with the 8403 Family Home I think)? S@H also has this on sale but is currently out of stock too...The main reason I want this set is mostly for the Rex figure and a little bit the Ham minifigure. I did a bit of calling around to some Zellers locations earlier but none of them seemed to carry it.

Edited by Canada_7

I posted this in the review thread for the Pizza Planet Truck Rescue but I'll post it here too:

Bump...does anyone know where I can get 7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue in Canada? I know in the US it's a Target exclusive or something if I remember correctly but doesn't that usually translate to Zellers here in Canada (ie. the case with the 8403 Family Home I think)? S@H also has this on sale but is currently out of stock too...The main reason I want this set is mostly for the Rex figure and a little bit the Ham minifigure. I did a bit of calling around to some Zellers locations earlier but none of them seemed to carry it.

I've been wondering the same thing! I missed out on it Friday when LEGO.com did their first day of sales and no place else around here seems to carry it (and I want if for the same reasons you do! LOL).

Series three minifigures are starting to pop up here and there, and I've missed both series 1 and 2, but this time I'm gonna be on the ball. Any sightings yet in the frozen north, and if you do spot them soon, be sure to share with your fellow cannuks!

Series three minifigures are starting to pop up here and there, and I've missed both series 1 and 2, but this time I'm gonna be on the ball. Any sightings yet in the frozen north, and if you do spot them soon, be sure to share with your fellow cannuks!

Where in Canada are you? There's a tonne of Series 2 kicking around here still [Toronto]. Or at least there was on Saturday.

But I haven't seen Series 3 anywhere yet.

Where in Canada are you? There's a tonne of Series 2 kicking around here still [Toronto]. Or at least there was on Saturday.

But I haven't seen Series 3 anywhere yet.

I'm in Toronto, what store and where?

I know Lasting Toys in Mississauga has (or had) some Series 2 left. Most Wal-Marts had them as well. Also saw them at some Chapters locations.

I missed the Series 1 figs in-store, but some TRU and WM did have them.

For those in the Toronto area, I managed to get a complete set of sealed Series 1 off of Kijiji last week for $50 even (cheaper than retail!). The person I got them from had tons left too of both Series 1 & 2.

Happy Hunting!

Edited by legomaniac83

You can also try Mastermind Toys in Toronto and surrounding area. I got a couple Series 2 from them. Series 2 don't seem to be going as fast as Series 1. They also have them available for online order.

Indigo in the Eaton Centre has a metric butt-load upstairs. Also, as said above, Mastermind [at least the one on Mt. Pleasant] had a bunch too. If you don't care about expense, you could go to Toys Toys Toys, but they'll overcharge the pants offa you.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Check Mastermind. Last time I talked to them, they still had quite a few series two left, especially the Markham store and their website (www.mastermindtoys.com) is selling them "buy three, get the fourth free".

....If you don't care about expense, you could go to Toys Toys Toys, but they'll overcharge the pants offa you.

You said it! I was in that store at Square One yesterday and couldn't believe how much their Lego was. When I left I kept wondering why anyone would buy anything from there. Prices were ridiculous.

If anyone is looking for the minfigure LED flashlights, key chain lights and lanterns from LAST YEAR (the non-City-theme ones), I noticed yesterday that they seem to be back at TRU in Toronto.

I was over at Cedarbrae Mall and they had quite a pile of them (in addition to SOME of the City ones). This must be a new shipment, because the previous times that I had been at that location looking for these items, all they had in stock was the Dynamo 'crank light' flashlight.