Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Friday July 22nd is their last day. They are selling the store shelving and displays too. One of Brick Adjuster's recent Brickfete YouTube video showed his wife there with the kids on the Brickfete weekend. They had some shots of what's on the shelves.

Ahh well, I won't be able to make it out to Sauga by then. All the best to them then.

Saw this thread, visited last night.

For the second last day of shopping, there wasn't many really good deals to be had. City is 30%, Creator 20% off. They have a Mixer and a Ferris wheel IIRC. For city it's slim pickings, Fire Copter, Fire engine, Fire car, Swamp Police. Creator, there's none of the sets that retail for $30-150 that I can recall. No trains. There's some Star Wars and a bunch of odds 'n ends. My phone was out of battery so no pics.

I bought:

2 packs of 3 9V wires.

IR Receiver for $17

Fire Engine $22

Fire Car $10

2 packs of 10 blue train doors for $8 ea

1 pack of dogs (5 in a pack) for about $2.50 or something.

The up to 75% off claims are a little exaggerated in my opinion.

Disappointing to see them close up shop. It's so hard to operate as an independent selling Lego. They have incredible control and leverage on the market!

Just wanted to drop by here and say that while I do not currently reside in Canada, I am a proud Canadian.

Just picked up Banana Guy (CMF Series 16) at Mastermind Toys in Cambridge, Ontario. So easy to pick out that banana suit! :-)

They said that they just got in a new shipment of LEGO yesterday. They are fully stocked from what I can tell.

x105Black ---> "Just wanted to drop by here and say that while I do not currently reside in Canada, I am a proud Canadian."

And I just want to say that if the weather keeps heating up around here like it has for last few years... I'll be a Canadian by the end of the decade! :laugh:

Edited by Rotundus

Anyone know where you can get the Lego Reindeer polybag 30474 in Canada?  I think it's a Target exclusive in the US.

Walmart has had something each of the last few years but it doesn't look like they're advertising anything this year.  I guess we just have to hope Lego shop@home has a good deal or two.

Black Fridays in Canada are typically a let down and I've almost never seen anything decent on sale at shop@home. Best sales I typically find are at ToyRUs. Currently there are tons of themes at 20% until tomorrow I think. I don't know what discounted gems the weekend might bring.

Got an email from LEGO with the following info for tomorrow:

IN STORES ONLY: Save up to 50% off on Doorbuster Sale Items! While supplies last.

21006 The White House
    44122 Adventure Camp Tree House
    40158 Pirates Chess Set

Toys r US does a 40% on some sets, 20% on City and angry birds. Bionicles leftovers are also 40% off. 

Also if you spend more than a 100 bucks they give you a 15$ gift card. 

A LOT of minecraft sets on sale too, I wonder why... :)

I also searched wide and far for some cheap starwars and it aint happening this year.

Edited by RetroInferno

Anyone still around from the old EB days - just logged in for the first time in 5 years lol.  Seems the community is dead or maybe its migrated?

54 minutes ago, sok117 said:

Anyone still around from the old EB days - just logged in for the first time in 5 years lol.  Seems the community is dead or maybe its migrated?

Welcome back.  ToroLUG is still around.  We'll be doing a new AFOL convention in Toronto (Bricks in the Six).

Thanks for the response.  I'll be sure to check out the convention :)

On 6/4/2019 at 10:26 PM, dr_spock said:

Welcome back.  ToroLUG is still around.  We'll be doing a new AFOL convention in Toronto (Bricks in the Six).

Bummer I am going to miss this...looks great though.

Costco.ca has 42099 LEGO Technic 4×4 X-treme Off Roader for $240. Normally retails for $300 so its savings of 20% off. Free shipping. You don't have to be Costco member. 

Alright funny Canadian story here:

Okay so a couple days ago I got a scam call from Toronto, so I answer just for fun, anyways I hear the automated voice tell me that there’s a warrant for my arrest because my package has been detained at Pearson because it has “illegal components”, my first thought was: “aw crap they found the white Lego bricks”