Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Has anyone been able to find a lot of stuff at Target on clearance? It seems like the US Target almost always has a huge variety of items on clearance, yet up here I can never find anything at all.

I think it depends where you are. Folks in Mississauga and Brampton, ON seem to have some good clearance deals. There is nothing good at my local Target or Walmart for that matter.

I think it depends where you are. Folks in Mississauga and Brampton, ON seem to have some good clearance deals. There is nothing good at my local Target or Walmart for that matter.

That's very strange, I live in Brampton as well, yet the only significant deal was the Garmatron that was on sale for $15, which didn't even survive the weekend. After that it is a rare sight to find something on clearance.

Yes, it's been long overdue, hasn't it? Does anyone have their eyes on the Rocket Racoon minifigure?

I wish it was available online! I live in Peterborough and the closest TRU is in Oshawa which is a 30 minute drive away. Not worth it unless I'm buying a lot!

There are too many AFOLs, TFOLs and eBay professionals in Victoria. Every store (Target, Wally World, TRU) get cleaned out of LEGO anything on a regular basis. If you want a collectible minifig in this town you have to be down there the day there are put on the shelves.

There are too many AFOLs, TFOLs and eBay professionals in Victoria. Every store (Target, Wally World, TRU) get cleaned out of LEGO anything on a regular basis. If you want a collectible minifig in this town you have to be down there the day there are put on the shelves.

:(

I thought we Canadians were supposed to be nice people.... I NEVER empty a box of CMFs, not just because I can't afford it, but because that's a jerk move. Plus I always give away ones I've found that people are looking for when I ask them....

Has anyone been able to find a lot of stuff at Target on clearance? It seems like the US Target almost always has a huge variety of items on clearance, yet up here I can never find anything at all.

For me, they're few and far between. But I am grateful for what I do find. On a related note, Target has had some random price cuts on LEGO sets over the last few months (can't remember if it's been discussed in this thread) — including the Imperial Star Destroyer, which was about $108 if I remember correctly, and this happened shortly after its release.

But you're right about the US having more deals. I remember seeing that someone found a new Guardians set on clearance.

Edited by Fritzy

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try searching the thread and didn't spot this...

Has anyone ordered from Lego online? I assumed it was shipping from Canada as I was on the Cdn side but my set shipped from the US with FedEX. Will I be charged duty? (I was already a bit miffed since I live close to Vancouver and like to ship things to the US but Lego.com didn't like a Cdn billing address and an American shipping address so it cancelled my less expensive order.) I wanted to get double points before the end of the month and the store said the set I wanted might not be back in stock for a few weeks.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try searching the thread and didn't spot this...

Has anyone ordered from Lego online? I assumed it was shipping from Canada as I was on the Cdn side but my set shipped from the US with FedEX. Will I be charged duty? (I was already a bit miffed since I live close to Vancouver and like to ship things to the US but Lego.com didn't like a Cdn billing address and an American shipping address so it cancelled my less expensive order.) I wanted to get double points before the end of the month and the store said the set I wanted might not be back in stock for a few weeks.

No duty charged on my order last month. The distribution center is in the US.

I thought we Canadians were supposed to be nice people.... I NEVER empty a box of CMFs, not just because I can't afford it, but because that's a jerk move. Plus I always give away ones I've found that people are looking for when I ask them....

We are. Just remember Vimy Ridge,

"Can we please have this hill, and may you please die while we take it. Thank you so much! And sorry for the inconvenience." Love Canada :wink:

Okay, I'll stop worrying about duty. It wouldn't make much financial sense to shop at the cdn s@h if we did get charged even more.

Emailed one of the local stores and was told they might be getting some research institutes in Tuesday's shipment.

At Costco Canada (not the website) I got the Grand Prix Racer at 99$

Was VERY happy :)!

Now if they can sell the Volvo at 180$... :D

Edited by Mikuri

Found this little guy in the Christmas-stocking-stuffer section of Target this week :sweet:

30197-1.jpg

We are. Just remember Vimy Ridge,

"Can we please have this hill, and may you please die while we take it. Thank you so much! And sorry for the inconvenience." Love Canada :wink:

:cry_happy:

"Oh, also please have a great day!"

Edited by Jared

Hey people are nice and even if there is a small crowd everyone helps other finding specific characters. There is just such a demand that it seems to fly off the shelves. I was in Walmart when the new series was first released and they had like ten open boxes on the end cap. Went back a few days later and not one single box or fig left. :(

I think Victoria retailers simply cannot or will not get enough stock to meet demand.

And then I see notices on FB (or somewhere) saying that they are on clearance in some Target stores in the US for $1.25 each!!!!

Found this little guy in the Christmas-stocking-stuffer section of Target this week :sweet:

30197-1.jpg

Thanks for the unintended reminder for me to keep an eye out for this!

30197-1.jpg

Thanks for the unintended reminder for me to keep an eye out for this!

Yes thanks for the heads up! Went to Target tonight and they had about 30 in the Christmas section. They also had a few 30300 Tumber and 30187 Fast Car Polybags on the pegs near the cash.

Edited by legomaniac83

I've ordered from shop.lego.com many, many, MANY times over the years and I've never been charged 'duty' of any sort.

Anyone know if the LEGO stores in Canada will have good "Brick Friday" deals? I will be in Vancouver next week at a conference!

Anyone know if the LEGO stores in Canada will have good "Brick Friday" deals? I will be in Vancouver next week at a conference!

I was just in the store (in Surrey) and asked about this...they said there would be promos but weren't sure what beyond the second holiday set. The staff seemed to think that double points won't happen again until next spring :(

That's pretty sad :( I would have liked some discount or something xD

Let's hope the stores TRU / Costco and the others will have great deals.

Did anyone else take advantage of Double VIP points, Free Shipping and the free Holiday Set today?

Also, I was actually wondering how long PAB Online Orders take to arrive? Because I know they have to come from Denmark as well as being hand-packed so I was just curious if anyone with experience knows how long it usually takes.

Did anyone else take advantage of Double VIP points, Free Shipping and the free Holiday Set today?

Also, I was actually wondering how long PAB Online Orders take to arrive? Because I know they have to come from Denmark as well as being hand-packed so I was just curious if anyone with experience knows how long it usually takes.

Here's my recent experience with PAB Online.

PAB order placed on 10/26.

Shipped on 10/28.

Received on 11/13.