Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

:cry_sad: I missed out on the clearanced LoTR Pirate Ship (local Target)... I saw it, was undecided, went back a few days later to get it, and it was gone... oh well, I didn't reeeaaalllly need it...

Anyways, I noticed that Target had the Creator Fast Car and Batman Tumbler polybags up near the checkout (with the chocolate bars and small gimmick-y stuff)... another place to keep an eye out for polys.

Edit:

Oh, one other interesting thing, I found two of the the DK Harry Potter lego books (with the exclusive minifigs) at Dollarama for $3 each.

More details on the DK Harry potter book at dollarama please. Which locations and where in the store. Thanks

Which Target did you find them at if you don't mind me asking?

More details on the DK Harry potter book at dollarama please. Which locations and where in the store. Thanks

Both stores are in Kingston (ON) - I was quite surprised in both instances, the Lego section in Target is often half empty, and I had given up on finding any good deals there until the recent sale (but still didn't get anything lol); and I was picking up a colouring book at the Dollarama, and the Harry Potter books (the 'character' one and the 'building the magical world' one) were there with the rest of the books (there was only two of the first book, and one of the second).

Hey dudes, how was Brickfete this year?

Were you able to attend? The new location is much better than last year's. Lots of awesome MOCs. Had a ball in the GBC area with Iain H. :classic:

Did you all see that Toys R Us has a month-long sale on LEGO? It's only 20% off as far as I know, but it's notable that it includes the Movie sets. Granted, this does not include sets from the newest wave, and the deal on the Rescue Reinforcements set isn't great because it goes by their gouged price of 99.99.

Were you able to attend? The new location is much better than last year's. Lots of awesome MOCs. Had a ball in the GBC area with Iain H. :classic:

Nope, never been. Something always pops up the same weekend as the event. This year was it was my cousin's wedding. :classic:

Nice! It's fun to see a Canadian specific discussion thread. I'm really only just getting into Lego again, and the Lego Store recently opened in Laval has been an absolute godsend. They're just the friendliest, most helpful folks ever.

Is there anyone else on here in Montréal? :D

Nope, never been. Something always pops up the same weekend as the event. This year was it was my cousin's wedding. :classic:

Next year public days are July 4 & 5. It is a week earlier due to Pan Am Games in Toronto. It is Brickfete 5th year. Plan now. Maybe we'll finally get to meet you. :classic:

For anyone interested in the TMNT movie sets, Best Buy has Turtle Lair Invasion for $95, well below the CDN MSRP and even a bit less than the US price of $99.

Hey dudes, how was Brickfete this year?

Twas Fantastic! I wasn't an exhibitor this year but I loaded up on BrickArms and am now about $100 - $150 poorer!

The MOCs were also great, my favourite had to have been the Minifigure Habitats... or the airport... or the castles... need I go on? :wink:

The Toys 'r Us in Burlington has a few of the Chima Spider Crawler poly bags. Hopefully other stores have them as well!

I picked-up 4 of them today, and it is such a cute little build! :wub:

Even if you're not really a Chima fan at all, I recommend this set as it's only $5 and looks adorable!

My local Costco got some Lego sets! Ninjacopter and LEGO City sets for pretty good deals. I only remember the Ninjacopter being $56.99, not sure about the others.

Edited by EZNetwork

Speaking of polybags, Toys R Us is offering Mikey's Mini Shellraiser next week for free with $30 (min) purchases in TMNT sets.

Edited by Fritzy

For those who might not want to spend on the TMNT sets, odds are all the extras they don't give away will end up in the little shelf racks alongside the other promo polybags the following week...

Yes, it's been long overdue, hasn't it? Does anyone have their eyes on the Rocket Racoon minifigure?

Yes, it's been long overdue, hasn't it? Does anyone have their eyes on the Rocket Racoon minifigure?

I went this morning, they had loads, but wouldn't sell them to me separate... I asked 3 different people...

I went this morning, they had loads, but wouldn't sell them to me separate... I asked 3 different people...

Doesn't surprise me. I'd imagine the same rule applies for the mini modular buildings, although I did read of someone being able to buy them straight on their own.

I got my Rocket minifig - had my boyfriend who works nights get it after his shift on Friday since the store expected them to be gone by that night. Store 2 was soldout the next morning but store 3 still had some.

The one place I asked about the mini modular said they were gone the first day.

Has anyone been able to find a lot of stuff at Target on clearance? It seems like the US Target almost always has a huge variety of items on clearance, yet up here I can never find anything at all.