Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Do you guys know more about the opening dates for the carrefour laval and pointe-Claire stores?

Is anyone planing to go to the openings?

I'm looking not so often at the Facebook page of the Carrefour Laval's since the lady told me it'll be announced on it when the opening will be set. And there's nothing about it yet.

But she told me it is confirmed there will be one in spring.

I'm looking not so often at the Facebook page of the Carrefour Laval's since the lady told me it'll be announced on it when the opening will be set. And there's nothing about it yet.

But she told me it is confirmed there will be one in spring.

From my experience with the Yorkdale Grand Opening they usually know about 2-3 week window in which the store is going to open but they don't set a firm date until just a few weeks/days prior. Mainly because it all comes down to the contractors installing the floors, shelves, etc. Which depending on the company and location can flex a few days. Thus they'll say Spring 2014, knowing that they'll open up somewhere between the April 30 - May 31, all depending on contractors. So most likely you'll know the grand opening date about 4-6 weeks prior at the earliest.

Do you guys know more about the opening dates for the carrefour laval and pointe-Claire stores?

Is anyone planing to go to the openings?

I've read late March/early April from a couple of blogs for the one at Carrefour Laval; no exact date yet though. So if it's true, we can expect an announcement very soon, maybe even in a few days. :)

I live in Ottawa, about 2 hours away, and we still don't have a Lego store yet, so I might make the drive there to check it out. Or maybe until they've both opened so I can visit both in one trip.

Hey all. I've never been to a Lego store (what with being from SK and all that) and was wondering of it'll be worth the drive when we're going to be in N Edmonton in a couple of weeks? I'm not looking for anything in particular, so am a little afraid of leaving with a truckload of impulse buys if the selection is as good as I'm hoping. :-)

PaB Wall. Best thing about LEGO Stores. ;)

Hey all. I've never been to a Lego store (what with being from SK and all that) and was wondering of it'll be worth the drive when we're going to be in N Edmonton in a couple of weeks? I'm not looking for anything in particular, so am a little afraid of leaving with a truckload of impulse buys if the selection is as good as I'm hoping. :-)

It is worth at least for the experience of the Pick A Brick wall. While you're there, sign up for a LEGO VIP card if you don't have one. :classic:

Does anyone know what the actual criteria is for opening a store? Population? Traffic? Revenue possibilities?

Basically, what do you think the chances of seeing a store in Saskatchewan (population ~1.2 million) ... ever?

The drive to Calgary is worth the trip, but the cost of fuel is getting higher... :(

Basically, what do you think the chances of seeing a store in Saskatchewan (population ~1.2 million) ... ever?

Sorry, basically no chance in the near future. If that population number was entirely in one city then perhaps.

I feel your pain. They now have TWO stores practically next door to me in Vancouver but there is a small matter of a 1.5hr ferry ride between here and there.

I have been dropping by the Wal-Mart @ Uptown here in Victoria which is usually first in the area but no luck. Of course we are usually a week or more behind the rest of the country for some reason...damn ferries.

anybody find Simpsons minifigures here yet?

Where are you? Some of my LUG members found them at Walmarts in greater toronto area.

Lasting Toys (Mississauga, ON) just sent me the following email:

http://www.lastingtoys.com/

The Simpsons Minifigures

Simpsons minifigures are now available. Pick your own at $3.94 or if you are short on time or don’t trust your minifig identification skills, purchase a particular minifig for $4.44 to $5.44

Edited by kasmca

I got mine at Toys R Us last Thursday. Believe they were 3:99. Kept checking WalMart every day but they had nothing which was strange. Managed to get a whole box with 3 complete sets of 16, so if anyone is needing a set drop me a PM. I'm in the GTA and you'll pay what I paid.

Anyone know when Guardians of the Galaxy sets are due to appear in Walmart or Toys R Us in Canada?

Not sure, but I imagine it'll show up in TRU's flyer when they do. FYI, they don't show up in this week's upcoming flyer.

Well crap. It's my birthday today and was hoping to pick the sets up with a gift card my in-laws gave me. :P

^ Yeah, there has been some talk amongst the Canadian LUGs that maybe we need our own country-wide (mostly) online LUG. Perhaps a service organized by the local LUGs or even a "federation" type organization. A thread on EB is nice and all but out of the 20+ members of VicLUG for example, I think I am the only one who regularly posts on EB.

I've been suspecting that I'm the only semi-serious AFOL/MOCer in my entire province.