Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

The Wal-Mart in Ancaster has Series 13 Minifigs. There were 11 or 12 full boxes on the shelf Saturday night. I managed to feel out a complete set easily. Good luck!

All the 2015 sets are out at Mastermind Toys, finally got Bionicle!

Hah, beat me to it! Yeah, they've got 2015 sets.

Target is closing all their stores in Canada. Let's hope for some LEGO on clearance!

With the way they stock the shelves? I'd rather have Zellers back.

Good riddance.

Good riddance.

LOL!

Target is closing all their stores in Canada. Let's hope for some LEGO on clearance!

A friend of mine from my LUG went, the deals were meh. The LEGO movie 2-in-1 vehicles were about 30% off. I think there were one or two other deals worth noting, but they weren't very good.

Yeah, my first thought was "yay, sales!" and then i realized they hardly have any LEGO on the shelves anyway. :angry:

Before they opened I was thinking they would become my main source of common LEGO sets. The reality of their pathetic operation was that I never once bought ANY from them.

Yeah, my first thought was "yay, sales!" and then i realized they hardly have any LEGO on the shelves anyway. :angry:

Before they opened I was thinking they would become my main source of common LEGO sets. The reality of their pathetic operation was that I never once bought ANY from them.

I bought the special edition Hobbit DVD from there. That was it. Can you believe they never once carried the MARVEL Legends Spiderman figures either? I was so annoyed, since in America that was the main place to get them.

I've only ever bought polybags there. There were some US exclusives that made there way up here every holiday so that was a nice bonus. The Targets near me are well stocked, but I have a feeling they will be gone at the first 25% clearance. Always happens with liquidations - Lego hardly gets to the 30-40% stage before its all gobbled up.

It sounds like they won't be marking things down for at least 2 weeks, but who knows what stock they'll have.

I have no idea what is going on at TRU, the one I've been to has no Friends sets and it's been like that since new years.

I have no idea what is going on at TRU, the one I've been to has no Friends sets and it's been like that since new years.

It's weird, the same thing at my TRU. Nothing new, except for Bionicle Onua. So far, Mastermind Toys is the only place with new products from what I've seen. Nothing at my Walmart either, but Series 13 minifigs.

Good riddance.

I agree! Zellers was so much better! But the one time I went to Target Canada the shelves were full and they had a lot of new sets, but that was when they just came to Canada so I guess they went downhill after that!

So is anyone going to check out Target's liquidation sales starting Thursday?

Did they get court approval already to proceed with liquidation?

Toysrus.ca have a $10 off $40 purchase coupon. Works on LEGO below $129.99. Coupon code is CineplexHoliday. Use it during checkout

Do you know how long this is good for? I cant find the info on the site

Do you know how long this is good for? I cant find the info on the site

Sorry forgot to put that in, the expiry date is March 31, 2015

Target Canada Liquidation - LEGO 20% off. Seems to be the same discount across all target stores for wave 1

Our own spot Eh? Love it!

I am in Vancouver and I always find great lego sales at London Drugs out here. Has to be the best deals. In the same breath , I am very close to a Lego store and I hit the pic-a-brick wall constantly!

Went to Target today but they had no Lego, a staff member I spoke to said they shipped them all out before the liquidation sale.

^ that s why Target failed. They never stocked or sold LEGO the way they do in the states. Well, it is one of the reasons I almost never shopped there. :wink:

I'm not going to bother with the Target liquidation. I scoped out the place before they started clearance and they had next to nothing. 10 - 20% off is nothing special. Usually London Drugs has all of their Lego marked down like that for a few months around Christmas.

I went to TRU in Calgary the other day and a large portion of their lego sets were marked down by 20%. Picked up the Cargo train for $183.

Hey guys,

I'm working in Boston for a few months now and I was wondering if it is actually worth buying Lego here.

Is it actually considerably cheaper?

Hey guys,

I'm working in Boston for a few months now and I was wondering if it is actually worth buying Lego here.

Is it actually considerably cheaper?

Sales tax is 6.25% in Massasschusetts (used to be 5% when I lived there). LEGO pricing appears to 20%-30% less than Canadian pricing. There are 3 LEGO stores plus a LDC down there if I recall. You'll have to do the exchange rate conversion math and see how it turn out compared to buying in your province. I got my sister to buy 8258 for me and she didn't have to pay duty. Your mileage may vary.

I was curious about Target, so I decided to pop in yesterday...the place was a disaster.

They were completely sold out of LEGO, not one set in store. Lots of things were pushed up to the front of the store. I never thought people would go crazy over 10-20% off. :sceptic:

I think they sent all their Lego back to the States before the sale, according to one user here who had that happen at his store. It probably must've happened with other locations as well.

My local Target still has Lego (about as much as they normally had pre-liquidation: several City, Starwars, Chima, Lego Movie, and Friends/Princess sets are still on the shelves). The most interesting thing is that there are still (as of last night) three full-ish boxes of Series 13 Minifigures available.