Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Just got 3 sets of 8206(cars in Toyko license them) at the super store for 4.94 each. Lots of great parts in them. Bought them at the great canadian super store in Strathroy at the discount section but they may be at other locations.

Found series 7 at HMV if there's one near any of you guys :wink:

:wacko: What? My local HMV closed down just after the Christmas season. But their DVD's and CD's were overpriced anyways so I don't really care. It would be awkward feeling the pack there, would much rather do it at Chapters.

CD stores...those still exist?!?!?! *oh2*:laugh:

:laugh: I still prefer CDs and they have other pretty cool things as well like the minifigs!

:wacko: What? My local HMV closed down just after the Christmas season. But their DVD's and CD's were overpriced anyways so I don't really care. It would be awkward feeling the pack there, would much rather do it at Chapters.

I'm not so sure about overpriced but they certainly have less sales than Chapters.

Almost everytime I go Chapters there is a buy 2 get one free sale for the minifigs.

Almost everytime I go Chapters there is a buy 2 get one free sale for the minifigs.

Chapters is a good place to find LEGO sales. :classic: When I visited Toronto during the March Break, I went to the one in Yorkdale Mall and there was a 20% off all LEGO deal.

My local comic shop sells, along with comic books and action figures, a big wall of LEGO sets. Anyone else have a hybrid store like that?

Try calling around, if they say they don't have them, at least ask when they expect them! :classic:

LEGO store here in Calgary has LOTR, Monster Fighters and some summer City and Creator on the shelf...went up on May 16th. :sweet:

I know asking this is probably pointless, but has anyone seen or heard anything about the LOTR sets anywhere in Canada? I know they are all over the US, but have they possibly shown up north of the border?

I was at Wal mart today and they had 4 of them, Gandalf arrive, the big spider one, the large castle and one other, sorry, I dont know the official names...(this was in Abbotsford)

Any Monster Fighters or LOTR stuff at either of the Toronto LEGO stores? I wanna go sometime this weekend and spend money I don't have, but both are a bit of a schlep for a random check-in.

Any Monster Fighters or LOTR stuff at either of the Toronto LEGO stores? I wanna go sometime this weekend and spend money I don't have, but both are a bit of a schlep for a random check-in.

Fairview Mall definitely has them, and I assume Sherway does too.

TRU in Newmartket has all the Monster Fighters (save for Zombies), some of the City mining sets, and some newest Creator models. No sign of LotR. I imagine other TRU stores have at least the same stuff if not more. Haven't seen any new stuff at various Walmarts yet.

PS. They've got about 2 dozen UCS Jedi Starfighters (currently on for $65) if anyone is looking for one.

PS. They've got about 2 dozen UCS Jedi Starfighters (currently on for $65) if anyone is looking for one.

Thank you for the heads up! I just picked one up. They still had another thirty or so; I wonder if they'll discount it even more :laugh:

So does anyone know if the Zombies set is coming out here, and if so, when? LEGO store employees have given me slightly conflicting information, and I'm pretty eager to get this set. The Zombie Bride and Groom are too perfect, ya know?

In other news, what are the Toronto-area LEGO clubs and groups and stuff? I was at the store, and I see the models built and displayed by people, and it occurs to me that that's, like, a reason to be doing all this. I always sorta struggle with reasons with my hobbies, but that's something I could use as an excuse, and be proud of. So now getting a creating on one of those display bubbles is my new goal. But I needs me some more info as to the hows and whys. [i've got a Treebeard here I totally wanna show off!]

So does anyone know if the Zombies set is coming out here, and if so, when? LEGO store employees have given me slightly conflicting information, and I'm pretty eager to get this set. The Zombie Bride and Groom are too perfect, ya know?

In other news, what are the Toronto-area LEGO clubs and groups and stuff? I was at the store, and I see the models built and displayed by people, and it occurs to me that that's, like, a reason to be doing all this. I always sorta struggle with reasons with my hobbies, but that's something I could use as an excuse, and be proud of. So now getting a creating on one of those display bubbles is my new goal. But I needs me some more info as to the hows and whys. [i've got a Treebeard here I totally wanna show off!]

Hi IAmWillGibson,

There are currently 4 Lego Groups in Ontario Plus one Ontario LUG

in Toronto:

- There is ToroLug, These folks concentrate on mainly sci-fi and fantasy mocs but they do dabble in a bit of everything. They meet either monthly or bi-monthly, Visit Torolug for more details.

- Also in Toronto is rtlToronto, One of North americas oldest lugs, rtl used to concentrate on Robotics, but the group has veared away from that somewhat, and contains members from all types of Themes. rtlToronto has a regular monthly dinner on the second Friday of the month at the swiss chalet by the kipling TTC station, In fact we will be there this Friday at 7.:00 pm Swiss Chalet. rtl toronto participates in a few shows a year in the toronto region. Click here for the rtlToronto web site.

