Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

My local one (New Brunswick) is closing February/March then Target is doing renovations. It might vary from location to location though.

Huh, that's pretty late; the ones in London have been closed for almost a year now.

I read somewhere there's like 3 Zellers staying open in all of Canada - Etobicoke, Surrey BC, and Montreal-Nord. I've heard that Target's far superior in terms of customer service, at least in the US, so I'm rather looking forward to the change.

Wahoo! 100 pages of Peameal Bacon, Inukshuks, 45th Parallel, Ice Hockey, Beavers, Mounties, Montreal Smoked Meat, Moose, Poutine, Loonies and Toonies, Canadarm, Kraft Dinner, Provincial Capital names that sound a little fishy, Ottawa Senators giving away free beer (not related to Parliament), & slightly over priced Lego! :laugh:

Huh, that's pretty late; the ones in London have been closed for almost a year now.

Here in Victoria (Hillside Mall) construction has been going for months with a two-level Target scheduled for opening in 2014. They demolished the Zellers (and a chunk of the mall) and started over.

Wahoo! 100 pages of Peameal Bacon, Inukshuks, 45th Parallel, Ice Hockey, Beavers, Mounties, Montreal Smoked Meat, Moose, Poutine, Loonies and Toonies, Canadarm, Kraft Dinner, Provincial Capital names that sound a little fishy, Ottawa Senators giving away free beer (not related to Parliament), & slightly over priced Lego! :laugh:

Woo-hoo! Except for the overpriced lego, which has always annoyed me...

Woo-hoo! Except for the overpriced lego, which has always annoyed me...

Well hopefully one day the US economy will improve and the massive differences disappear.

Even though this will probably just mean US prices go up slightly and nothing changes, but still; a possibility on the distant fiscal cliff horizon.

Well hopefully one day the US economy will improve and the massive differences disappear.

Huh?!!? The US economy has been healthier than ours for virtually all of the last 30 years. The price differential has nothing to do with the economy or even different tax regimes (despite what they have tried to say in the past). And since the prices have not been adjusted even after the Cdn $ has been virtually at par for what, two years now it is clearly not anything to do with anything other than pure, unadulterated capitalism. They charge more in Canada because they can get away with it. Just like they do in Europe and Australia.

The United States, land of Wal-Mart, is an overly-competitive market where price-flexibility is a virtual religion. They would charge more in a millisecond if they could get away with it but they are willing to take the lower markup on a larger volume of sales.

Don't kid yourself that prices in Canada will ever match those of the US - well, not until the second revolution tears the US apart at which point we will have a lot more to worry about than the price of toys. ;)

I love how 3 posts above this one there's a "grown" man eating his shirt, and yet some how he's paid more than all of us. :laugh:

I should change careers... shirt eater seems like good occupation.

I love how 3 posts above this one there's a "grown" man eating his shirt, and yet some how he's paid more than all of us. :laugh:

I take it you're not a Kobe Bryant fan? :P

No, I'm a fan. I just figured it was a good topic changer. :laugh:

My local Target looks like it is almost finished, no trace of Zeller left on the building They have a giant help wanted sign posted out front.

But can shirt eaters perform first aid and CPR?

So here's a question:

I got one of these LEGO Store Holiday Pick-a-Brick boxes from around the Christmas promotion or whenever it was. The one that says you can come in from December to March. Anyway, I got it in a bundle of stuff through this other deal, and was thinking of giving it a go, but now I'm paranoid maybe the box has already been used. Is there some way to know or check? I'd hate to go in there and be told the box had already been filled.

Thanks for the insite.

So here's a question:

I got one of these LEGO Store Holiday Pick-a-Brick boxes from around the Christmas promotion or whenever it was. The one that says you can come in from December to March. Anyway, I got it in a bundle of stuff through this other deal, and was thinking of giving it a go, but now I'm paranoid maybe the box has already been used. Is there some way to know or check? I'd hate to go in there and be told the box had already been filled.

Thanks for the insite.

The cashier would cross out the barcode at the bottom of the box when used.

Anyone got info in when the Yorkdale Mall Lego store is opening other than Spring on 2013?

I am going to attend and maybe we can get a gethering together.

Square One Target is pretty much complete, I seriously can't wait for it's opening. I mean the last time I was in one was a few months ago, I moved just in time XD

Anyone got info in when the Yorkdale Mall Lego store is opening other than Spring on 2013?

I am going to attend and maybe we can get a gethering together.

So far all I've heard is the Discovery Centre. March 1. I was at Yorkdale a weekago and signs still say Spring 2013.

I don't know if this is of interest to any of you who may be in the Ottawa area but Wal mart out in Hull (plateau) has like 7 cases of the series 9 CMF.

Last friday I managed to snatch Lego Technic sets 9396 and 9398 at 20% off at TRU.

Considering the TRU prices were initially, EXACTLY like Lego.com ($150 and $250, no TRU tax)!, $120 for 9396 and $200 for 9398 was a pretty sweet deal, totalling $320 instead of $400.

For those in the Calgary area today (February 9th, 2013

Brick Roundup at the Acadia Rec Centre. Our AFOL group (SALUG) has been working on hosting a show and this is our first solo- event! :wink:

Burlington is getting at least two Target stores.

The one at the mall is opening sometime in April/May. Not sure when the other one is opening up though.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

I'm not officially Canadian, yet I live in Canada anyway. I'm British.

But I live here in Canada....

Welcome to the far frozen northern wastes then!

What part of our vast & glorious land are you residing in?

One bright spot about living in Toronto for example - when it snows, city council sends for the army to come in and dig you out! :laugh:

One bright spot about living in Toronto for example - when it snows, city council sends for the army to come in and dig you out! :laugh:

I'm not a Torontonian but they can't live this down eh? That was in 1999! :hmpf_bad:

I'm not a Torontonian but they can't live this down eh? That was in 1999! :hmpf_bad:

I'm from Burlington myself, and we had way more snow than Toronto did at that time so, nope, no living down their epic fail!

I mean, heck, that Thursday before the Prem shut everything down, it was -43 with the windchill, and the snowbanks on the corner of our property were so high they completely burried the STOP signs! (and we were getting roughly another 30cm that day - I've never seen that much snow before or since!)

But all Burlington & Oakville schools stayed open!!!