Big Pete

Star Wars Magnets Sets

Used the BSCD28 promo code to get $5.00 off, too!

Is this a code anyone can use, or is it a special promotion depending on how much you purchase or something?

Is this a code anyone can use, or is it a special promotion depending on how much you purchase or something?

I think it is the $5 coupon that is issued by lego.com $5 off any order over 20.

I was all set to buy a set from lego.com. Then I saw a review that said the figs won't come off. He could be lying to stop people from buying them... Anybody have pics that you can remove them and play with them like any orhter minifigs?

Are the new Magnet Sets available in London now? (or in coming March)?

because I will be in London by March, just want to know.

Thank you very much

I was all set to buy a set from lego.com. Then I saw a review that said the figs won't come off. He could be lying to stop people from buying them... Anybody have pics that you can remove them and play with them like any orhter minifigs?

Thats rubbish. I've had 2 packs of the Yoda e.c.t and all are EXACTLY the same as the figures that come with the regular sets, just stood (unstuck) on a magnet brick.

That's good to hear. So the lightsaber isn't glued into the hands, or the head can't turn or legs can't move(I know yoda's legs don't move.lol. I mean the other minis)

Thats rubbish. I've had 2 packs of the Yoda e.c.t and all are EXACTLY the same as the figures that come with the regular sets, just stood (unstuck) on a magnet brick.

That's good to hear. So the lightsaber isn't glued into the hands, or the head can't turn or legs can't move(I know yoda's legs don't move.lol. I mean the other minis)

Yes. I think someone confirmed this a few pages back as I recall...

Probably the guy that "reviewed" it doesn't even own the set, and was just judging from the picture and from previous magnet sets, which were glued.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to when the last magnet set will become available? The middle one with the Stormtrooper, Rebel Pilot, and AT-ST Driver. I could see ordering a few of that one, mainly for the 2 drivers (there are better ways to amass Stormtroopers) so I was just curious if anything had turned up about that one. Or if it was available and then gone instantly. I don't consider that one likely. If that were going to happen it would surely be the Mace/Yoda/Dooku set that would sell out super fast.

To my knowledge all of the magnet sets have only been sold from S@H and LEGO stores, the same as most other special Lego related items that are not actual sets.

Im so going to get some magnets just for the minifigs! Can you take off the bowcaster and their lightsabres? Cause I need chewies bowcaster in the light grey colour (I have it in brown but its not the same :wacko: )

Im so going to get some magnets just for the minifigs! Can you take off the bowcaster and their lightsabres? Cause I need chewies bowcaster in the light grey colour (I have it in brown but its not the same :wacko: )

Yeh you can remove them. The bowcaster is in a silver colour now though, not grey.

Im so going to get some magnets just for the minifigs! Can you take off the bowcaster and their lightsabers? Cause I need chewies bowcaster in the light grey colour (I have it in brown but its not the same :wacko: )

Are you going to order them off S@H? Shipping to over here is :alien:

:sceptic:

na when all the new 2009 sets come out im goin to put in a big order so that way it costs less

Well, I am one of those minifig sellers. I sold over 10,000 minifigs on eBay last year. I am not sure why people think we are rip off artists or such. We provide a product and service, that is all. Demand justifies the price, as well as the risk involved. We need to fork out the money to buy the sets from Lego, and are often stuck with leftover ships or pieces that there is not much demand for.

Anyways, I don't mind if Lego decides to start selling some figures this way. It is annoying if you stock up on a figure, and then Lego releases it in a magnet set for cheaper than your cost, but that is life. Overall, I think it will help my minifig business, and will actually hurt Lego's sales. I am not sure that many people will buy the new Dooku ship now that he is available in the magnet set....

Well, I am one of those minifig sellers. I sold over 10,000 minifigs on eBay last year. I am not sure why people think we are rip off artists or such. We provide a product and service, that is all. Demand justifies the price, as well as the risk involved. We need to fork out the money to buy the sets from Lego, and are often stuck with leftover ships or pieces that there is not much demand for.

Anyways, I don't mind if Lego decides to start selling some figures this way. It is annoying if you stock up on a figure, and then Lego releases it in a magnet set for cheaper than your cost, but that is life. Overall, I think it will help my minifig business, and will actually hurt Lego's sales. I am not sure that many people will buy the new Dooku ship now that he is available in the magnet set....

Well said. I don't think you're ripping anyone off if you're offering something and they are buying it. That's just supply and demand. Ripping off would imply some sort of deceit. I always admired people that took the risk to make sales like that. As far as the magnets go, they are awesome. It really helped a late coming Star Wars collector like myself get some figures I might otherwise not get. And they are so cool. :wub: But I'll still probably buy the Clone Wars sets as well, as I'm a bit compulsive about my need to possess an entire line.

I agree completely. Anyone who objects to minifig selling clearly doesn't understand economics. Ebay is wonderful, because it is one of the few ways to experience a true market equilibrium, where the intersection of demand and supply directly create price. Collectors just happen to have high demand, so the price sets itself.

I was also puzzled about Lego's decision to sell collectible figures this way. While the company still makes great profits on these packs, they're considerably smaller than the profits from the larger sets. Perhaps they expect to offset the reduced set sales by selling proportionately more of the magnet sets. Plenty of us may not have been interested enough in the figures to buy the full sets, but we are willing to pick up the figures for much less (and get multiples).

I think that Lego observed the lucrative secondary market for collectible figures and wanted in on that business (and also to reduce the prices by increasing quantity in the market). As long as these magnet packs add up to higher profits than the bigger sets, we may be seeing these things for quite a while.

really? I think it will only be - for the people who wants to sell their older lego figures (like you). Lego will sell many of these figures to make some good profit and the collectors will be happy!! Thank you Lego. :classic:

Just got my "Royal Guard" magnet set from S@H yesterday with Boba, Leia, and a Royal Guard. Anyone else seem to notice a difference in quality? For some reason it seems to me these figs are made more cheaply with a slightly different plastic or something. I can't put my finger on it, but something seems to be different....oh well, great figs for the price, so it's hard to complain much.