Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Has anyone been to the Fairview or Sherway store in the last few days and noticed they were selling the wedding cake topper kit? I mean, it's less pressing now that there's a bride in Series7, but I still needs me somethin' like that within the next year.

Hopefully I can rally the troops and make an early showing at the Fairview opening this Saturday.

tomorrow (Friday), Zellers is starting a "buy one, save 50% on the second or equal or lesser value" on all Lego sets. I was just there and they have the signs already out, but turned around.

I was wondering how early other people are planning to show up the Fairview Grand Opening. I was thinking of arriving an hour early myself. Would it be a better idea to show up earlier than that?

You mean your shirt with "ROOK" written on the back? :laugh:

I still think you need to get:

chess-rook-t-shirts.png

I'm telling you, you make it, I'll wear it. :tongue: Yeah I'm going to wear my ROOK shirt. The Mrs. got a little crazy and has made herself a "Darth PLUR" shirt. I feel like I'm going to Comic-Con with her. :laugh:

FYI for those going to Fairview store opening - the store should open at 9:30 today and 11:00 tomorrow (according to website).

But the building area Yoda opens at 10:00 and 11:00.

So if you're interested in the exclusives (Minifigs Sat, T Shirts Sun) - I would highly suggest going early, and going to the store FIRST - get that then come out and build some bricks ;)

I'll be in the black Volunteer Apron (as will others) with the super spikey hair.

Come by, say hi! and don't be a stranger!

I just got back from the Fairvew grand opening. The store opened at 9:30 but I got in line at around 7:30, and I was around 18th in line =)

When I finished paying it was 9:45 and at that time I am guessing there were maybe 200-250 people in line. It didn't look as crazy as the Sherway lineup, but it was still pretty long. Just like Sherway, the lineup for the cashiers was brutally slow because of people signing up for the VIP card.

I was hoping to pick up the VW Camper but they are currently sold out at the store. I picked up a few desk calendars instead.

Here are the exclusive minifigs they were passing out. I got 399 of 500, which is kind of a nice number:

20111022fairview_minifig1.jpg

20111022fairview_minifig2.jpg

20111022fairview_minifig3.jpg

20111022fairview_minifig4.jpg

20111022fairview_minifig5.jpg

Edited by appleb

Appleb, which one was you?

I arrived at 9:15am.

The lines were long. *oh2* I should have left the house earlier.

Picture14969.jpg

Waiting in the line. :wacko:

Picture14955.jpg

Still waiting...

Picture14956.jpg

Finally made it inside. All those people were still outside.

Picture14961.jpg

Saw some of the sets I assembled for the store's displays while waiting to pay. :cry_happy:

Picture14965.jpg

Picture14966.jpg

Picture14962.jpg

Picture14960.jpg

Almost to the cash and freedom. :sweet:

Picture14963.jpg

Build a Yoda table.

Picture14967.jpg

Half a Yoda.

Picture14973.jpg

Nice meeting to you: medib, bonnie, ricecracker, si-mocs, blueandwhite, sok117, iain. :classic:

Edited by dr_spock

What an awesome time at the lego store! It's great to be able to put some faces to the names. It was nice meeting all of you, and it was really fun getting to hang out with Simon all day (Sci-Mocs). I can't wait till Brickfete now! And A Toronto Lug is definitely something I could go for!

Awesome day yesterday!

It was fantastic to hang out with old faces and new ones!

Hopefully see some other folks there today!

It was nice meeting all of you, and it was really fun getting to hang out with Simon all day (Sci-Mocs). I can't wait till Brickfete now! And A Toronto Lug is definitely something I could go for!

*cough*

I's Si-Mocs...

didn't even look up my name right... slacker. :tongue:

(though I was very tempted to change a display sign from SCI-FI to SCI-MOCS @ Brickfete since my mocs made up 99% of it all :laugh:

Seriously, it was great meeting you Sok - we made an awesome team out there keeping things flowing :classic:

Sand Green FTW!

*cough*

I's Si-Mocs...

didn't even look up my name right... slacker. :tongue:

(though I was very tempted to change a display sign from SCI-FI to SCI-MOCS @ Brickfete since my mocs made up 99% of it all :laugh:

...I thought it was Sly-Mocks. ;)

Appleb, which one was you?

I arrived at 9:15am.

Oh I was somewhere along the wall in the long green jacket. Probably doesn't help, lol.

