Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Anyone in Ontario seen Hobbit sets pop up in Walmart? I've been looking for them on their websites and popped by last Saturday but they haven't been released here in London yet. Just wanna know so I can plan the next time I head there.

Anyone in Ontario seen Hobbit sets pop up in Walmart? I've been looking for them on their websites and popped by last Saturday but they haven't been released here in London yet. Just wanna know so I can plan the next time I head there.

I got Bag End at the St. Thomas Walmart about a week and a half ago. They had most of the other sets too, from what I recall.

This last weekend all the early 2013 (Hobbit, Star Wars, Galaxy Quest, & TMNT) sets were at Master Minds Toys.

So I was gonna complain that TRU was jacking prices on the TMNT sets, but then I looked on shop.lego, and they're the same there. The Krang set is 5 dollars more in Canada than in the US? For a 12 dollar set? It's crazy, man. I mean, yeah, there's always been the markup, but how come, with the strength of the dollar staying pretty consistent, is the markup getting bigger? And don't get me started on the $50 hike on Arkham Asylum, which means I'm quite likely not getting it outside of a very unlikely trip to a LEGO store in the US.

Maybe LEGO coulda funnelled some of the Canadian income into balancing out the rediculous disparity instead of opening that 4th location within 20 minutes of each other.

Ach. Just gotta vent about this a few times a year.

PS I still love you, LEGO.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Quite honestly, the only way to get lower pricing of LEGO in Canada, is to stop buying LEGO in Canada.

Of course, that would likely also mean the loss of the LEGO stores in Canada, too.

Might it also be possible that Mirage Studios just charges more than the usual price for licensed themes, similar to Star Wars?

Maybe LEGO coulda funnelled some of the Canadian income into balancing out the rediculous disparity instead of opening that 4th location within 20 minutes of each other.

Especially in a country like Canada, you have to consider the cost of shipping. LEGO has the choice of opening four stores across the country, and setting up four shipping centres, perhaps in the States, which in itself would be a pain. Or it can have a single shipping centre in the T.O. area, then, after that area is completed, start on the next region (either Montreal or Vancouver), until it eventually is a national store. That's how lots of companies handle it, and shouldn't be a source of consternation. Of course you want a store nearby, but they need to do it in a profitable way :wink: Just remember, four stores in Toronto are better than zero stores in Canada.

Hey guys, any good deals for Boxing Day? All I know about is that the Sith Infiltrator and Y-Wing are 40% off at TRU.

The Podracer set (now around $72) and Obi-Wan's UCS ship (approx. $53) look to be 40% off at TRU as well (Have everything that's on sale already though). Some other Star Wars stuff might be on sale too, but it's not listed on the site. Definitely not as good a sale as other years (50% off Prince of Persia comes to mind - from two years ago). I've got a TRU gift certificate to spend, so I'm sure I'll pick up something.

I'll probably take most of my business to one of the Lego stores. I've fallen hard for the Architecture line (have Robbie House, Fallingwater, and Big Ben), so I might grab Villa Savoye and Farnsworth and some other stuff.

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone!

Are the scratch cards going to be just tomorrow or for a few days? In any case, it's nice to hear they'll be doing them - those extra savings sure are appreciated! :classic: I look forward to filling up my 6 pick-a-brick boxes as well.

Are the scratch cards going to be just tomorrow or for a few days? In any case, it's nice to hear they'll be doing them - those extra savings sure are appreciated! :classic: I look forward to filling up my 6 pick-a-brick boxes as well.

They're in limited quantities, so even if they are intended for multiple days, they'll most likely be gone tomorrow.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

What are the general product stocks like at the Fairview store? Did they get to be mostly depleted over the lead up to Christmas or have they been managing to keep their shelves somewhat full? I stop into the Sherway store every week or two (closer for me), but I haven't been to the Fairview since the summer.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

What are the general product stocks like at the Fairview store? Did they get to be mostly depleted over the lead up to Christmas or have they been managing to keep their shelves somewhat full? I stop into the Sherway store every week or two (closer for me), but I haven't been to the Fairview since the summer.

Stocks at Fairview are pretty low. What in particular are you looking for?

That's what I figured. Well, it's good that Lego is so popular as a gift.

I'd likely pick up 2-4 sets from this list, depending on what's around:

Town Hall

Sopwith Camel

Villa Savoye

Farnsworth House

TMNT Lair

Arkham Asylum (Hope this hits stores on the 27th, so I'd probably make a second trip for it then).

Do you happen to know what days of the week or how often the store gets new shipments in? Thanks.

S@H has some sales, but everything seems to be already gone...something left getting could be the Naboo Starfighter for $50

S@H has some sales, but everything seems to be already gone...something left getting could be the Naboo Starfighter for $50

Lawl...I saw that last year at Zellers and was tempted to get it with the 50% off coupon they had....ended up returning it even at $30. Talk about a WAY overpriced set.

Frantically searching for 10231 Shuttle Expedition. Do any LEGO stores in Canada have this set in stock? Excluding Vancouver.

Frantically searching for 10231 Shuttle Expedition. Do any LEGO stores in Canada have this set in stock? Excluding Vancouver.

Haven't for a few months now.

I felt like this is the appropriate thread to post this: THE LOCKOUT IS FINALLY OVER!!!

YEA!!

Now let's see what the Canucks will do with our dear Luongo...