Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Does your Target smell really bad too? The North London one gives me a headache every time I go in, plus the prices are pretty much on par if not 10-20 cents higher than at Walmart barring sales so I usually just go to the latter instead.

Yeah toxic soup of new buildings and cars is pretty bad. Carpets, paints, and glues etc. all giving off waves of toxic crap. Feel bad for the people that are working there. :/

I was at the Abbotsford Target this evening and they had about 50 C3p0 flashlight keychains on clearance for $4.99, they had a bunch of the minifigure pens for $4.99, Stormtrooper flashlights (big ones)for $9.99 and then a whole bunch of different Galaxy squad sets on Clearance as well.

They also had the mirkwood elf polybag in the Christmas section for $4.99

might be worth checking out your local store

Anyone know if any special deals are happening for "Brick" Friday at Lego Brand stores? I know they have the 2nd of the Christmas set when you spend $99, but anything else?

Edited by legomaniac83

Thanks for the info lowbike1 - I was at Target yesterday and they had the Mirkwood Elf polybag (also a Christmas train, and the Friends iceream stand) in with the stocking stuffers - it's good to know that they'll have some of the polybags I never expected to be able to get :thumbup: .

In Manitoba the only poly bags are at TRU. I have noticed on the Elf Guard poly bags are being listed in Canada. I will have to check our local Target and see if there are any to be found.

Not to change the topic, but the Lego store in Calgary has gotten the new Ninjago sets in, and maybe the new Hobbit sets, and I've heard that the Fairview store also has both Ninjago and Hobbit in.

Here in Manitoba, not even our Targets have polybags. :sceptic: The LEGO selection here is barren.

For Target, try the Christmas section, not the Toy section. Target in Square One Mississauga didn't have any polybags in the toy section but in the Christmas section there were 3 different kinds. I picked up the train set to add to the Winter Village collection.

On my part, I'm just going to wait until the new Hobbit ones show up in Walmart and pick up a few after finals are over.

Found two poly bags at Target (Southdale-Winnipeg) - Friends Ice Cream Stand and Christmas train. There was a shelf labeled for the elf guard but there weren't any bags. Will have to check back again in a couple of days. Found them in the Seasonal/Christmas department.

Found two poly bags at Target (Southdale-Winnipeg) - Friends Ice Cream Stand and Christmas train. There was a shelf labeled for the elf guard but there weren't any bags. Will have to check back again in a couple of days. Found them in the Seasonal/Christmas department.

I beileve this is the Elf Guard:http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=30212-1

On another note, I was at the Toys R Us in Mississauga at Winston Churchill and Derry and they have many of the 2014 Lego City sets on sale already. These are the ones I saw:

Also saw 31019-1 - Forest Animals. They may have had a lot more 2014 creator set but I didn't pay much attention.

I'm betting we'll see a decent selection of some winter wave stuff hitting store shelves next week as part of the Black Friday craziness. I'm hoping we get some decent sales up here, as there's a couple of Chima sets I've been waiting (im)patiently to get my gribbly little mitts on!

Hit up The Lego Store this morning at Sherway Gardens for Brick Friday and got some good freebies. When you got there they gave you a scratch card and I won a Set worth up to $16.99. Got the new Race Car 60053. Wonder if anyone won the $1000 shopping spree? Also recieved the 2nd Christmas set and the Pick-a-Brick box for spending over $99. The Grand Emporium was my big purchase - wanted it before it gets Discontinued. Also picked up 30185 Little Eagle on sale for $3.50 and the seasonal 40058 Decorating the Tree. Anyone else hit up Lego Stores today?

I didn't hit-up any Lego brand stores over the Black Friday/week madness, but I did hit up Sears today and between a promo $10 gift card, 20% toys sale AND scratch and save events, I got the Chima Ultimate Speedorz Tournament set for only $19!

Last Friday I hit-up the local Toys 'R Us for their 50% off all $19.99 Speedorz sets. Got a second Eglor & Winzar and a Lagravis to add to my ever-growing tribes.

I didn't hit-up any Lego brand stores over the Black Friday/week madness, but I did hit up Sears today and between a promo $10 gift card, 20% toys sale AND scratch and save events, I got the Chima Ultimate Speedorz Tournament set for only $19!

Last Friday I hit-up the local Toys 'R Us for their 50% off all $19.99 Speedorz sets. Got a second Eglor & Winzar and a Lagravis to add to my ever-growing tribes.

I picked up a set of speedorz as well, toy'r'us is 20 percent off city and starwars sets. In Oakville. hoping to pick up the fire brigade before it is gone...

Be careful with the 20% City/SW sets promo, as it's only on selected sets though.

I've been wanting a second Battle of Hoth set so my other Rebel pilot has his own ride to fly about with Luke, but it's only the summer wave sets + A-wing fighter that are 20% off this week. :cry_sad:

The Lego Stores at Fairview Mall and Sherway Gardens both have the Lego Movie minifigures in-stock. They have plenty in stock (also those at the back) but at the same time many people have gone through them. Seemed like the Sherway Gardens location has a better variety though. Mastermind at Pickering Town Centre also has them.

Got my 16 in a mix of the 3 stores.

Hey all, it's been a while. I may have missed it if it was discussed already, but has anyone seen the Mirkwood Elf Guard [30212] or Laketown Guard [30216] polybags anywhere? I'm in the GTA, and I've been paying attention locally, but I feel they've both passed me by if they were ever even available.

I'd be more than pleased with a single of each of these, although 2 of the Laketown guys feels just about right to me. Anyone local see them? Have a few extra? Know who to talk to? It bums me out to no end that brand stores don't make a point of having these things in stock.

Thanks!

I'm not in the GTA, but I found the Mirkwood Elf Guard polybag at Target before Christmas and the Laketown Guard polybag at Toys R Us before Christmas as well. I don't imagine there'd still be any left, but you *might* get lucky.

LEGO Art Show by Toronto artist and ToroLUG member, Ekow Nimako. So if you're in the GTA and looking for something interesting to do see. Check it out.

1513716_10153720936315484_935044323_n.jpg

anybody know if any Canadian theatres have free minifigures with ticket purchase? I cant find any info...

I believe Dr. Spock & Si-MOCs were at the premier here in Toronto hopefully they'll be able to tell you.

anybody know if any Canadian theatres have free minifigures with ticket purchase? I cant find any info...

I think AMC does or did. I believe it was a first day thing. If you really must have them, they are relatively cheap on eBay or brick link.

If you get the lego movie game, you can get the emmet western figure, I know EB Games/Gamestop has them! Most stores still have them, even though they were supposed to be a pre order only thing.