Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

For the person looking for Lloyd ZX spinner: Fairview Mall LEGO store has them back in stock but, they are going FAST.

Ach! Get one! I'm totally good for it! 'Cause I dunno the next time I'll be in Burlington, and the two TRUs near me have nothin' whatsoever.

I have an extra but I can't send private messages yet (less than 10 posts) so if you can, pm me or let me know where to get in touch...

For the person looking for Lloyd ZX spinner: Fairview Mall LEGO store has them back in stock but, they are going FAST.

I might be in Toronto on Sunday so I'll stop by if I have time to see if there are any left.

Hopefully.

I have an extra but I can't send private messages yet (less than 10 posts) so if you can, pm me or let me know where to get in touch...

Heh, I can't message you either. Post more, dude! Just out of curiosity, where are you located? That ma influence how much follow-up I'll put into this.

Heh, I can't message you either. Post more, dude! Just out of curiosity, where are you located? That ma influence how much follow-up I'll put into this.

I'm in Burlington. I'm happy to mail it if we can arrange something.

Off to post more.

So I was scoping out Winners and I saw something weird. It was a Cobi set, which is something I've never seen in nature. It was also cheap cheap [6 bucks for 160 pieces] and a fairly interesting set, all things considered, so I picked it up. It's a 30s style gangster car, really long and narrow and strange, but an interesting thing to have if only to remind myself why LEGO is what it is and all other things aren't. Still, I appreciate not-LEGO when it presents something LEGO doesn't, and the quality ain't half bad. It's only about... 17% bad.

Anyone else seeing these pop up at Winners or anywhere locally?

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Not recently, since the Winners in my area have all mostly sold out of Lego. I'll keep an eye out for them next time I pass by one, though.

Did anyone end up going to the Toys'R'Us minifigure trading thing last week?

A french speaking Lego customer service guy just informed me that they were planning on opening the first Lego store in the Quebec province... in Montreal.

Considering I lived 18 years in Montreal, it's too bad they decided to do it right after I moved to Quebec City. :sad:

Did they give any indication for when the store in Montreal would be opening? Maybe after that we'll actually get one in the Maritimes!

A french speaking Lego customer service guy just informed me that they were planning on opening the first Lego store in the Quebec province... in Montreal.

Considering I lived 18 years in Montreal, it's too bad they decided to do it right after I moved to Quebec City. :sad:

That's great news. It is only a 3 hour drive to Montreal from Quebec City, n'est-ce pas? Faster if the Surete don't stop you. :classic:

8121030635_c742103095_z.jpg

Attention Toronto LEGO fans!.

Join ToroLUG members and the Hard Rock Cafe Toronto (Dundas Square) during their Pinktober campain for an interactive LEGO display and build from 11am - 3pm October 27, 2012.

On display will be 10+ iconic album covers rendered in LEGO mosaic.

ToroLUG members will be building a Hard Rock Cafe sign out of LEGO bricks on site and a 40x40 re-creation of Greybricks' mosaic of U2's POP.

Also there will be play brick for kids (and AFOLS).

Rumours of prize giveaways have surfaced. I heard they're raffling off a Pearl drumset so you know I'm entering that.

Hope to see you there.

Event Details

Gallery of ALL albums

Rumors. XD See you there. Are ToroLUG members eligible for the raffle?

That's great news. It is only a 3 hour drive to Montreal from Quebec City, n'est-ce pas? Faster if the Surete don't stop you. :classic:

Yeah, about 3 hours, but gas + car rental is expensive, so although I will visit a few times per year (my brother and his small family still lives there after all), I won't have the option to go there to spend/accumulate VIP points.

Otherwise I just ride my bike everywhere (and use public transit in Dec/Jan/Feb)

Yeah, about 3 hours, but gas + car rental is expensive, so although I will visit a few times per year (my brother and his small family still lives there after all), I won't have the option to go there to spend/accumulate VIP points.

Otherwise I just ride my bike everywhere (and use public transit in Dec/Jan/Feb)

I used to ride my bike everywhere in Montreal too. It was pretty easy to get from my place to downtown on the Lachine canal path. Another option might be to hook up with a LUG in Quebec City and plan some group trips to Montreal.

Just wanted to show you the fruits of ToroLUG's labour: 8131602130_e7b5ec3436.jpg

We raised a good chunk of change for charity, and had a great time :sweet:

Hey Guys! So I officially have a job at the Lego Store in Sherway Gardens! YIPPEE! If you are dropping by the store at all in the coming weeks, ask for Stefan and you should be greeted by a gent who bears a striking resemblance to this man

http://www.flickr.com/photos/si-mocs/6278665686/in/photosof-61655501@N07/

Photo courtest of EB registered User Si-Mocs!

I'm very excited to meet some if not all of you in person and get to work for a brand name that is very near and dear to my heart! I'll see you guys around :sweet: and brick on!

Hey Guys! So I officially have a job at the Lego Store in Sherway Gardens! YIPPEE! If you are dropping by the store at all in the coming weeks, ask for Stefan and you should be greeted by a gent who bears a striking resemblance to this man

http://www.flickr.co...f-61655501@N07/

I'm very excited to meet some if not all of you in person and get to work for a brand name that is very near and dear to my heart! I'll see you guys around :sweet: and brick on!

Congratulations! Hope you have fun at your new job :)

P.S. Photo requires people ot log-in ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/si-mocs/6278665686/in/photosof-61655501@N07/

Wow, good for you! I'm actually at school at the Humber Lakeshore campus, so I may stop in this weekend and say hello!

Wow, good for you! I'm actually at school at the Humber Lakeshore campus, so I may stop in this weekend and say hello!

Drop by on the sunday any time between 11 and 6 and we can chat! :sweet:

And I'll ask Si-Mocs to deeplink the picture, so um, Si-Mocs, can you deeplink the picture? :grin:

Congrats, I'll be see you at some point then. I'm little busy between now and Christmas but in the New Year I'm sure I'll get over to that end of town.

http://www.flickr.co...f-61655501@N07/

LUCKY. I've heard from one of the employees working at the Fairview Mall locations that they get some really good perks in terms of pricing for employees.