Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

I think Graeme Dymond.

Kudos to the Si-MOCs, Darthnick and Rook for making it to the final 12.

Thanks for the news. Congrats indeed to Si-MOCs, Darthnick and Rook. I heard there were over 200 entrants. I saw Graeme's name in a Yahoo mail post...but is he part of this forum at all? Does anybody have any links to galleries from the events? I would love to hear what the challenges and results were beyond the limited 25 pics on Yahoo.

Thanks for the news. Congrats indeed to Si-MOCs, Darthnick and Rook. I heard there were over 200 entrants. I saw Graeme's name in a Yahoo mail post...but is he part of this forum at all? Does anybody have any links to galleries from the events? I would love to hear what the challenges and results were beyond the limited 25 pics on Yahoo.

Ok so here it is:

BrickFactor Toronto 2012

SATURDAY

Round 1: 210 Builders split into 5 Groups building “Animals”.

8222066025_2c80406b82_z.jpg

BrickFactor 2012 Toronto by RΟΟK, on Flickr

8222059719_f7ca567157_z.jpg

8221892485_c591355ab8_z.jpg

Round 2: 50 Builders split into 2 Groups building “Sports”.

8222172973_fbed7929fb_z.jpg

8223194596_a9916cf874_z.jpg

8223188402_8a2c379b86_z.jpg

SUNDAY

Round 3: 25 Builders in 1 Group building “Around the House”.

8223328106_d7c355b1a4_z.jpg

8223333640_0bbc4a865d_z.jpg

8222228461_e2d1c07a07_z.jpg

Round 4: 12 Builders in 1 Group building “Yourself in Lego”.

8222303127_02ecb7a925_z.jpg

8223368900_64214b935d_z.jpg

8223353038_b6590b0901_z.jpg

Edited by Rook

Those pictures rock!

Are you actually a "Rolf" or just some creepy stalker?

Sherway has all the Hobbit sets, all but 1 Galaxy Squad, a handful of the new Town stuff, and a couple of the new Technic sets.

Are you actually a "Rolf" or just some creepy stalker?

I hope creepy stalker!

Thanks for putting up the photos Rook!

I was in the Oakville TRU tonight and found the new 60016 Tanker Truck! They had plenty in stock. Also picked up a couple 30201 Ghost polybags and the 30163 Thor Polybag (they had tons of these).

They also had the Hobbit video game and with purchase you get the free hobbit Polybag as well.

Happy Shopping!

I was wondering if anyone has seen the Mirkwood Elf polybag at TRU's here. I know that it has shown up in the US, but I fear we won't get it here.

Well here's a funny one...I just ordered the Ninjago Epic Dragon set from Amazon.co.uk with a price of £48.99 hearing it was on sale on Brickset...added it to my cart and checked out to find it cost only £45.78 SHIPPED to Canada!! That's a deal!

It looks like Toronto's getting a third store. A friend sent me this photo from Yorkdale. It's where the Apple Store was before the renovation.

8250955144_59aec13e1d_z.jpg

LEGO Store Yorkdale by Ricecracker., on Flickr

And as a Mod note, please don't complain about other parts of the country not getting LBR stores. I can appreciate that it's frustrating when one place gets multiple stores and others get none, but it really has been beaten to death. Thanks. :classic:

Man, if I happen to be going to U of T next year I should totally apply for a job at one of those stores part-time, it'd be so much fun.

Does that mean the market in Toronto is that big to support 3 stores and a Discovery center?

Does that mean the market in Toronto is that big to support 3 stores and a Discovery center?

Definitely. Fairview covers the east, Sherway covers the west, and Yorkdale covers north. BTW, where is the Discovery Centre going to be?

Like Prateek said...these developer's don't go lightly into choosing their new locations so apparently, the numbers add up to a third store. Yorkdale is also very selective about what stores they will allow into the mall and they really do have their choice as many want that location. Star Article on Yorkdale Expansions

Wow that's nuts we go without Lego in the whole country for what seemed like forever, and then we get basically 4 places within 20 minutes of each other within 24 months! O.o

QEW, 401, 404, & 400. That's every major route into the largest city in the country.

Sweet Christmas, another store?

I guess the fact being in Canada means being generally overcharged for LEGO doesn't phase buyers, if Toronto is buying enough product to warrant 4 locations.

It gives me a reason to go to Yorkdale, I guess, which is a mall I always avoid on account of it being a total jerk mall. But then LEGO Stores seem to gravitate towards jerk malls. I think Fairview is still my store of choice, though.

thats really interesting, but it does make perfect sense. I was wondering why there was never enough light and dark bley. :sceptic:

Was at the Fairview store the other day, and a box of DBG 1x3's went from full to almost empty in about 4 days BEFORE it even hit the PAB walls. So stuff disappears behind the scenes before the "public" even knows about it...which works out well if you're in the know - we get the bricks...the PAB wall maintains colour cache!

I guess the fact being in Canada means being generally overcharged for LEGO doesn't phase buyers, if Toronto is buying enough product to warrant 4 locations.

It gives me a reason to go to Yorkdale, I guess, which is a mall I always avoid on account of it being a total jerk mall. But then LEGO Stores seem to gravitate towards jerk malls. I think Fairview is still my store of choice, though.

Yeah, I'm lucky to stick to Fairview whenever I get a chance to visit relatives in Toronto; closer to where most of them live in Markham and the neighbourhood on the other side of Steeles.

Yeah...Yorkdale also rubs off on me as a jerk mall (for lack of better wording). Part of the reason I don't go there is that it's far for me, but also parking there is absolutely horrendous on a regular day...on Boxing day it's disgustingly bad (I realize it's Boxing day, but the crappiness of the parking situation there blows any other mall out of the water). BlogTO back in 2011 named it one of the worst parking lots in the whole city. It just also rubs off on me as the kind of mall that's filled with people with tons of money to burn who are also the snobby about it (not saying everyone is, but it gives me that vibe).

Fairview is still the easiest drive for me considering where I normally live when I'm not at school is the Markham area. Sherway store I'd check maybe once in a while if I actually had a reason to be in that area but that's still a bit far of a drive.

Edited by Canada_7

Anyone know if the Sherway store has both the Unimog and 4x4 Crawler sets?

They had the Unimog in stock a couple days ago. Can't recall whether they had the Crawler or not, so I'd be tempted to say that they were out.