Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

i'm canadian, was born in winnipeg (pooh was from there) Manatoba, but i live in the east coast USA.

Anyone watch the canadian financed and directed digrassi?

MATT

No I have not watched degrassi.

Is it a okay show?

CANADA ON!

i'm canadian, was born in winnipeg (pooh was from there) Manatoba,
I hope you mean the bear :tongue: .

But anyway,I'm Canadian,and proud of it.One thing that I don't understand is why everyone says America is SSSOOOO great,yet Canada is LOADS better.I'm also glad that Lego decided to give Canada the 09 sets early this year :classic: .(I actually nabbed two Glatorians on the 2nd right before the Boxing day sales were going out :grin: )

And yes,I do watch Corner Gas,and no,I don't watch Degrassi.

Im a canadian .I come from british columbia and live on vancouver island. The local lego sellers here kinda suck , and thats pretty much it.

I love being canadian and i would never wanna live anywhere else (except for legoland :tongue: )

Does anyone know why there are no lego stores or legoland's in canada,the closest lego store to me is across the water ,over the border ,and near seatle :sceptic: .

I'm not Canadian, but I would like to visit. A friend I had when I was very young was Canadian, but he moved back. I can't blame him, the US being as lousy as it is. I'd really like to visit him.

Degrassi!?!? :sick: I hate that. I had no idea it was Candian. Weird show, is it considered a soap opera (shudder)?

I'd rather bathe in Megabloks ( :sick: ) than watch any soap opera.

It's too bad it sounds like there's a LEGO shortage up in Canada... Well, it kind of makes sense due to the fact that it is Megabloks county of origin.

Does anyone out there watch the canadian tv show Corner Gas?

Watch it, AND love it. :tongue:

No, but my friends cousin is one of the actors (forget who)

Ya, I hate the fact that M-B is Canadian. Half the TRU "Construction toy" aisles are M-B :sick:.

BTW, for you GTAers, in Missasauga, there is a great little LEGO store called Lasting Toys. They also have a Bricklink store, so you can search them there. They are very friendly, and have many old sets there.

Yay fellow cg watchers.

I know brent butt and nancy robertson!

I love you canadian wannabes out there.

I think we should get a group going like citizens and knights.

Go Canada plus Corner Gas!

I just picked up the last two Clone Walker battle packs at TRU on Broadway (Vancouver). Nice little sets. Best thing about them is that the assessories for the Clone commander are now Black instead of grey. I much prefer the two black blasters to the old grey ones. :thumbup:

Oh and as for our Health care for all. Be prepared to wait. I am currently having to deal with all those long lines and wait lists right now. Very frustrating to say the least. However, I am still grateful to have our health care system. It still works, just a little slowly. :hmpf_bad:

I just picked up the last two Clone Walker battle packs at TRU on Broadway (Vancouver). Nice little sets. Best thing about them is that the assessories for the Clone commander are now Black instead of grey. I much prefer the two black blasters to the old grey ones. :thumbup:

Oh and as for our Health care for all. Be prepared to wait. I am currently having to deal with all those long lines and wait lists right now. Very frustrating to say the least. However, I am still grateful to have our health care system. It still works, just a little slowly. :hmpf_bad:

Lucky :hmpf_bad:

*Gasps*The-toy-company-that-shall-not-be-named is Canadian?!We're too awesome for them.

Aah, Quebec doesn't really count as much as Alberta does it? :tongue:

Thok, do you know if TRU has any new Pirates or battle packs yet?

Edited by hewkii9

Don't worry all you Canadian lads... no one is perfect :tongue:

I spent some time freezing in your country when I was younger, great sledding but I never got used to shoveling football pitches before training.

God Bless,

Nathan

Aah, Quebec doesn't really could as much as Alberta does it? :tongue:

Thok, do you know if TRU has any new Pirates or battle packs yet?

My local tru has pirates and HAD bp's.

Sadly the bp's are sold out :cry_sad:

We have tones of pirates though :grin:

Bah, East Coast is where it's at, boyo. :tongue:

yeaaaaaaah boyyyyyyyyy toronto counts as east right? TOO MUCH SNOW and megabloks!!!!!!! lego tooo expensive!!!! but canadas cool (literally)

BTW if ur tru doesnt have the lego ur looking for, complain :thumbup::cannon:

Edited by prateek

My TRU has all new sets - minus bps, Indy and Pirate impulses. :classic:

No battlepacks? Darn, I really wanted to get a black clone skirt.

My TRU has all new sets - minus bps, Indy and Pirate impulses. :classic:

Our local TRU has virtually no LEGO if you don't count Bionicle. Even if you do they have MAYBE 20% of the amount they have normally. An entire "wall" of shelves that are normally LEGO has been partially-filled with non-LEGO products so the shelves don't look empty.

BTW for Corner Gas Fans: I have chewed gum, not read a comic book, not gone for a run and not eaten any licorice so far this year. Not that any of those were on MY resolutions list.

BTW for Corner Gas Fans: I have chewed gum, not read a comic book, not gone for a run and not eaten any licorice so far this year. Not that any of those were on MY resolutions list.

Can't wait for tonights episode: Brent takes guitar (all those years in ThunderFace he never knew how to play guitar?)

Anyways the Canadian toyfair brings us first pics :grin:

~Oh Canada

i'm canadian, was born in winnipeg (pooh was from there) Manatoba, but i live in the east coast USA.

MATT

No I have not watched degrassi.

Is it a okay show?

CANADA ON!

It be a bad show. There are overtoned christians, an inasane nerd that killed a guy and made another a parapoligec (sorry if i spelled it wrong) That comes back from the dead, and other stuff that makes it a terrible soap. i give it a 0 and a half out of ten.

This just in: I spoke with a representative for Lego Canada - three large shipments across the country (we're talking thousands of sets) are backed up - TLG didn't prepare for spring demand. Much of what was being sent has been forced to be used to fulfill S@H orders. Bummer.

Thought I would keep our thread going with some Canadian sale news.

First off TRU is having a 25% off sale starting on Feb 6th. You have to buy 2 or more sets and it is valid on all Power Miners, Starwars, Pirates and City. I believe this should be Canada wide.

Second your MMV but Walmart has the Sponge Bob boating school on for $10. I couldn't even pass that up. My store has a whole endcap full of them. I might just go back for some more.

As for the Lego back up. I can believe it. I was just at a Lego store in the states recently and I think even they are having trouble with stock. Very few of the new sets available. I found more variety at the TRU down there. I just was not going to pay the higher prices. :angry:

Also my local independant toystore has been waiting for thier Lego shipment for almost a month now. Too bad as I like to give him the business.

Cheers! :classic:

CD's Solar Sailer is $75. . . . . . .For 385 peices.*Twitches*

I am so glad that I had a rewards card from the Lego store for the solar sailer. I never would have bought it if I didn't.

$75 is too much. :hmpf_bad:

I am so glad that I had a rewards card from the Lego store for the solar sailer. I never would have bought it if I didn't.

$75 is too much. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah. . . . . . .That probably means that I'm not going to get it unless it goes on sale :cry_sad: .(Well thats what birthdays are for,right? :tongue::grin::tongue: )

CD's Solar Sailer is $75. . . . . . .For 385 peices.*Twitches*

What the frak

Oh well, I suppose I'll have to get the new hair and the lightsaber handle off Bricklink. Now my money can go straight to the Medieval Market Village.