I was at Fairview again this morning for the t-shirt and I overheard the district manager mention that they may be opening another Lego Store in Vancouver for Spring 2012!

Here's the t-shirt for the Fairview opening. I really like the tshirt for this one. :D

20111023fairviewtshirt.jpg

Very nice looking t-shirt.

Picture14961.jpg

Nice meeting to you: medib, bonnie, ricecracker, si-mocs, blueandwhite, sok117, iain. :classic:

You totally nailed us in line. ;)

A lot of people were asking about my engraved bricks and also were amazed at all the keychains that Bonnie

and I had on.

We endured the 2 hour wait to get into the store and we were lucky to get a minifig set (#490 of 500).

I thought there were only supposed to be 300 of the special minifig sets. Im happy that there were

more than 300. :thumbup:

It was nice to see familiar faces.

100_7127.jpg

100_7130.jpg

100_7134.jpg

My wife and I showed up at 6:45am to the store and were 5th in line!

Got the minifigs they were giving out as well, but I noticed something odd with mine. Can you spot what's wrong with it?

6273863003_ff4dc4a1ba.jpg

My wife and I showed up at 6:45am to the store and were 5th in line!

Got the minifigs they were giving out as well, but I noticed something odd with mine. Can you spot what's wrong with it?

I think your girl is missing a cup.

I think your girl is missing a cup.

You got it! I wonder if there is any more like this....or I might have the only one :thumbup:

I went as well, bought more than I was supposed to, but got the minifigs so all is well. Now... really, what's with the dude on the BL selling, what, 5 of these, at 175 bucks each? Might they sell anywhere near that? Yowzers. [And how did he get 5 of them?]

I opened mine [blasphemy!!] and noticed, somewhat oddly, that the heads on 2 of the three [beardo and woman] do not feature holes in the heads like most other modern figure heads. I saw the same thing in about half of the heads that came in the Post Office. Strange, strange, strange.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Oh I was somewhere along the wall in the long green jacket. Probably doesn't help, lol.

Here's the t-shirt for the Fairview opening. I really like the tshirt for this one. :D

Long green jacket doesn't ring a bell. I might be able to sqeeze in that T-shirt. :laugh:

We endured the 2 hour wait to get into the store and we were lucky to get a minifig set (#490 of 500).

I thought there were only supposed to be 300 of the special minifig sets. Im happy that there were

more than 300. :thumbup:

Glad, you got your mini-fig set. That woman in front of you and Bonnie was pretty worried. :classic:

You got it! I wonder if there is any more like this....or I might have the only one :thumbup:

Trans-pink cups can be found in the Pink Brick tub set.

Maybe he snuck in, paid friends, duped strangers, or the most likely got their family members to help them out.

My wife says ours is not for sale, but over $150 for the set is not surprising for these.

As far as the worried lady in front of us, I never found out if she and her family got their

copy, though I assumed she did. I stil had my fingers crossed, but I was just looking forward

to the double VIP points.

I was at Fairview again this morning for the t-shirt and I overheard the district manager mention that they may be opening another Lego Store in Vancouver for Spring 2012!

20111023fairviewtshirt.jpg

In Vancouver you say? I'm really excited. Lets hope this is true. :laugh:

i think i asked this over a year ago and didn't really get any responses but is anyone here from Saskatchewan? my girlfriend is from Prince Albert originally and i spend quite a bit of time in SK, including the entirety of this summer

aside from Wal-Mart i don't think i've ever seen LEGO sold anywhere in any of the malls or other stores i've been to there.

Although I don't live in Saskatechewan, here are a few retailers that I know, sell LEGO in Canada: Zellers, ToysRUs, Chapters/Indigo, and some others, but I don't remember them at the moment. Hope this helps.

Although I don't live in Saskatechewan, here are a few retailers that I know, sell LEGO in Canada: Zellers, ToysRUs, Chapters/Indigo, and some others, but I don't remember them at the moment. Hope this helps.

while i'm sure they are there i've never actually seen a TRU in Saskatoon. my girlfriend's sister lives near one in Regina but i haven't been. i've been in Indigo quite a few times and i've never seen any LEGO there. if it's like the selection at Barnes & Noble here in America, well, that would be sad haha.

the only Zellers i've been to is the one in Prince Albert and i didn't see any there either; though it may have just been buried under all the canned goods that expired in the 50s.

i love Saskatoon but the lack of LEGO is depressing haha.