- In Ottawa there is parLUGment who also meet monthly and do a few shows through out the year.

- In the Waterloo/Hamilton/Ancaster/Caimbridge/Kitchener/Orangeville/London/bUrford/Guelph area is WHACK-O-LUG (ok so we need a U town name...)

Whack-o-lug meets on the Third Sunday of the month at Angel's Diner in Guelph (the next meeting will be on Fathers day! (if that is not a perfect excuse for the Dad's to get out of the house :) ) WHACK-O-LUG has members form all different building genres. Whack-o-lug has a relationship with the Toy Building Zone in St. Jacobs and is currently in the last month of a 5 month long display.

representing all of Ontario is the Ontario Brick Builders or OBB, this group was formed to participate in shows where members from all of the ontario LUGS would participate. Currently OBB is preparing for BrickFete, Canadas Only AFOL convention which is happening in Toronto, On July 12th-15th.

I hope to meet you all one day, maybe at one of our dinners or at Brickfete!

Jeff VW

- There is ToroLug, These folks concentrate on mainly sci-fi and fantasy mocs but they do dabble in a bit of everything. They meet either monthly or bi-monthly, Visit Torolug for more details.

ToroLUG actually doesn't focus on Sci-Fi. We attended a Sci-Fi convention where we only had Sci-Fi MOCs on display, but there's no focus otherwise. :classic:

ToroLUG actually doesn't focus on Sci-Fi. We attended a Sci-Fi convention where we only had Sci-Fi MOCs on display, but there's no focus otherwise. :classic:

Only 3 of the +20 of us are really into Sci-Fi. However Si-MOCs and Rook making Sci-Fi MOCs feels like small army of builders probably. :tongue: And yeah we did Ad Astra and May the 4th Sick Kids Hosiptal fundraiser, this year already so a couple of our public events have be Sci-Fi related.

Only 3 of the +20 of us are really into Sci-Fi. However Si-MOCs and Rook making Sci-Fi MOCs feels like small army of builders probably. :tongue: And yeah we did Ad Astra and May the 4th Sick Kids Hosiptal fundraiser, this year already so a couple of our public events have be Sci-Fi related.

My Bad guys, I guess it is the same as rtlToronto not being all about robotics and trains...

Jeff VW

Wow - four LUG's, that's impressive *oh2*!

It's great to see so many LUG´s and that members can both get involved depending on location and different themes changing during the year. I see a strenght in attending shows/having different projects where people can get together.

Take us here at Eurobricks for example - a virtuell "LUG" that has had two Brickworld displays so far and a third one this year. We have had different themes:

(on LSD :grin:) and this year Pirates.

So congrats to all of you in that big area and good luck with the building and meeting - after all it's about friendship and fun as much as SNOT-ing :laugh:!

It’s Canada, it’s cold 24/7 365. There’s nothing to do but build with Lego. :laugh: Of course being from Sweden you know that. But at least Sweden is know for having hot chicks too. :tongue:

It’s Canada, it’s cold 24/7 365. There’s nothing to do but build with Lego. :laugh: Of course being from Sweden you know that. But at least Sweden is know for having hot chicks too. :tongue:

And ABBA too. :laugh:

Thanks for updatin' me on all this, dudes. I'm definitely gonna make the effort to get to BrickFete this year [i couldn't last year], and I'll be looking into some of the other things.

In other news, has anyone seen LOTR LEGO at Chapters or Indigos in their area? I got most of what I wanted from the LEGO store, but I have a Chapters gift card with the Mines of Moria written on it... if and when it ever shows up there, dagnabbit.

Obviously both series are available at the Toronto Stores now as this is a couple weeks later. I just picked up the last The Werewolf set.

The PaB wall had some alright pieces...but they had a few grab bags which had some interesting mixes...and in the back, they had:

• #30239 Green Plant Leaves 6 x 5 Swordleaf with Clip
  • #6079 - Fence 1 x 8 x 2 2/3
  • Tan and DBG Palisade 1x2 bricks
  • Trans-clear cheese slopes
  • Regular picket fences
  • Dark tan 2 x 2 tiles

I missed the 1x3x4 trans-clear panes, and the 2x6x6 windows, as well as the DBG 6x16 plates! *oh2*

The guy at the store said they have coming in some pink and purple parts...mostly trans...that will be interesting!

So I see people talking about Toys R Us jacking prices in the States, and it never really phased me because, besides everyone jacking prices here, TRU was always in line with everyone else. I thought it was a US phenomenon.

But yeah, they've got the LOTR stuff now and, perhaps not inexplicably, it's all more expensive than LEGO store pricing [just the LOTR stuff, by the way]. Which sorta stinks. I liked not having to think about pricing because LEGO was like books [if you shop at a major store, it's always the same or cheaper than anywhere else]. So much for that!