Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

LUCKY. I've heard from one of the employees working at the Fairview Mall locations that they get some really good perks in terms of pricing for employees.

Huh. I should probably apply for a job there if I end up going to U of T. :o

Hey Guys! So I officially have a job at the Lego Store in Sherway Gardens! YIPPEE! If you are dropping by the store at all in the coming weeks, ask for Stefan and you should be greeted by a gent who bears a striking resemblance to this man

Congratulations! Which days do you work?

London Drugs has a 20% off sale on all Lego and they have a good selection

I got a couple of series 7 ones, but they also have series 8, I just didn't like the series.

Also Ninjago fans, they have the Lloyd spinner and NRG ninja spinners, picked up NRG Zane myself :sweet:

For anyone who is interested, I was at the Sherway store earlier today and found out that the Hobbit sets should be appearing on shelves within the first week of December. I know this is somewhat old news, but it's still good to have proper confirmation.

Just wanted to show you the fruits of ToroLUG's labour: 8131602130_e7b5ec3436.jpg

We raised a good chunk of change for charity, and had a great time :sweet:

I missed this before. Congratulations on getting the whole thing done without a hitch (it seems). It was interesting listening to the Torolug plan the strategy last summer.

The reason I checked into this thread though...

Is anyone going to try out for the master builder position? Just having it be in Vaughn makes it a major turn-off, but it would be interesting to see an EB member fill the position.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/1284460--legoland-discovery-centre-seeking-canada-s-first-master-model-builder-in-two-day-competition-in-toronto

I missed this before. Congratulations on getting the whole thing done without a hitch (it seems). It was interesting listening to the Torolug plan the strategy last summer.

The reason I checked into this thread though...

Is anyone going to try out for the master builder position? Just having it be in Vaughn makes it a major turn-off, but it would be interesting to see an EB member fill the position.

http://www.thestar.c...tion-in-toronto

I forgot you were totally in the meeting when we announced it :thumbup:

Funny you mention that article - I was suppose to be in it - but they couldn't get my contact info before publishing deadline :cry_sad:

Though I will be trying out :sweet:

Though I will be trying out :sweet:

Well...in that case...I will be coming out with my son to watch at least some of the competition!!! Awesome!

On another note...I saw that the Fairview store had some of the new elements on the PAB wall...and a deal for a free PAB Box with a $75 purchase!! I'll update the PAB wall inventory shortly.

So I know there are reviews and stuff, but are the Hobbit sets supposed to be out yet? The Toys Toys Toys in the Eaton Centre [Toronto] have all of them. I didn't buy any because of that store's policy on jackin' the price up sky-high, but still, it raises some interesting questions:

Does this mean LEGO Stores will have Hobbit stuff on Brick Friday? That will make getting to the rewards threshold that day much easier. Secondly, did T3 release this stuff early, and if so, does LEGO care about that stuff? Is there any penalty for selling stuff before release day? Just, you know, curious.

So I know there are reviews and stuff, but are the Hobbit sets supposed to be out yet? The Toys Toys Toys in the Eaton Centre [Toronto] have all of them. I didn't buy any because of that store's policy on jackin' the price up sky-high, but still, it raises some interesting questions:

Does this mean LEGO Stores will have Hobbit stuff on Brick Friday? That will make getting to the rewards threshold that day much easier. Secondly, did T3 release this stuff early, and if so, does LEGO care about that stuff? Is there any penalty for selling stuff before release day? Just, you know, curious.

Do you remember what the prices roughly are? I may need to make a trip down there to pick up a few of these sets. Also, you say they had all of them, but did they have the Barrels set? From what I've heard, it is a Toys R Us exclusive.

EDIT: Never mind. I just called and they have all the sets except for the Barrels set. So it is a TRU exclusive. Still, great news!

Edited by Fives

Why has there been no mention of the Brick Factor event going on in Toronto next weekend? Is anyone here going to be a part of it? I'm in Group 4, if anyone wants to come and root for me!

Edited by IAmWillGibson

What is a "Brick Factor even"?

Agh, I missed a T in there.

Anyways, it seems to be LEGO is looking to hire a new Master Builder. In place of a normal job interview, they're holding some sort of zany live audition event that takes place Saturday and Sunday, the winner of which will be offered the job as the Master Builder at the new Discovery Centre. I have no idea how many people will be there or what any of the format's gonna be like, but we'll see if they approve of my building techniques.

Why has there been no mention of the Brick Factor event going on in Toronto next weekend? Is anyone here going to be a part of it? I'm in Group 4, if anyone wants to come and root for me!

Good luck!

You'll need it.

I'm betting on ROOK.

or maybe even DarthNick as an underdog....

But yes I'll be competing... make sure you wear something distinctive!

I believe ROOK, DarthNick and myself will be competing.

:devil:

Luck's got nothing to do with it. My general lack of spacial awareness and questionable sense of colour will be the real hurdle. Oh, and really, really not wanting to go up to Vaughn for a job.

But hey, I got a Saturday afternoon off, what the hey. Let's have some fun with some LEGOs.

Not to mention hanging out with some AFOLs and

But hey, I got a Saturday afternoon off, what the hey. Let's have some fun with some LEGOs.

Plus you get to hang out with other AFOLs for the afternoon! :laugh::grin:

"Brick Friday" is tomorrow!

Fairview LEGO store doors open at 8am.

Don't know about Sherway.

LOTS of stuff marked down, plus, the "door crasher" peel-and-win cards that can get you 10%, 20%, or 50% off your regular-priced merchandise!

DON'T MISS OUT!

Yeah I'll be at the build. I'm just going to make sure that whoever gets the job has to earn it. :laugh: The pay is just enough that I'm interested, but the hours and commute would mean a change in lifestyle. :cry_sad: So if I won, which is unlikely since at least two other "Master Builders" will be there, I might still turn down the job. If I lived closer to Vaughn Mills I'd be all over this 100% and out for blood! :devil::grin: As it stands now I just want to have fun and if I get lucky and win I'll have to make a big life changing decision. I'm kind of hoping Si-MOCs or DarthNick or someone else smokes me on the building and then I don't have to think about it, and I can just be happy to have participated. Since I'm mainly a ship builder, I think Si-MOCs and DarthNIck have strong advantage against me. :thumbup: See you all tomorrow. :sweet:

Sooooo...who won the competition???? I was unable to attend it!!

I think Graeme Dymond.

Kudos to the Si-MOCs, Darthnick and Rook for making it to the final 12.

Congrats to the winner of the competition. That has always been a dream job of mine (as I'm sure it is with many people), so it's really neat that such a position has finally been filled at such a nearby location.

Also a heads up - I picked up the Kingdoms Joust from the Sherway Lego store this past weekend for $120 (normally $150). I didn't know about the reduced price until it rang through on the register. I'm not sure what the scoop on the pricing is (whether is was on sale but unadvertised or what), but if anyone is interested in the set (which is amazing BTW) you might want to look into it.

ZO6, I believe that that was one of the Brick Friday deals.