Sign in to follow this  
General Magma

Power Miners - Strange Little Icons on the torso's?

Hello all! :classic:

Yesterday I bought two nice little Power Miner sets, and I noticed both of the miner minifigs to have a strange little icon on their back, and a smaller one of the same on the front. I'd like to know more about this, it might be something about what the miners do in the crew, for example - one is the drilling expert, the other is the expert in dynamite and bombs....but I don't know which icons are what, and together we all could find out stuff about it, to know a little more about the Power Miners crew..not much is known about the miners, since the monsters only are featured on the PM website. My webcam makes a bit blurry-looking pictures, so could someone post a picture of a Miners' torso?

I hope to find out more about it.

P.S. This is my first topic on EB.

I believe they specify what sort of work the Power Miner does (ie, demolition)

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Now I also try to find out what work which miner does.

Power Miners from sets 8956, 8957, 8958, 8959, 8960, and 8961.

I believe the one from 8956 does all the drilling stuff..but I still can't figure out the others..In 8957, the miner has a small stick-looking thing as icon on his torso..

8959 might be the dynamite expert..

Anyone who knows about which work all Power miners do?

Edited by General Magma

Now I also try to find out what work which miner does.

Power Miners from sets 8956, 8957, 8958, 8959, 8960, and 8961.

I believe the one from 8956 does all the drilling stuff..but I still can't figure out the others..In 8957, the miner has a small stick-looking thing as icon on his torso..

8959 might be the dynamite expert..

Anyone who knows about which work all Power miners do?

Uptil now I've only seen a demo expert, a drilling expert and a chemist (featured in the biggest set).

These Icons help distingiush and help you remember the roles of the four miners.

Actually there are more than four miners they did not think of all there names though ! :hmpf_bad: I think the symbols show there rank like if you did not notice Brains is the only one with a white shirt and he is obviously the leader! :tongue:

Actually there are more than four miners they did not think of all there names though ! :hmpf_bad: I think the symbols show there rank like if you did not notice Brains is the only one with a white shirt and he is obviously the leader! :tongue:

How do you know his name?

How do you know his name?

Magic! Only four of them have names so far there is Brains ,Rex ,Doc , and Duke! Brains is the one in the white shirt that Nirdian said was a chemist Doc comes with the Thunder drill he is the one that is not covered in grime Duke is the one that is covered in grime and Rex comes with the claw digger and those are all the ones the have named! If the answer magic does not satisfy you then then I will tell you a different way you could find out there names without magical powers. (That is only in case you do not have any magic dirt or if you have misplaced it.) :tongue: I thought allot of people knew their names but I guess they lost their magic too!

Edited by computerbug

Magic! Only four of them have names so far there is Brains ,Rex ,Doc , and Duke! Brains is the one in the white shirt that Nirdian said was a chemist Doc comes with the Thunder drill he is the one that is not covered in grime Duke is the one that is covered in grime and Rex comes with the claw digger and those are all the ones the have named! If the answer magic does not satisfy you then then I will tell you a different way you could find out there names without magical powers. (That is only in case you do not have any magic dirt or if you have misplaced it.) :tongue: I thought allot of people knew their names but I guess they lost their magic too!

My magic got eaten by one of those rock monsters, sadly. :tongue:

Or let's say, all of them ate a bit of it..that's why they light-up when eating crystals! They get powered up by the magic!!

My magic got eaten by one of those rock monsters, sadly. :tongue:

Or let's say, all of them ate a bit of it..that's why they light-up when eating crystals! They get powered up by the magic!!

I am very sorry to hear that the same thing happened with my cousin! :cry_sad: Well a magical platypus told me you could also find out their names on a brickshelf review of the PM polybag if you veiw image and zoom in! Next time I see the magical platypus I will thank him for spreading his Lego knowledge on to me thus making the world a better place! :grin:

Huzzah you are correct the magic platypus then attacked my home town and set loose a bunch of zombies who ate Hinckley(poor old Hinckley he is always being eaten or being killed in a very bad way :cry_sad: ) :grin:

Edited by KAHUKA

HUZZAH YOU ARE CORRECT THE MAGIC PLATYPUS THEN ATTACKED MY HOME TOWN AND SET LOOSE A BUNCH OF ZOMBIES WHO ATE HINCKLEY (POOR OLD HINCKLEY HE IS ALWAYS BEING EATEN OR KILLED VERY BADLY :cry_sad: ). :tongue:

Stop posting in all caps please-that's very poor form... Thanks.

Stop posting in all caps please-that's very poor form... Thanks.

I am very sorry Mr.Hinckley for this I did not even notice caps lock was on that was from sending messages on facebook and I just did not turn it off.

Once again sorry

i have been studying many different pictures of the miners and have concluded that:

Brains: white body, test tube on shirt, glasses on face. included in: Mine Mech and Crystal Sweeper. he is the scientist. picture

Doc: grey body, grey arms, yellow hands, star on shirt, triangle mouth with point on right side, cheek lines. included in: Thunder Driller. he is the leader. picture of Doc's body and Duke's face

Duke: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, dirt (not beard thing)on face (except where goggles would go) drill on shirt. included in: Thunder Driller. he is the miner.

Rex/Engineer/unnamed miner: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, bomb on shirt, triangle mouth with point on right side, metal piece on right side of forehead with red wavy line running down right side of face underneath the metal. included in: Crystal Sweeper and Boulder Blaster. named Rex in some pictures named Engineer in other pictures. he is the explosives guy because of the bomb, but lego says he is an engineer. picture

Rex/Engineer/unnamed miner: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, drill on shirt, square smile, dotted beard. included in: Claw Digger and Stone Chopper. named Rex in some pictures named Engineer in other pictures. he is another miner because of the drill, but lego says he is also an engineer. picture

unnamed miner: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, drill on shirt, triangle mouth with point on left side, light grey beard on sides of face. included in: Granite Grinder. he is another miner. picture

picture of doc's head and a body with a new icon

Edited by calebexo01