Sign in to follow this  
The Crazy One

Worst ever Bionicle design.

I couldn't find a topic like this that is recent so i decided to ask :

' What is the worst Bionicle design ? '

Any make, set , creature , Matoran , Toa , Villian or Rahi, you chose, which is the worst?

I personally think the Barakii where by far the worst ( With Elek taking the lead is rubbishness ) but what do you think?

T.C.O

The Mahri and Hordika. Mutants just aren't lego's strong. spot.

TLC hasn't been doing so good making heroes recently, either. I've snapped up all the Barraki and Makuta, because they've been so cool and intimidating and each one was different. The Toa, though... In 2008, I only bought Pohatu. Despite TLC stopping the whole 'clone' issue with the villains, the good guys have gotten more repetative year after year. The same torso designs, the same arm pieces, same everything. :hmpf_bad: They used to have new torso, arm, and leg pieces every year... Now they don't. :sceptic:

The heros have gotten worse and worse. Kopaka from 08 is probably the pinacle of boring design though. He just sums up the same design we'd seen a bunch of time already. The others are also boringly similar but Kopaka stands as the leader in "rehash." Not to mention using those legs as arms... What were the designers on when they did that ;)

While the heros have been practically the same, the villains have been varied and dynamic. The barraki especially. Each was unique and different, even if some of the designs were lacking (I'm looking at you Pridak). The makuta also found a way to be unique (the leg designs), despite the fact most of them had the same torso. 09 Looks like we will get another mix of the boring same old same old and a few really innovative sets.

I loved the Barraki. ;_;

I say it's Hewkii Mahri.

If anyone disputes that I will list the reasons why he fails.

I don't think anyone will though.

~Bunda

NUHVOK VA IS AWESOME. DON'T YOU BADMOUTH NUHVOK VA.

I STILL HAVE HIM BUILT AND ON MY SHELF.

At Bunda: Stubbystubbylegs. Cool shoulder armor and mask, though.

(Just not together.)

Anyways, I'd have to say Gali Mistika. Such a disappointment...

The Mahri and Hordika. Mutants just aren't lego's strong. spot.

I loved the mahri!! Do not diss the mahri!!

The set tat I think is the worst is the Exo-toa. The set was very chubby and kinda strange looking... It was fairly frustrating to get a Toa inside, and it was almost useless wihout a toa. Not exactly he best set. Good idea though......

ONUA MISTIKA.

What the hell, Lego?

THAT is what you call Onua?

THAT skinny piece of crap?

What happened to the bulky, strong-looking Onua?

I agree with Wrink. Onua wasn't the strong one, Pohatu was. That's why Onua had to have a Pakari.

The problems with Onua Mistika were 1) No hunch. 2) Very tall in comparison to his fellows.

~Bunda

All of the Hordikas were just horrible. :sick:

And I forgot their name now, but the ones with light-up swords looked pretty stupid too. Not like BIONICLEs at all, especially around the face.

And I forgot their name now, but the ones with light-up swords looked pretty stupid too. Not like BIONICLEs at all, especially around the face.

I think you mean the Toa Inika. :tongue:

Yeh, Onua was pretty crapy looking. :thumbdown:

the set itself wasn't bad, but it just didn't feel like the Onua we used to know...

I think you mean the Toa Inika. :tongue:

Yup. But they weren't so bad actually. Their heads just looked weird and the LU swords were kind of a gimmick.

But the Hordika... Just plain :sick: !

I agree with Wrink. Onua wasn't the strong one, Pohatu was. That's why Onua had to have a Pakari.

The problems with Onua Mistika were 1) No hunch. 2) Very tall in comparison to his fellows.

~Bunda

Actually I disagree with that. Even though he and Pohatu both had Pakaris in 2002, they were referred to on numerous occasions as being "the two strongest." I know they say it's Pohatu now, but I always thought of them as equally strong characters. I'm just talking abut the 2002 Onua Nuva set itself. Not the character.

Oh, I don't know. The arms were annoying, sure, but I love the torsos. :wub:

Looking over my whole collection, I think that most of the Metru stuff is my least favorite. The 03 Titans kind of suck, but there's nothing I like about any of the 04/05 sets. The Toa Metru are -ok-, and that's it. Everything else blew.